Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 6:27 PM Last edited by andrea99sims : 12th Jan 2016 at 11:07 PM.
Default Collections thumbnails
Hello everyone,

I need to get the gardening collection thumbnails for a game guide I'm writing. I opened the thumbnails.package but I was able to find only objects thumbnails.

Can you tell me where I can find them and how to get them please?

Thanks in advance.

For collections thumbnails I mean this type of thumbnails.

Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 7:32 PM
Check localthumbcache.package in your "The Sims 4" folder in Documents.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Check localthumbcache.package in your "The Sims 4" folder in Documents.

I checked but I didn't find them. I'm going to open the game and go to the gardening collection, and then I'll re-check the localthumbcache.package. Maybe the thumbnails just need to be loaded in the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 9:37 PM
I tried to load the file opening them in the game, then I went to localthumbcache.package, but I didn't find anything.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 9:56 PM
Maybe I misinterpreted the picture you posted. Is this an icon that shows in the UI? Then you could simply take a screenshot and use that?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Scholar
#6 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 5:51 AM
Do you mean the icons..... You can download them from here

http://modthesims.info/d/549037
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
Do you mean the icons..... You can download them from here

http://modthesims.info/d/549037

No I don't mean the icons. From the live mode UI, I open the inventory, then I open the collections panel. Here I can see all the collections and for each element its thumbnail. I want to get that thumbnails. I prefer to get the real thumbnails and not take screenshots.

Here are some examples (I took them from a site)

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 1:42 PM
Here is the image so you can understand well

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#9 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 1:52 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 10th Jan 2016 at 4:49 PM.
These look like the bog standard thumbnails of those ingredients to me, not anything special about collections.

They are in thumbnails.package, same ID as the OBJD of the respective ingredient. If you are looking for stuff from EPs, those might have their own thumbnail packages in their respective subfolders.

The pattern/shape/triangular shadow thingy in the backgrund is not part of the thumbnail, that's part of the game UI.
Screenshots

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 2:33 PM
These look like the bog standard thumbnails of those ingredients not me, not anything special about collections.

They are in thumbnails.package, same ID as the OBJD of the respective ingredient. If you are looking for stuff from EPs, those might have their own thumbnail packages in their respective subfolders.

The pattern/shape/triangular shadow thingy in the backgrund is not part of the thumbnail, that's part of the game UI.

Ok, do you know where to find the plants IDs list? So I can save much time not searching for the thumbnails.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#11 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 3:08 PM
Some of the IDs are listed in this post: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=569528 -- scroll down to the "Common Ingredients" infobutton, and note that those IDs are in decimal

Other than that, search fullbuild0 for "gardenFruit" / "gardenFlower", filter for OBJD. Top menu > Tools > Search. You can type "objd" in the filter box, don't need to scroll.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 11:07 PM
Some of the IDs are listed in this post: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=569528 -- scroll down to the "Common Ingredients" infobutton, and note that those IDs are in decimal

Other than that, search fullbuild0 for "gardenFruit" / "gardenFlower", filter for OBJD. Top menu > Tools > Search. You can type "objd" in the filter box, don't need to scroll.

I like the background pattern so I chose to take screenshots from the game. Thank you!