Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 9:17 AM Last edited by xPennyxTallyx : 16th Oct 2014 at 7:34 PM.
Default Palm Isle
Palm Isle

Some inspiration taken from the Isle of the Midnight Sun.

Background

The apocalypse has come. The government's and their military's promised to keep the world safe, they promised to fix the world. They couldn't do it, everything they tried, failed...

So you and the people closet to you ran.

You stole a boat, hoping in vain, that you could find somewhere safe to live, where the infection hadn't spread.

But the boat sunk, you and your friends had to swim to the closet patch of land. You got your wish, the infection wasn't here. Now you have to figure how to survive.

Aim: To survive as many generations as you can.

Basic Rules

- No pets, unless you adopt them from the wild.
- Have at least 3 starter sims
- No cheats
- No travelling (See adding new sims)
- Read Restrictions!

Adding New Sims

- Add a new sim to the household you need to add them on the lot through 'Edit Town'

or

- use the mail-man/Paparazzi

Restrictions

Name: Building
Unlocks: Walls & Roof
What to do: Catch 20 fish, Find 10 seeds, and unlock Fire!

Name: Catching some Zzz
Unlocks: Beds
What to do: Catch 10 fish

Name: Study Up
Unlocks: Bookcase
What to do: Catch 15 fish, and find 5 seeds

Name: Fire!
Unlocks: Fire Pit
What to do: Get Fishing Level 4

Name: What's that Smell?
Unlocks: Plumbing
What to do: Get Fishing Level 7, Unlock Buzz! & complete Building.

Name: Eureka!
Unlocks: Electric
What to do: Handiness Level 5 on two sims & complete Building.

Name: Easy Peasy
Unlocks: Cooker
What to do: Cooking level 5 and Handiness Level 7 on the same sim & complete Building.

Name: Brrr!
Unlocks: Fridge
What to do: Handiness Level 9, Cooking Level 7 and Gardening Level 5 on the same sim & complete Building.

Name: Scenic
Unlocks: Painting Easel
What to do: Collect 15 seeds with one sim

Name: Buzz!
Unlocks: Beehives
What to do: Harvest 10 plants your sims grew.

Name: Far Search
Unlocks: Telescope
What to do: get Logic Level 4

Name: Big Messes
Unlocks: Sculpting
What to do: Unlock Buzz! And Scenic

Palm Isle will be available soon on MTS, just waiting for approval. Until then a Mediafire Link is available below, it is a WinRAR file, but 7z will be made available if asked for.

Images of Palm Isle

World to Download

"Fear is only in our minds. But it takes over all the time."
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 9:33 PM
Any questions?

Scholar
#3 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 9:40 PM
I think it would be better if there were no pets, at all, especially wild ones, as pets can easily spread infections.
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 3:55 PM
I like this challenge. But there are a few issues. How are they going to eat without a fridge? And what about showers? They need these to live. I would suggest a mini fridge and they unlock a better one after lifting that restriction. Other than that, this is a nice challenge. I might play it when he map is out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by auddygirl4100
I like this challenge. But there are a few issues. How are they going to eat without a fridge? And what about showers? They need these to live. I would suggest a mini fridge and they unlock a better one after lifting that restriction. Other than that, this is a nice challenge. I might play it when he map is out.

You unlock the fire pit and roast fish or find some seeds and plant them.

Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 5:58 PM
This sounds like a fun one to try. The question I have is what are you allowed to start with? Are you allowed to have books to learn things like logic, handiness, etc? Can you have a toilet? Can you have a shack? Can you have a bed or sleeping bag? I feel like this is a great base for a challenge but needs to be a little fleshed out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by samijo528
This sounds like a fun one to try. The question I have is what are you allowed to start with? Are you allowed to have books to learn things like logic, handiness, etc? Can you have a toilet? Can you have a shack? Can you have a bed or sleeping bag? I feel like this is a great base for a challenge but needs to be a little fleshed out.

Look at the restrictions. A shack requires walls & a roof, which need to be unlocked. Beds and a bookcase have been added to the restrictions. You can only have what isn't restricted.

Scholar
#8 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 9:03 PM
So we can have TVs?! :P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
So we can have TVs?! :P

Haha, I just noticed that I forgot to change Eureka!. Sorry you have to unlock that to get electric xD

Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 10:11 PM
This one sounds quite good, and the island should probably run pretty quickly on my laggy game. I'll be sure to check back for when the world gets put up for download.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 6:52 PM
World Now Added!! It is a WinRAR package but 7z will be made available is asked for.

Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 7:21 PM
Has anyone created an island world especially for this challenge? How about a recommended world/neighborhood for this challenge with download links? I might be trying this challenge but need a suggested world to play it in preferably 1024 x 1024 or smaller in size.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 47Stewdy
Has anyone created an island world especially for this challenge? How about a recommended world/neighborhood for this challenge with download links? I might be trying this challenge but need a suggested world to play it in preferably 1024 x 1024 or smaller in size.

Bottom two links top is images and bottom is a download. Tiny World really, perfect for laggy games like mine. It's literally been on only 40 minutes at this point in time.