Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 5:51 PM
WCIF a fix for unnamed wantable object
Where can I find a MOD or a fix to unnamed want object error, like want to buy <unnamed wantable object category 10098> for example.
It has to work with BV not FT or Higher. I am playing with The Sims 2 Super Collection.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Where can I find a MOD or a fix to unnamed want object error, like want to buy <unnamed wantable object category 10098> for example.
It has to work with BV not FT or Higher. I am playing with The Sims 2 Super Collection.

I have the same issue, too, and I believe it has to do with a mod I put into the game, “WantTuning.package" from Squinge. Do you happen to have that mod? For me, it only happens with the Fortune aspiration. I think the want is related to an expansion I don´t have, probably FT or AL. I never found a fix for it, so ideas are always welcome.

I found a discussion about the wanttuning mod, it obviously conflicts with other mods, which I also have. Not sure if this is useful for you:
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6073
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 7:58 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 27th Apr 2017 at 9:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rebellina
I have the same issue, too, and I believe it has to do with a mod I put into the game, “WantTuning.package" from Squinge. Do you happen to have that mod? For me, it only happens with the Fortune aspiration. I think the want is related to an expansion I don´t have, probably FT or AL. I never found a fix for it, so ideas are always welcome.

I found a discussion about the wanttuning mod, it obviously conflicts with other mods, which I also have. Not sure if this is useful for you:
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6073

Yes I do have WantTuning.package it is part of the NewLTWEnabledEP5 set. I don't have FT or AL either. Thanks for the information. I only get the issue with Fortune Sims as well.

So I went to LeeFish and read that thread carefully and BoilingOil was telling someone that they should put two files by Squinge "Wants.package, WantTuning.package" that are part of Sqinge's New LTWs mod into the TSData/Res/Wants folder of your latest EP, as they do not work properly otherwise. In my case it is BV, so Bon Voyage/TSDAta/Res/Wants is my path.

I am going to do this and hopefully this will fix my issue, I will see hopefully this does take care of my issue.

You should do the same, put the files "Wants.package, WantTuning.package" into the TSData/Res/Wants folder of your latest EP and then see if the issue with the unnamed wantable object come up with your Fortune Sims.

I suspect that putting these files in the proper place will fix the issue.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 4:06 PM
Did you just replace these in TSData/Res/Wants folder?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Did you just replace these in TSData/Res/Wants folder?

Yes, I have the files Wants.package and WantTuning.package from the NewLTWEnabledEP5 set from Squinge, and according to BoilingOil who I trust that is where they should be placed. I don't know for sure that this has fixed the problem, but I expect that putting the files there should do it.

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 1:24 PM
Yes, I have the files Wants.package and WantTuning.package from the NewLTWEnabledEP5 set from Squinge, and according to BoilingOil who I trust that is where they should be placed. I don't know for sure that this has fixed the problem, but I expect that putting the files there should do it.

Ah, great, then I was on the right track with the issue. Did you test it out? Does it work?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 5:37 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 28th Apr 2017 at 5:50 PM.
Ah, great, then I was on the right track with the issue. Did you test it out? Does it work?

I am really happy that you posted that link and said that you had the same problem. I read what BoilingOil said on LeeFish and what he said made sense to me. BTW I am a member on LeeFish too.

Anyway, I am sure that it will work, but it is too soon to be sure as I need to test more. I will let you and everyone else know as soon as I am sure.

You should go ahead and put the two files Wants.package and WantTuning.package in the folder that they are supposed to go and then you can test too.

I can tell you where to put them on your Mac, first go to the Applications folder and then scroll down to The Sims 2 (btw do you have the Sims 2 Super Collection like I do?) and then right click on the app icon. You will then see a folder called Contents open that and then use this path "Contents/Home/Expansion Packs/Bon Voyage/TSData/Res/Wants" to find the proper folder. Now replace the old files there with your two new files Wants.package and WantTuning.package into the Wants folder.

Nice to meet a fellow Mac user.

Do you need any help with changing the Mac's Open File Limit? It is easier to change it than you might think and you can run into the open limit problem with out realizing it.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 10:01 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 30th Apr 2017 at 10:35 AM.
I am really happy that you posted that link and said that you had the same problem. I read what BoilingOil said on LeeFish and what he said made sense to me. BTW I am a member on LeeFish too.

