Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 7:48 AM
Default white skinned sims have dark skinned babies
all the families that give birth babis have with dark skin but they are not. they always go to have the babies at the hospital and I think that nurses change the babies that is a joke, but the color of babies is true and strange. i really dnt know how to solve it
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 11:47 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 14th Feb 2015 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Grammar Nazi :x
Are you sure they're babies being born in game or are you just seeing these families in manage worlds? I have a problem where families generated by the game look like they are completely unrelated (Ex. Spanish mother, Black daughter, Chinese son). If these are actually families that are being played, and/or the babies are being born naturally in game then I don't know what's causing the issue. I know the new superior genetics they boasted at launch seem a bit messed up and definitely don't live up to what they claimed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Are you sure they're babies being born in game or are you just seeing these families in manage worlds? I have a problem where families generated by the game look like they are completely unrelated (Ex. Spanish mother, Black daughter, Chinese son). If these are actually families that are being played, and/or the babies are being born naturally in game then I don't know what's causing the issue. I know the new superior genetics they boasted at launch seem a bit messed up and definitely don't live up to what they claimed.

all the cases have happened in families that i have created and i am currently playing. so i think the problem comes with the game cz it happened after the last actualization. but thnks anyway
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 8:34 PM
Babies are objects, they do not have genetics. For all I can tell it’s random which model is used.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Theorist
#5 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Babies are objects, they do not have genetics. For all I can tell it’s random which model is used.

I knew babies didn't have genetics per-se but I thought they would at least carry a skin tone value considering there's only about 4 choices for infant models. I'm almost ashamed on behalf of EA

... Actually thinking about it. I think the 4 skin tone models for babies might be the problem here. There are more skin tone options for adults, so when they have a baby it just has to select the closest one, and sometimes "the closest one" in the games eyes is still a ways off to ours.