Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 10:03 PM Last edited by mummy_001 : 27th Mar 2015 at 10:43 PM.
Default Why cant i play without updating my game first? {Solved}
I decided to not update my game what with all the broken bits this new update is causing. However I have auto update turned OFF but when trying to play the game it says there is an update and I am not able to play the game without applying the update first.....Argh why is it so....
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 10:06 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 27th Mar 2015 at 10:18 PM.
Can't you just go offline? That should shut it up for good.

(ETA; I mean going offline in Origin, not disconnecting from the internet.)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 10:21 PM
Yes I am offline via origin but the blasted thing is still telling me to update....LOL I think it is because its a major update. I have ticked via Origin to ignore minor updates but alas its still telling me to update..

Looks like I'm going to have to update my game and join in with everyone else's pain of removing all my favourite mods and cc. Good chance for a cleanout though I guess...

Lol I just went back to origin and rechecked. During one of their updates (Origin not EA) online had been enabled again. I'm still offline via my Sims game but had to go offline again with Origin.
Now I am playing without the update....Yay
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 10:36 PM
Yeah, Origin is notorious for reverting all settings with updates. Do check your privacy settings while you're at it.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Yeah, Origin is notorious for reverting all settings with updates. Do check your privacy settings while you're at it.

Yes thanks for the heads up on that...