Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#901 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starglow13
The household is full though, am I allowed to take advantage of my mods and allow more than eight sims? I have woohooer and portrait panel and I kinda want to use them

Quote: Originally posted by megmog151515
I feel like that might be considered cheating, but just out of curiosity, how DO you have more than eight sims? I have portrait panel and still can't figure it out >.<

I believe you can use any mod for more Sims in your household. It's what I do, anyway. Although I do recommend not letting the # of sims in your household get too high.. things start to get extremely difficult to manage once you hit the 20+ mark.
It's under the MC options, although you'll need Portrait Panel to use it best.
Master Controller > Settings > Allow More Than 8 Sims Per Household >True.
Advertisement
#902 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 10:49 PM
I havent updated in forever! I got bored of it for a few days but im back at it again!
First off, Xavier grew into a child!
This is him playing.

After finding out he got on the honor roll, we got robbed! Funny thing is, Ezekiel didnt seem to mind, as it was his best friend from work.. Haha that conversation between him and Winter was awkward.

Ezekiel went next door to visit his mother for (sadly) the last time. She pasted on later that day. At least he got to say his goodbyes.

Xavier was on the honor roll for 3 days which meant it was time for him to age again!

Winter and Ezekiel once again had an awful fight after Ezekiel was caught at work and arrested. (NOT FUN)

On the plus side, Xavier met his girlfriend, Raeanne Beboop. (lmao what a great last name)

I hope that my 4th gen. heir is a girl. For real. Like how many hairstyles can I give a male heir before two of them look the exact same!
#903 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 12:22 AM
Update:
My family tree won't open. I try to click on it but it won't open. Pissing me off because I have no idea what my family is up to. BLAH. Anyone know how to fix it?
Instructor
#904 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PerfectGeneticsKarsonFam
Update:
My family tree won't open. I try to click on it but it won't open. Pissing me off because I have no idea what my family is up to. BLAH. Anyone know how to fix it?

This problem has been around for years. Not sure if any fixes were ever found. Have you tried moving the household? That usually resets many bugs in the game.
#905 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 9:45 PM Last edited by PerfectGeneticsKarsonFam : 10th Feb 2015 at 10:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
This problem has been around for years. Not sure if any fixes were ever found. Have you tried moving the household? That usually resets many bugs in the game.

Nevermind! I installed a master controller mod and its working fine
Lab Assistant
#906 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 10:32 PM
[IMG][/IMG]
So Cody (Sky's Husband) wanted another Child so I let them get another child.. turned out to give 2 more also... the triplet pair of girls! 2 are vampires.. and oh yeah Cody is a vampire now. This is Emily she's the human out of the triplets! and you could see she got the eyes.
[IMG][/IMG]
This is what Arianna would look like if she was a human..
[IMG][/IMG]
as you could see, she got the hair and eyes. but to bad Mark was already chosen. this is Arianna as a vampire
[IMG][/IMG]
And last but not least we have Vanessa, the last kid of Sky Evergreen. she has the eyes.

and of course I just had to make this to show them all at toddler age.
[IMG][/IMG]

Nobody might see what I see in you, but all I want you to know is your special, to special for words sometimes.
Test Subject
#907 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 11:12 PM
This is a good challenge and so many people are so good at it. I just know I wouldn't be able to take care of that many kids unless I had to.

Hello, This is your resident me! I am awesome, like the awesome Prussia!
Test Subject
#908 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 11:15 PM
It took me nearly a year (mostly because I was using a really old computer that insisted on A) not letting me save B) suddenly shutting sims down C) suddenly shutting itself off) but I'm finally done with this challenge! At least I think I am, because after 6 generations or so the game stopped aging anyone and I had to move to a new town to make them start aging again, therefore losing most of the family tree. And then again a few generations later the family tree stopped working for the older generations, but I'm pretty sure I made it to the 11th generation, or at least the 10th before giving my lovely family up and deleting the whole mess. Sadly I didn't take much pictures during this challenge, something I'll be sure to do the next time I do a challenge like this one!
Test Subject
#909 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 11:23 PM
Here's a pic of one of my heirs (I really liked the way I styled her as a teen). My perfect genetics were vibrant red hair and eyes.

