Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 2:50 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 27th Apr 2017 at 4:29 PM.
Default You know you've been creating for The Sims 2 too much...
When your own 15 year old daughter comes up with that very title/idea for a new thread...after having to listen to you, for x time on end, pondering out loud about your txmt's, your meshes, your...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 3:18 PM
...when I realised I haven’t played for a few months.

But now it’s the opposite, I feel more like playing than creating and I have plenty of unfinished things that are waiting for me.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 10:07 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 28th Apr 2017 at 12:39 AM.
...when I realize I've only played TS2 to test CC for nearly a year (no storytelling and such, though I have done the occasional small photoshoot, usually with newly made CC, of course).

...When my project folders add up to twice the size of my CC folder. The current ones (I have 3 I use on my laptop - the stationary computer has more) are around 60 GB in all, but that's probably also counting some CC objects, textures and whatnots, not just package files.

... When I realize I have 10 GB worth of new infant outfit projects (textures and package files), not counting the ones I've already posted. Truth be told, the texture files hover at 10 MB each, but still...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 10:28 PM
Oh..talking about your cute baby outfits..do most of them have covered feet?

Theorist
#5 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 10:36 PM
When you take a 5 month hiatus from playing the game, only to find that you're still creating stuff to add to the game you're not even playing.

When you spend so much time 'shopping' for your sims home decor that you convince your husband it's time to remodel/redecorate your real life home. Hello summer DIY projects.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 11:18 PM
When you have dreams about what you can do to change a mesh or recolor you're working on. (I guess when I decide to "sleep on it", I really take myself literally!)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 11:37 PM
I do too, almost every night, I'll fall asleep ON it.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 11:54 PM
I have a list - on an Excel Spreadsheet

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 12:05 AM
ah! I'm still on paper. I lose them all the time.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 2:02 PM

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Instructor
#11 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 4:16 PM
When you have created 100s of formal AF gowns in every color imaginable, and realize a) most of my adults are gay males and 2) my Sims rarely if ever actually wear formalwear.

And when you literally take 4 nights of solid BodyShop work to creat custom clothes for a family of three, and end up playing said family for 1 nights before you go off and create another family with more custom clothes.

goderguy
Forum Resident
#12 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 4:41 PM
...when you dream about the perfect staircase to match the medieval manor you're building.

or when you still silently rage over the horrible monstrosities EA games created for your University Hood. (JUST WHY EA? WHY! DO YOU ENJOY MY SUFFERING?! I STILL HAVE TO REDESIGN THE DORMS!!!)

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Oh..talking about your cute baby outfits..do most of them have covered feet?

All, I think. But I'm not sure how many I'll post. I've borrowed textures here and there...
I have way more outfits han I'll ever be able to use. I think I have at least 3000 different (not counting those I have more than one version of), probably a lot more.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 1st May 2017 at 5:45 PM
When the last time you opened The Sims 2 was for recording a new video for your channel
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 5:04 PM
When you feel tired, but happy, childesh but mature and then you think...
I'm an object with more than 2 subsets!

Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 5:07 PM
When after 15 years of playing Sims 1 and Sims 2 and make hoods to play that you get burnt out and can't play any more.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 5:54 PM
Well, when I think of some CC ideas I pretend it was my sims that asked me for it. Am I going crazy?

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 2:29 AM
... when I realize that since the start of December -17 I've made at least 900 new CC meshes and recolors for my game (as in 900+ individual files). Half of it was made in December alone

I've also slowly managed to learn my way around Blender (mostly by osmosis), which I tought never would happen, so I guess I've been a little busy.

I've also come to that step where I can add slots without a tutorial, another thing I thought would never happen. Still having troubles with the XYZ orientation, though.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 3:48 AM
when you're taking a walk IRL and think "this should be at least 2 tiles wide!"

honestly ppl who construct the things in our town ought to play sims2. the routing here is terrible!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#20 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I've also come to that step where I can add slots without a tutorial, another thing I thought would never happen. Still having troubles with the XYZ orientation, though.

ooo - might have to come and talk to you then. I'm thinking of a slots fest object (or two - maybe). But after the thing for the Pet theme

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#21 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 7:47 PM
Well when you get it figured out, let me know! I can do slots, but I absolutely HATE THEM!

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
... when I realize that since the start of December -17 I've made at least 900 new CC meshes and recolors for my game (as in 900+ individual files). Half of it was made in December alone

I've also slowly managed to learn my way around Blender (mostly by osmosis), which I tought never would happen, so I guess I've been a little busy.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:03 PM
I know how to do deco slots (still a bit touch-and-go on the X and Y orientation), how to edit existing slots (I've known that for a while, still with the touch-and-go on orientation), and how to remove them if there are too many (which is basically reversing the process, but carefully).

I've reached my 11th year of creating stuff for the game - it's about time I advanced a little forward :P

I'm a "learning by doing" kind of person. I'm unable to just sit down with a bunch of tutorials and learn a bunch of stuff for "later use" - I need to have a project where there's something I absolutely must to add to it. I know I need to do THAT to get the object to do what I want. So I find a tutorial on how to do THAT, and keep working on it until I'm happy. Then a while later I figure out I need to do THAT again, skim through the tutorial, get things wrong, skim through again, get more things wrong, read that &%$@%# tutorial from start to finish to find that one very hidden but important point I managed to skip over, and finally get things right. Takes me a few more tries, but eventually I manage to do THAT without the tutorial.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#23 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:52 PM
Mad Poster
#24 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 12:13 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Feb 2018 at 12:30 AM.
Spoiler, so as not turning this into a tutorial section

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 12:15 AM
I SO need to learn about slots...adding deco ones, mostly, but routine ones..a dream if I knew how. My creatingz could improve

Page 1 of 2