Anyway, I am sure that it will work, but it is too soon to be sure as I need to test more. I will let you and everyone else know as soon as I am sure.

You should go ahead and put the two files Wants.package and WantTuning.package in the folder that they are supposed to go and then you can test too.

I can tell you where to put them on your Mac, first go to the Applications folder and then scroll down to The Sims 2 (btw do you have the Sims 2 Super Collection like I do?) and then right click on the app icon. You will then see a folder called Contents open that and then use this path "Contents/Home/Expansion Packs/Bon Voyage/TSData/Res/Wants" to find the proper folder. Now replace the old files there with your two new files Wants.package and WantTuning.package into the Wants folder.

Nice to meet a fellow Mac user.

Do you need any help with changing the Mac's Open File Limit? It is easier to change it than you might think and you can run into the open limit problem with out realizing it.

I want to point out that if you place these files in what one assumes is their proper place you then get an jump bug error when you use the Voodoo Doll and the Voodoo Doll will disappear after that one use.

Also I got these files from InSimenator and in the thread about them, New Lifetime Wants EP5, it says to place the files in the Downloads folder or in a subfolder inside the Downloads folder.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 10:29 AM
I did put the files to proper place but still got unnamed wantable object want. I think there must be another mod causing it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 1:31 PM
I did put the files to proper place but still got unnamed wantable object want. I think there must be another mod causing it.

Anna, that is too bad! I am still waiting for LordTyger to give feedback.

Did you check the load order of other hacks you might probably have, as mentioned by BO?

I moved the two wants packages in my Res folder now and will see how the game fares.

I still do remember though someone mentioning that Squinge´s mods refer to an object that was introduced into a later EP, so it gives this blank want slot. I also had the NewLTW for EP 8, so I took it out and replaced it with EP5, like LordTyger.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 8:50 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 30th Apr 2017 at 9:01 PM.
Anna, that is too bad! I am still waiting for LordTyger to give feedback.

Did you check the load order of other hacks you might probably have, as mentioned by BO?

I moved the two wants packages in my Res folder now and will see how the game fares.

I still do remember though someone mentioning that Squinge´s mods refer to an object that was introduced into a later EP, so it gives this blank want slot. I also had the NewLTW for EP 8, so I took it out and replaced it with EP5, like LordTyger.

@Rebellina and @Annaminna Well I discovered through thorough testing as well as reading Squinge's Post about New LTW EP5 that the Want files are supposed to placed in the Downloads folder or Subfolder inside the Downloads folder. http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,39837.0.html

So you should move the original Want files back to where they were {you did keep the originals I hope} and move Squinge's Modified Want files to a subfolder inside the Downloads folder. If you place these files in what one assumes is their proper place you then get an jump bug error when you use the Voodoo Doll and the Voodoo Doll will disappear after that one use, or For more details on the error go to LeeFish http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthre...tid=7830&page=2

Why you would get a jump bug error when using the Voodoo Doll, I was not able to establish, just that one does get it with only the modified Want files in the Want Folder and no Downloads folder.

@Annaminna I didn't realize there was another Mod that could be responsible for the unnamed wantable issue. Any ideas as to which Mod is your prime suspect?

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st May 2017 at 2:04 AM
I know I should have waited with switching out the files. And of course I did not keep the original want files :-) But I could probably track them down from an older backup.

I had a few Fortune Sims in my playing round just now, and none rolled a blank want. Instead, the maid became rather lazy and left after cleaning up just a little bit :-) I did not add any other mod, so this leaves me rather puzzled.

And before switching the packages, I did have the wants.packages in a subfolder in my Downloads folder for quite a while, and still got the blank want slot.

Annaminna might be right, there could be another mod that conflicts with Squinge´s mods, and Bo mentioned something similiar. I have uni_ltws_sns from MATY, I think, ltwvariety and AnyLTWforallaspirations.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st May 2017 at 4:40 AM
I know I should have waited with switching out the files. And of course I did not keep the original want files :-) But I could probably track them down from an older backup.

I had a few Fortune Sims in my playing round just now, and none rolled a blank want. Instead, the maid became rather lazy and left after cleaning up just a little bit :-) I did not add any other mod, so this leaves me rather puzzled.

And before switching the packages, I did have the wants.packages in a subfolder in my Downloads folder for quite a while, and still got the blank want slot.