And a pic of one of my male heir's wife, who was very pretty:

Instructor
#910 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 7:12 PM
I think I'll mix this With the ISBI Challenge should be fun or utter chaos
Lab Assistant
#911 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 9:24 PM
[IMG][/IMG]
Mark was last a toddler I think? I aged him up alot (with his siblings) today because I hate waiting.. right now he's living with his younger sisters, his mom and 3 new people! anyways.. his dad Cody died and as you could see, his ghost body is in this picture of Sky crying
[IMG][/IMG]
Vinny got married before Mark
[IMG][/IMG]
Mark got married to his wonderful wife Ariana! (I wanted two Arianna's okay, and plus I gave Mark a choice with another girl also)
[IMG][/IMG]
and the first kids of Generation 2 have been born! Twins, Marcus and Sandra. Marcus has nothing..
[IMG][/IMG]
and Sandra has Hair
[IMG][/IMG]
Dayum the family has all kinds of blue eyes.

Nobody might see what I see in you, but all I want you to know is your special, to special for words sometimes.
Test Subject
#912 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 10:40 PM
So I bit the bullet and started playing this challenge.

Meet Amaranth Pink!

[IMG]Screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]Screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]

He's currently single, though I did have him start talking to Claire Ursine.

[IMG]Screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]

This may be a poor choice, since she's an adult already; Agnes Crumplebottom's ran off somewhere, so once I locate her, I may have Amaranth start talking to her instead.

For posterity: heirs are pink hair, pink eyes, and pink skin.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#913 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 12:31 AM
So I opened the file up again.

Amaranth decided against Claire and went home, then went to work as a musician.

After getting out of practice at 10 PM, he saw Madison VanWatson on a bench, and I decided that she was good enough for right now.

[IMG]Screenshot-4.jpg[/IMG]

They chatted for a while, and then I realized that I had, in fact, made Amaranth a very short Sim.

[IMG]Screenshot-5.jpg[/IMG]

Like, look how short he is. I swear to God I didn't even touch the height slider.

[IMG]Screenshot-8.jpg[/IMG]

Although I guess constant neck kissing is one definition of a Great Kisser. I think I'll throw Amaranth a bone here and insist that the heirs are as tall as he is, too. (Which does necessitate a bit of waiting around until they're YA and comparing...but he's a man, his reproductive capacity won't decrease until Grim comes to collect him.)

Anyways, there was a very quick change from "Friend" to "Romantic Interest" to "Girlfriend" to "Wife."

[IMG]Screenshot-12.jpg[/IMG]

And, shortly after this, the Pinks went home and this happened...

[IMG]Screenshot-14.jpg[/IMG]

Hopefully we get a perfect heir right off the bat, even though that's a 10% chance.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#914 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 2:44 AM
And Madison VanWatson, if you play enough kids' music, turns out to be remarkably fertile.

Pregnancy #1 resulted in Baby, Baker-Miller, and Barbie Pink, fraternal male triplets. Thanks to SimmerRho's Infinite Rainbow skin, none of them are the heirs. Here are pictures of them as babies.

[IMG]Baby Pink[/IMG]
Baby Pink: Pink hair, hazel eyes, yellow skin. Not an heir.

[IMG]Baker-Miller Pink[/IMG]
Baker-Miller Pink: Pink hair, pink eyes, red skin. Not an heir.

[IMG]Barbie Pink[/IMG]
Barbie Pink: Yellow hair, hazel eyes, Madison's skin. Not an heir.

Pregnancy #2 resulted in Bright, Brink, and Cameo Pink, another set of fraternal triplets, though Bright and Cameo are girls. Again, three babies, no heirs. Pictures to follow.

[IMG]Bright Pink[/IMG]
Bright Pink: Pink hair, Madison's skin. Eyes indeterminate.

[IMG]Brink Pink[/IMG]
Brink Pink: Yellow hair, yellow skin. Eyes indeterminate.

[IMG]Cameo Pink[/IMG]
Cameo Pink: Yellow hair, Madison's skin. Eyes indeterminate.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#915 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 7:20 PM
I'm not going to post on here with pictures and stuff until I get my heir, they've had 12 kids so far and it's stressing me out! Lots of aging up, moving out and woohoo at the moment.
Test Subject
#916 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 10:17 PM
I finally got my heir! Or should I say heirs?

Christie had triplets and two of them had the perfect genetics. I picked John to be the heir because he's so cute! And spent all of Christie and Parker's Lifetime Happiness Points on Inheritance so we have money to move! I'm going to move John when he's older.

