Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 3:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Wall speakers on community lot each playing different song
I have this underground, 2-floor nightclub where I'm testing the best and greatest club music for a new mod I'm working on but for now those tracks are all in my Custom Music folder. Community lot speakers don't play custom music by default (it's a bug that was never fixed), but I'm using a mod by Shimrod which makes it work.

Problem is, now each one plays a different song. So there's 6 or 7 different songs playing at once. I was gonna do certain things with that club today, and I only have today, so I'll need to somehow have it fixed as soon as possible. As far as I can tell, I'm the first to have this problem....
Thanks!

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 5:40 PM
No, not the first. The mod doesn't help with community speakers and custom music. If you try the same with the smaller speakers (can't remember which EP) it's even worse because then the speakers will be silent.
The only way to make custom music work in all rooms of a lot is to use the upgrade "Wire House With Speakers" on a regular stereo in combination with Shirmod's mod.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
No, not the first. The mod doesn't help with community speakers and custom music. If you try the same with the smaller speakers (can't remember which EP) it's even worse because then the speakers will be silent.
The only way to make custom music work in all rooms of a lot is to use the upgrade "Wire House With Speakers" on a regular stereo in combination with Shirmod's mod.

How do you apply upgrades to a stereo on a community lot? Usually you can do it with DebugEnabler, IIRC.
And besides, don't the other clubs work just fine with regular community lot speakers?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
#4 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 6:09 PM
I can't remember the specifics but it's tied to the channels. Some lack a proper entry for wired playing. Or rather they have an entry but no corresponding reference in the game files. Just compare the default Stereo.xml with Shimrod's and you will see what I mean. There are more channels than just the custom that won't play on community speakers, mainly those from later EPs. DigiTunes is, I think, one of them. But these can be modded, while the peoblem with custom music remains.

And yes, with DebugEnabler you can upgrade stereos.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 6:26 PM
So I've put in a stereo, stashed it away somewhere no one can see or reach it, and the audio still doesn't repeat. Now, the default speakers don't wire to the stereo and the Showtime speakers don't produce any sound at all.
How hard can it be just to get some fucking music to play in my fucking club? God, this game sometimes.

insert signature here
#6 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 7:28 PM
Remove the speakers. A wired stereo doesn't need any.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 7:59 PM
That works for default radio stations, but NOT for Custom Music. I need it to work for Custom Music.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 8:01 PM
Actually, I think it works now. Yeah, it works. The stereo just needed a little encouragement, it seems. Thanks!

insert signature here