Annaminna might be right, there could be another mod that conflicts with Squinge´s mods, and Bo mentioned something similiar. I have uni_ltws_sns from MATY, I think, ltwvariety and AnyLTWforallaspirations.

Well I know that you should not have both uni_ltws_sns from MATY and Squinge's Installed at the same time, BO said that they conflict as they basically do the same thing I believe. Not sure about LTWVariety or AnyLTWforallaspirations, but it is possible that they might be conflicting too. Me I don't use uni_ltws_sns from MATY or LTWVariety or AnyLTWforallaspirations.

You can get around not having just any LTW for a particualar aspiration if you do like I do. I use Numenor's VincentsSimModder.package available here at MS, because if you have it you can buy the Sim Modder and not have to use boolprop testingcheats enabled true to spawn the Sim Modder. With the Sim Modder you can change a Sim's Aspiration from one Aspiration to another Aspiration, then use it to cycle through the available LTW with that Aspiration until you get what you want and then you cn change the Sim's Aspiration to whatever they had before. I also use the Batbox from MATY to turn on the LTW acheived setting in the Wants on it, as sometimes if you change Aspirations you can lose your Platinum Motives, with the Batbox it is easy to get it back.

You can get back the original files by reinstalling the Sims 2 Super Collection, just move the app to the trash and delete it and then download a new copy from the App Store. It is very easy, I had to do it once and it was easy and simple. If you do have a backup, using the backup is probably a little easier.

What I would love to be able to do is compare MODs between the 3 of us. If me and Annaminna and you can all make a list of our mods we could share it and then look for suspects in common. What do you all think of my idea?

Mac people can't check for conflicts using the conflict detector unfortunately.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 1st May 2017 at 9:13 PM
I tried 2 days to do 50:50 ellimination but failed because they don't roll such item wants at all.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st May 2017 at 10:40 PM
I tried 2 days to do 50:50 ellimination but failed because they don't roll such item wants at all.

I will try when I find that one of my Sims has the unnamed wantable want, right now none of the Sims in my current household have it, I don't play fortune sims all of the time.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd May 2017 at 2:09 PM
You can get back the original files by reinstalling the Sims 2 Super Collection, just move the app to the trash and delete it and then download a new copy from the App Store. It is very easy, I had to do it once and it was easy and simple. If you do have a backup, using the backup is probably a little easier.

I am still using the regular Sims game, not the Super Collection.

What I would love to be able to do is compare MODs between the 3 of us. If me and Annaminna and you can all make a list of our mods we could share it and then look for suspects in common. What do you all think of my idea?

I already PMed you regarding this. If there is a way to get a list from the game, it would be fine for me to compare.

I found another interesting discussion over at Simbology

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=3186.0

And I realized, yes, indeed, uni_ltws_sns from MATY and Squinge´s NewLTWEnabled do exactly the same, like you said earlier, they both add LTWs for the Uni careers Artist, Show Biz, Natural Science, & Paranormal.

The funny thing is that never in my extensive playing did any Sim ever rolled the want to become a professional in the Uni careers. This might be related to a mod conflict, or something entirely else.

I decided to take out Squinge´s mod and restore the wants packages and see how it goes.

Other infos regarding the unnamed wantable object if found googling the term:

http://modthesims.info/t/569853
„buy unnamed wantable object category 10110> that a few of my sims have rolled is a want to buy a baby toy. „

http://fae-sims.livejournal.com/6911.html
The "unnamed wantable object" thing is nothing to worry about; just an EA screwup. One of the expansion packs--Bon Voyage, maybe?--came with a sauna and massage table, and I think those are the two objects that don't show up correctly in Sim wants. :-)

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,13725.0.html
Pescado says that using uni_ltws_sns will get rid of the blank want

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg316438

The bug appeared when FT was introduced.

„Receiving empty wants again.* Horrid.* They are:

unnamed wantable object category 10102 (+500)
unnamed wantable object category 10104 (+1000)
unnamed wantable object category 10103 (+1500)

One of these I figured out purely by accident - it ended up being the Ant Farm.

Train set is one and restorable car is the other I think“

The poster thinks that uni_ltws_sns is the reason for the issue.

