Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:09 PM
Default Any ideas for alternate timelines in hoods?
is there any intresting alternate storylines you think could have happened? such as veronaville 5 years before or a plague etc

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:23 PM
Veronaville having a past plague might have been possible in shipped version. I recall there being several green ghosts on Capp's lot; I do not remember which ghosts.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:26 PM
these were the first generation so could be likely i've seen a pleasantview 5 years before but is there a veronaville 5 years before? we could play hero monty the elders could still be young etc

My Tumblr
Theorist
#4 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 12:34 AM
Well there's those "beginning' neighbourhoods by marka93 that could be very useful for creating alternate versions.

I've just started the "Beginning of Pleasantview" one with the "Beginning of Bluewater Village" as shopping district. It's fun and I'm planning many, many additional family lines. The only confusing part is that to get the situation of the shipped version you can't place all the families at the same time (since not all families go back the same amount of generations)
Right now the hood is only populated by Mortimer's and Darren Dreamer's grandparents.
Theorist
#5 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Well there's those "beginning' neighbourhoods by marka93 that could be very useful for creating alternate versions.

I've just started the "Beginning of Pleasantview" one with the "Beginning of Bluewater Village" as shopping district. It's fun and I'm planning many, many additional family lines. The only confusing part is that to get the situation of the shipped version you can't place all the families at the same time (since not all families go back the same amount of generations)
Right now the hood is only populated by Mortimer's and Darren Dreamer's grandparents.

I don't think this is right. I think the only three couples in the Beginnin Hoods that are off by 1 generation they are:
- Simis and Jocasta Bachelor parents of Michael and Bella
- Skip and Flo Broke parents of Skip Broke, Brandi's husband
- Omar and Mariana Matlipan parents of Darleen Dreamer

I did some reverse genetic engineering (as well as used the info from the Wikia) to create their parents in CAS so that they all start out on Generation 1. I was gonna post what and how I did it, but it's a bit much and in an excel file. So if anyone is interested lemme know I'd I'll just zip of the excel and share it. That'd be much easier than tryin to put all the info here
Alchemist
#6 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 2:05 AM
My Pleasantview is currently set at a couple of decades before Sims 2. Cassandra and her age group are toddlers.

If you just wanted to change a few things - what if Darleen and Skip don't die? Maybe the aliens return Bella in the standard three days, or they take Don instead. Maybe Olive doesn't lose Nervous to the social worker, or she reunites with him before he grows up.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 4:55 AM
What if Willow Nigmos didn't drown and she took Nervous in and raised him alongside his cousin? What if Circe Salamis married Vidcund Curious? What if Lyla Grunt didn't die? What if General Buzz died instead?
Inventor
#8 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 6:27 AM Last edited by Sketching : 18th Nov 2017 at 2:49 PM. Reason: clarification
Ho boy, if I listed all of the alternate storylines I played out instead of playing the default ones, I'd have written a novel. I never play the default hoods as shipped and tend to heavily edit the relationships and storylines to my liking.

Pleasantview:
1) Dina starts pregnant with her and Michael's child. (Technically, this is an always for me.)
2) I usually edit Nina and Don to have been romantically involved since they were teenagers (edit: all the way to woohoo).
3) Alexander is Bella's lovechild with Goopy. She couldn't resist his carbonara.
4) Angela and Lilith are actually Daniel's children from an affair, maybe with Ivy Copur.
5) Because of the age inconsistency in a default game, Dustin isn't Brandi and Skip's son but Skip's "adopted" protege. And what do you mean the Brokes are broke? Skip was a criminal mastermind but Dustin killed him to take his place. All of the money is in the pool.

Strangetown:
1) When Gen. Buzz and Lyla broke up, she took Ripp and Buck with her.
2) Jenny didn't marry PT9 but Gen. Buzz.
3) Ditto Circe marrying Vidcund, but I also entertained the idea of her having a thing for Erin or Meredith Lillard.
4) Nervous was never separated from Olive and the two are adept dark magic users who have to sacrifice sims to retain their abilities. Maybe Ophelia joins them later on.
5) Sometimes along with the above, Ajay ran away from home and was taken in as a teen by Olive to be her servant.

Veronaville:
1) This is vague because the memories are unclear in the original, but Goneril is the oldest child or the heir, not Cordelia, technically making her line the most important. So, Goneril is the master of the main Capp Estate and everyone else just lives there with her.
2) Titania and Oberon's distant relationship is because Titania was in love with a fae who died in childbirth (inspired by A Midsummer's Night Dream). Puck might even be their child together.
3) I've rearranged family ties to be more like the Shakespearean counterparts, so Hermia is unrelated to the Capps, Tybalt is Juliette's cousin, Mercutio is Romeo's best friend, and Benedick and Beatrice aren't related.
4) Based on her biography, Goneril didn't want that many children, so what if she didn't?
5) Regan ran away from home when she was a teen to get away from the pressure of competing for the Capp fortune.

