Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 2:30 PM
Default Odd framerate issues while in game
Hi, I'm not entirely sure if this is where I should be posting but I'm giving it a try either way.

So I installed sims 2 ultimate collection again after a long while. I have a new gaming pc I was convinced could handle the game no problem; we're talking GTX 1080 and a Kaby lake core so bottlenecking should not be an issue. I boot up the game, it has framerate issues. I disable all but one core, it has framerate issues. I deck the game with CC, still the same framerate issues, they didn't get any worse. However, when I go in windowed mode and let the game run in the background while I click on an another window, the framerate jumps back up to 60. Then it drops back down to 20 immediately when I go back to playing the game.

... There has to be a solution to this, right? I probably should've just reinstalled my sims 3 disks...