So, since we as Mac users don´t have FT, this might not be the issue. I will just test the MATY mod now and see what comes up.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd May 2017 at 3:09 PM Last edited by Rebellina : 2nd May 2017 at 3:28 PM.
Ok, I just did a test round with Fortune Sim Grey Kurtin. He thought it was his lucky day, because I fulfilled around 15 wants in a row, including marrying his girlfriend, Wohoo in bed and in the new bought sauna.

Not once did the blank want show up. The interesting thing I noticed was that he rolled wants to buy a massage table and a sauna, which I don´t remember seeing before, and the want to wohoo in the sauna, which I have never seen, either.

Could it be that Squinge´s mod is simply outdated? EP 5 is Seasons, I think, and especially the massage table and the sauna are from EP 6, Bon Voyage. So whenever the Sim rolls a want to buy these things, the game with Squinge´s mod gives up and shows a blank want, because his EP5 mod does not know about these items.

This might also explain the jump bug with the Vodoo doll, LordTyger, because this was also introduced in BV.

I checked Squinge´s page, and noticed the mod was never updated to just BV:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...9e6&board=696.0

But it was updated for FT: http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...9e6&board=696.0

I think this is it. You get the blanks because there never was an update for Bon Voyage and the new items it introduced. I think I used the FT one or even the AL one, and had issues as well, because new items like the Ant Farm were introduced, which I didn´t have.

So, I guess you need to take out that mod and use MATY´s uni_ltws_sns, or find someone who is willing to mod the missing BV items into Squinge´s mod (maybe BO?).

Annaminna, which EP is your latest, and which mod from Squinge do you use?

I still need to see if uni_ltws_sns really adds these career wants to my game. Otherwise I could just take the mod out completely.

Have a picture of Grey Kurtin with all his new bought stuff. Poor thing, I took it all away after testing was finished :-)
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#18 Old 2nd May 2017 at 4:26 PM
I use NewLTWEnabledEP8 but Mansion and Gardens item wants are blank.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd May 2017 at 4:51 PM
I am still using the regular Sims game, not the Super Collection.

I already PMed you regarding this. If there is a way to get a list from the game, it would be fine for me to compare.

I found another interesting discussion over at Simbology

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=3186.0

And I realized, yes, indeed, uni_ltws_sns from MATY and Squinge´s NewLTWEnabled do exactly the same, like you said earlier, they both add LTWs for the Uni careers Artist, Show Biz, Natural Science, & Paranormal.

The funny thing is that never in my extensive playing did any Sim ever rolled the want to become a professional in the Uni careers. This might be related to a mod conflict, or something entirely else.

I decided to take out Squinge´s mod and restore the wants packages and see how it goes.

Other infos regarding the unnamed wantable object if found googling the term:

http://modthesims.info/t/569853
„buy unnamed wantable object category 10110> that a few of my sims have rolled is a want to buy a baby toy. „

http://fae-sims.livejournal.com/6911.html
The "unnamed wantable object" thing is nothing to worry about; just an EA screwup. One of the expansion packs--Bon Voyage, maybe?--came with a sauna and massage table, and I think those are the two objects that don't show up correctly in Sim wants. :-)

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,13725.0.html
Pescado says that using uni_ltws_sns will get rid of the blank want

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg316438

The bug appeared when FT was introduced.

„Receiving empty wants again.* Horrid.* They are:

unnamed wantable object category 10102 (+500)
unnamed wantable object category 10104 (+1000)
unnamed wantable object category 10103 (+1500)

One of these I figured out purely by accident - it ended up being the Ant Farm.

Train set is one and restorable car is the other I think“

The poster thinks that uni_ltws_sns is the reason for the issue.

So, since we as Mac users don´t have FT, this might not be the issue. I will just test the MATY mod now and see what comes up.

There is no easy way to generate a list in the game that I know of, what I would do is go to the Mods subfolder and Object Mods subfolder and open all of their subfolder and then use the Finder to select and then copy of them by pressing the shift key and then scrolling to the end and copying and then paste into a text file.

I did this recently and it is a long list in a text file with 13 pages, so I think if you want it you might want to have me email it to you, let me know OK?

I get my Sims to roll a want to become a professional in the Uni careers by using The Sim Modder and selecting cycle life time wants for the current aspiration {not sure of the exact name of the command but this is close}, then what happens is the Sim will roll Life Time Want from the list for their Aspiration until the Uni one that I am looking for comes up. I made a list of the LTW in order for each Aspiration so I can keep track of how many times I need to cycle through the list.