Now that I read these, some of them aren't necessarily due to timeline changes but just interpretations of current events; I figured that it'd change the default storyline somewhat though that might just be me. The question's confusing me.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 6:37 AM
@Sketching - I've also started Dina pregnant with Michael Bachelor's late child!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 9:59 AM
mind blown normally the closest thing i have is an idea i avent actually done anything but imagine if there was all the hoods set about 10 years back? not generations back so you could easily cause alt timelines

My Tumblr
Theorist
#12 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 9:59 AM Last edited by Orphalesion : 18th Nov 2017 at 10:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I don't think this is right. I think the only three couples in the Beginnin Hoods that are off by 1 generation they are:
- Simis and Jocasta Bachelor parents of Michael and Bella
- Skip and Flo Broke parents of Skip Broke, Brandi's husband
- Omar and Mariana Matlipan parents of Darleen Dreamer

I did some reverse genetic engineering (as well as used the info from the Wikia) to create their parents in CAS so that they all start out on Generation 1. I was gonna post what and how I did it, but it's a bit much and in an excel file. So if anyone is interested lemme know I'd I'll just zip of the excel and share it. That'd be much easier than tryin to put all the info here

I'd be happy for an Excell file, but I think you also have to take the ages of the premade during the time of Sims 2 into account.

Mortimer is an elder (let's call this Generation X)
John and Jennifer Burb, Cassandra, the Calientes, Brandie, Don are at the beginning/close to the beginning of Adulthood (Gen Y)
Darren, Daniel Pleasant and Mary-Sue are between those two.

The Goth family tree goes back to Mortimer's grandparents (so two gens before gen X, Gen V which would have Victor, Gretle and the Crumblebottom parents) So the Goth family three, as the only one. Goes back three gens from Gen Y, Cassandra is the only adult Sim where you start off with her great-grandparents
I also included the Dreamers (who go back to Darren's grandparents) because Darren is older. They'll have their children later in life than the Goths. I might also have to introduce the pleasants, but I might do it later, so that Angela and Dustin will be of the same age.

For the rest of the families it's either two gens before Y (Lothario, Burb, Pleasant, Newbie, Caliente, Gen W)
Or even only one Gen (Oldie, Bachelor, Darren's late wife, Broke, Gen X)

So they'll have to be introduced 1 or 2 gens after the start. Otherwise people like Brandie Broke, the Calientes and Don Lothario end up being of the same age as Mortimer instead of being much younger. Or do I have a complete logic fail here?
No matter what happens the ages of the youngest premade gen (the children and teens) will be completely different from what's shown in the shipped version...

Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
Has anyone tried to mix TS3 lore with the beginning hoods?

Actually one of the reasons I'm playing the beginning hood is so that I can "correct" the (imho) huge mistakes (or rather, retcons) Sims 3 lore contains. In my version Mortimers parents will be conservative aristocrats (as shown and stated in Sims 1), not Hot Topic fashion victims and Bella's parents will be eccentric and hedonistic witches (as stated in earlier lore), not an average suburban couple.
I might include the Wolffs though, Morgana and Thornton were the only Sims 3 premades I liked.

I might have included super-evil Nancy Landgraab (because I kind of like the idea of the "evil" rivals of the Goths having a founding mother), but Bluewater beginnings already comes with a Landgraab family that starts out with Malcolm II. I'll still name every firstborn Landgraab girl "Nancy", though.

The other families...well I don't really need sitcom parodies like the Altos or Tobias Koffi (sp?) in my game.

Might include the Roomies from Sims 1, though so that Michael Bachelor can marry Chris Roomies instead of Dina and have kids. Maybe later on Dina will steal him away...
Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
mind blown normally the closest thing i have is an idea i avent actually done anything but imagine if there was all the hoods set about 10 years back? not generations back so you could easily cause alt timelines

You could always take Neighborhood 1 from the first game (which takes place 25 years prior to TS2) and re-create the Sims from it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 10:05 AM
actually i've made a hood combining all the beginning hoods and i'll upload it to mts once all the current adults are children...sounds hard but i'm determined

My Tumblr
Alchemist
#15 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
2) I usually edit Nina and Don to have been romantically involved since they were teenagers.
This is canon. The memories show that they were each others very first kiss as teens. I think it's funny that so many players make Nina into this female Don when Don's the only Sim she's ever been romantic with. She doesn't even have the Mystery Sim memories.

Has anyone tried to mix TS3 lore with the beginning hoods?
A bit. Kaylynn's brother and Skip's sister are in my game.
Inventor
#16 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
This is canon. The memories show that they were each others very first kiss as teens. I think it's funny that so many players make Nina into this female Don when Don's the only Sim she's ever been romantic with. She doesn't even have the Mystery Sim memories.

Sorry, I should've clarified - I've edited them so that their memories show that they've made out and woohooed in their teens.
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 2:36 PM
ok for the beginning hood i have in mind (play until current adults are teens) i need suggestions for alternate timelines;any suggestions?

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#18 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
You could always take Neighborhood 1 from the first game (which takes place 25 years prior to TS2) and re-create the Sims from it.

I already did that. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=522506

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#19 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion

As for some of the families being out of place like the Broke family, as long as you do not place them in a house in the hood they will not show up in game yet.
I made them and never placed them so there not active until you place them in a house.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 4:09 PM
i'm also adding the ts3 premades to this beginning megahood i'm creating too i just hope population won't be too much...

My Tumblr
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 7:46 PM
Let me see how it goes

if it is just sunset valley it might not end up too chaotic

it just would be a mix of sims 1\2\3 maybe also some 4

yeah i'll add the windenburg sims into veronaville (academie le tour if they are young adults)
midnight hollow sims into downtown
and etc it'll be hard to imagine loki beaker without his eyebrows though

i'm posting progress on the whats going on in your game ts2 thread or might blog it

My Tumblr
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 9:28 PM
just a few i think because there's a population limit of 3720 or i could fit everyone if i tried
where will the ts4 sims fit into this though? i'm adding ts3 sims when mortimer goth is a child ans ts1 sims when he's an adult

My Tumblr
Page 1 of 3