Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 10:58 PM
Default Things that confuse you about the Sims universe
Exactly as it says in the thread title. I have two, off-hand:

Why are all the drama professors lecherous? Why specifically drama professors? Is this some reference to Americana that, as a Canadian, I simply don't understand?

When a Sim dies of old age, the insurance company pays out a token amount to family and friends. But, if they lived alone, what happened to the rest of the money? Did the Grim Reaper take it? Gravestone expenses? And why does the insurance only cover deaths from old age?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 11:04 PM
There was a mention of it in a different thread not so long ago, but I think it’s fitting here – why did Maxis set sims’ bladders to yellow when you start the game, for party guests, average visitors and walkbies? I really don’t get it. Is it really fun for them to watch sims swarm the bathroom or have an accident on themselves? That just doesn’t make sense. It’s good that there is a mod to stop that because it’s nothing other than an annoyance.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Forum Resident
#3 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 11:07 PM
Why does the NPC wolves not get new names? I am tired of alabama and felix >_> And kim. Don't forget dirty Kim.
There must be more wolves in the pack, so where are they?

I build small houses *^*
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 11:08 PM
Why can't a Sim put an unwanted child up for adoption (as you can with pets) rather than have to neglect it to be taken away?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 11:15 PM
OnayaW, because your name randomizer is stuck. The randomizers aren't truly random because programmers hate randomness - it makes troubleshooting difficult or impossible. So they created randomizers that aren't precisely, that mimic randomness but always start at the same point. Just rename your wolves.

Ihate, the drama professors like creating Drama, that's all. I think this tells us something about some decision-maker's sense of humor. I don't think there is a "rest of the money" for insurance; I think family and friends get amounts based on some formula having to do with their relationship to the deceased and the amount of household funds at the time of death. You'd have to ask a programmer the reasoning behind it only paying off for old age. Maybe the developers didn't want to encourage players to create serial murderers or familicides.

What confuses me is where the school is located, that lets the lowest-numbered kids keep coming home from school day after day, regardless of where the kid they're coming home with lives! I understand how it works mechanically, and why, but it sure does make me jump through hoops to explain sometimes in story terms.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 11:35 PM
Sims have x-ray vision.
How they can see what is behind closed doors? No one told them. And at the same time they don't notice clearly visible things...
Scholar
#7 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 12:00 AM
Why are Sims so stumped at finding a way around a teddy bear on the floor, when clearly there's space on either side of it! As well, they could lift their legs up to cross over the toy, are they just not into flexing their leg muscles or what?!?!

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Alchemist
#8 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 12:15 AM
Why is it romantic to get hit with food?
Why do Sims who don't want to get engaged get overjoyed when proposed to?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 12:27 AM
How do they get that floor mop up their butt?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
Why are Sims so stumped at finding a way around a teddy bear on the floor, when clearly there's space on either side of it! As well, they could lift their legs up to cross over the toy, are they just not into flexing their leg muscles or what?!?!

Did you notice they will always find right way out of labyrinth from first try?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 1:41 AM
Try making the labyrinth out of teddy bears. Maybe that will make it more difficult for them.
Instructor
#12 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 1:44 AM
How can sims use the toilet without taking their pants off?
Meet Me In My Next Life
#13 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 2:39 AM
It's a game it's a game and if the creators of the Sims made interactions and animations that is kind of silly.
And since the game seem to be basic off of the real world we live in, then maybe we in the real world are just plain off our rocket. ( crazy ) So maybe the Sims creators at Maxis are just plain crazy, so our Sims are silly crazy.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Forum Resident
#14 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 2:44 AM
why are the pools so deep?! how come all the sims just knoooow how to swim?!
Scholar
#15 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Did you notice they will always find right way out of labyrinth from first try?
Wow, I wonder how these Sims can be so intuitive! They're great navigators, 'tis all I can say. They should be sent to NASA, they'll be able to pilot that rocket ship without problem to Pluto!

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:10 AM
As long as there are not too many teddy bears in space...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Link Ninja
#17 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:18 AM
Speaking of teddy bears, why are adults always trying to use them to 'talk through to' other sims? Get a therapist!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#18 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:25 AM
How do they fit 2 Smoogo Minimas, a truck, 3 Snapdragons and a pinball machine in their pocket?
Field Researcher
#19 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
What confuses me is where the school is located, that lets the lowest-numbered kids keep coming home from school day after day, regardless of where the kid they're coming home with lives! I understand how it works mechanically, and why, but it sure does make me jump through hoops to explain sometimes in story terms.

I love TwoJeffs' "School bus - bring friend dialog" mod because it fixes this. It prioritizes playable sims and makes it more random who will come home, as well as giving the option to decline. I wasn't keen on the random vacation tourist kid who somehow traveled all the way to Pleasantview every day always being brought home by my sim kids either. XD

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PanAm103
How do they fit 2 Smoogo Minimas, a truck, 3 Snapdragons and a pinball machine in their pocket?

using the same magic every other character with an inventory can, of course!
potions, armor, three broadswords, a giant hunk of meat, and several monster drops can all fit in your common rpg character inventory )
Mad Poster
#21 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:43 AM
Nah, cars are in (invisible) backpack, mop, rake and other ironware are in pocket.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rielynn71
I love TwoJeffs' "School bus - bring friend dialog" mod because it fixes this. It prioritizes playable sims and makes it more random who will come home, as well as giving the option to decline. I wasn't keen on the random vacation tourist kid who somehow traveled all the way to Pleasantview every day always being brought home by my sim kids either. XD

Even with that, I keep bringing home the same sims over and over. It's made Mary Ann Hawkins the most popular girl in Drama Acres.

I don't always have to accept, but I don't get offered alternates - it's all or nothing. And I like Mary Ann. But it'd be nice if somebody else'd get a chance once in awhile.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#24 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:55 AM Last edited by Annaminna : 17th Apr 2017 at 4:07 AM.
How come that totally stranger comes into my house, starts watch TV, uses my toilet, eats my food and leaves late night because I didn't give him sleep....

Also their food has no gravity, it don't drop from plate on any position.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 10:28 AM
When sloppy sims eat, the food goes flying all over the room but there's never any mess anywhere except on the stove and counter where the food is prepared.
Page 1 of 5