Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 10:01 PM
Default Flat roof Deco?
I'm building a square, boxy three story house on a foundation. I can't seem to figure out how to play any deco around or on top of the flat roof. It needs something to finished it off rather than just a plain edge. Is this possible?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 4:03 AM
You can try placing a short fence on the edges, or place an exterior border at the top of the building.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 8:15 AM
Thanks, I've tried, but I can't get anything to place. Maybe I just don't have the right touch yet. I thought maybe there was some restriction above three floors.
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 8:27 AM
You can't build fences and walls on the 'fourth' level, you can only place roofs there. But, you should be able to place some kind of decorative border if your wall is high enough I think.
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 11:54 PM
Default Is this what you mean?
Like this?

Hope this helps. I've included a photo of unfinished roof then one where the stairwell access is capped with a roof.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 10:07 AM
That house you have on the fourth floor is that just a roof lifted to fit a door? Nice!
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 4:39 AM
Default RoofTop Patio
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
That house you have on the fourth floor is that just a roof lifted to fit a door? Nice!

Yep it sure is!! I wanted a kool looking way to finish off the stairs so the lights will work below. Since I saw somewhere else on this forum something about that. All lights work fine in the house. I will be glad when we get floor, wall and terrain textures figured out for sure! I've moved a copy to a 50x50 lot and expanding the floors one at a time. You can put anything on the roof except walls, railings still work and people can BBQ, build a rocket or woohoo in the observatory. There is even room for some plants just inside the door at the top! I just didn't see any homes with stair access to the roof and thought well, cities are FULL of those...so my house should have one too! And I wanted it to look like one of the nice stucco homes I remember seeing in the mountain towns of New Mexico.