Can't be the FT bug as we don't have FT, I don't know what it is at this point, but I know it is not that.

Right now I don't have a Sim with the unnamed wantable in my current household, so I need to go through my rotation list for my households until I find another household with one or more Sims with the error and then I will do a 50/50 and try to find the reason.

Took me 4 hours to do the last 50/50 I did btw.

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd May 2017 at 9:32 AM
I use NewLTWEnabledEP8 but Mansion and Gardens item wants are blank.

I could be completely wrong, because as a Mac user I know nothing about M&G, and I am not a modder either, but I believe you have the same problem as I have with Squinge´s mod not being updated. I am not sure if M&G added new objects in Buy-Mode, but I think it did. M&G is EP9, and Squinge stopped updating his mod after EP8, AL. So every new item M&G introduced is not recognized by Squinge´s mod, and shows up as a blank want slot.

I am not 100% sure if this really is the reason, because I only tested it once. It sure needs further testing.

If I am right, you have the same options as us Mac users:

1. Live with the missing wants
2. Try Pescado´s mod
3. Find someone who adds the missing M&G items to Squinge´s mod.

Hope that helps!
Mad Poster
#21 Old 3rd May 2017 at 4:04 PM
There are actually 6 items in 2 new category from M&G.
3 items from category "ceiling fans" and 3 items from category "green energy source" All found in Decorative/ Misc.
I think update from EP8 to EP9 is much easier than from EP5 to EP6.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd May 2017 at 7:26 PM
I could be completely wrong, because as a Mac user I know nothing about M&G, and I am not a modder either, but I believe you have the same problem as I have with Squinge´s mod not being updated. I am not sure if M&G added new objects in Buy-Mode, but I think it did. M&G is EP9, and Squinge stopped updating his mod after EP8, AL. So every new item M&G introduced is not recognized by Squinge´s mod, and shows up as a blank want slot.

I am not 100% sure if this really is the reason, because I only tested it once. It sure needs further testing.

If I am right, you have the same options as us Mac users:

1. Live with the missing wants
2. Try Pescado´s mod
3. Find someone who adds the missing M&G items to Squinge´s mod.

Hope that helps!

I might see if I can find Pescado's Mod on MATY and then try that one, otherwise I will just put up with the unnamed wantable problem it is only on Fortune Sims and I don't play all that many of them, the vast majority of my Sims are Popularity Sims.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 4th May 2017 at 10:17 AM
There are actually 6 items in 2 new category from M&G.
3 items from category "ceiling fans" and 3 items from category "green energy source" All found in Decorative/ Misc.

Hi Annaminna, that seems to prove my point. New objects were introduced, and since Squinge´s mod was never updated for these, you get the blank want slots.

I think update from EP8 to EP9 is much easier than from EP5 to EP6.

Sorry; I don´t understand this sentence :-)
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 4th May 2017 at 10:22 AM
I might see if I can find Pescado's Mod on MATY and then try that one, otherwise I will just put up with the unnamed wantable problem it is only on Fortune Sims and I don't play all that many of them, the vast majority of my Sims are Popularity Sims.

Pescado´s mod "uni_ltws_sns" is here. For others looking for it, make sure to look under your latest EP.

I am a little torn between leaving Squinge´s mod in and taking it out. The blank want slot did bother me. Now that I took it out, it is nice that the more boring Fortune Sims have more wants available. I still have to see a new LTW pop up, though.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 5th May 2017 at 5:31 AM
Pescado´s mod "uni_ltws_sns" is here. For others looking for it, make sure to look under your latest EP.

I am a little torn between leaving Squinge´s mod in and taking it out. The blank want slot did bother me. Now that I took it out, it is nice that the more boring Fortune Sims have more wants available. I still have to see a new LTW pop up, though.

When you have Squinge's MOD installed without ltwvariety.package or something else that changes the Life Time Wants in some way, you can cycle through the Life Time Wants for each Aspiration. The new Life Time Wants are in Fortune, Popularity, and Knowledge. Just use something like the Sim Modder or the Batbox or whatever you like that cycles through the Life Time Wants.

I mostly play popularity Sims, with some Fortune Sims, and a few Family Sims, with the occaisional Knowledge Sim. I have been checking my Fortune Sims for the unnamed wantable, but I haven't found any lately.