(That might be his identical brother is a child, just noticed the nose looks like Jesse's and not John's)
Lab Assistant
#917 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 1:25 AM
[IMG][/IMG]
Last where we left off, Sandra and Marcus the twins were born, well now triplets have been born and one is the special one.
[IMG][/IMG]

Now shall we meet Robin?
[IMG][/IMG]
Robin has the hair as you could see.. shall we meet the last child John?
[IMG][/IMG]
And the heiress of Generation 3, baby 4/5 Meredith Evergreen
[IMG][/IMG]

Lab Assistant
#918 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 2:30 AM
Default 1Oth GENERATION!!!! FINALLY
Hello all! I took a break for awhile but recently went back to the Hemingway family...and got to my tenth heir!

Get ready for pictures...

Last you heard from me, my seventh generation heir, Galia Hemingway was popping out as many babies as possible even after the birth of her heir, Hendrix Hemingway. Turns out she ended up popping out 24 kids total, heir Hendrix was #12. After that I was hoping for an easier 9th generation. Hendrix had five kids, three of whom had his genes, twins Ilyria and Igor, and their little sister Igraine, pictured below with their dad. Ilyria was about 1 second older than her twin brother so I made the executive decision to name her heir.

From left to right, Igraine, Ilyria (heir), Hendrix, and Igor.

I was crossing my fingers for an easy tenth generation but such was not to be. Ilyria's first husband died before giving her an heir (not for lack of trying). Her second husband gave her an heir just in the nick of time. 11 Kids later Ilyria had an heir, Josie Hemingway! Sadly Ilyria suffered an early death as an elder due to fire department ineptitude.

ANYWAY...we have a tenth generation heir! Here's Josie Hemingway, and some snaps of the family cemetery!

The Hemingway Family Cemetery, minus the graves of the mysterious insular eight vampires in the seventh generation...I wonder what they're up to?

And last but not least...here she is:

10th Generation Heir, Josie Hemingway.

Will she choose to continue the family tradition? Or will she consider herself free from the restrictions of her ancestors?
Lab Assistant
#919 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 11:34 AM
Aren't they cute? They're pretending to be innocent... Aren't they good actresses?

So my game produced my first ever set of Quads.... If it does it again there will be bloodshed.

Anyway my Perfect Genetics were Blue Hair and Pink eyes. Mina was the only one that completely took after dad, Will who was named after her dad had his eyes as did Evie. Eve however had PG, and was actually named after her Mum (Green Shorts). Mum is currently pregnant for the second time, hopefully I'll get a back up heir, just in case. Last time I tried to play this my game took pleasure in killing off my heirs, so with mum almost an Elder if I don't get a back up heir off of her, my only heir will be living in a padded room.

If I kick out the non-heirs would giving them Dislikes Children stop them having kids? I have to play on small worlds to stop lag I don't want my family overpopulating the world..

"Fear is only in our minds. But it takes over all the time."
#920 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 7:29 PM
What if you have an heir that's a boy but you want a girl heir. Could you make the boy not an heir and the girl the heir instead? Or would you have to keep the boy
Instructor
#921 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PerfectGeneticsKarsonFam
What if you have an heir that's a boy but you want a girl heir. Could you make the boy not an heir and the girl the heir instead? Or would you have to keep the boy

Generally it doesn't matter if they're the first born or fifth born with the perfect genetics - as long as the child has the perfect genetics, he/she can be the heir. Although some people do play with the rule that the first born with perfect genetics has to be the heir, it's an optional rule, certainly not something you have to play by.
Lab Assistant
#922 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 9:44 PM
[IMG][/IMG]
Guess who's crying because his mom died?
[IMG][/IMG]
Guess who got caught from work and went to jail?
[IMG][/IMG]
Guess who broke up with his wife?
[IMG][/IMG]
so... Meredith aged into a child..
[IMG][/IMG]
and had some troubles with inventing...
[IMG][/IMG]
John and Robin aged also! because why not aged her brothers that she was born with? This is Robin
[IMG][/IMG]
and John:
[IMG][/IMG]
Meredith made the miner thing while inventing so I just had to try it out.. (never used it for some reason)
[IMG][/IMG]
I never has a sim fail in school, they always got on honour roll (But im making her fail)
[IMG][/IMG]
and our heir wall is getting bigger (I kept a wall of Sky and Mark as young adults)
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Test Subject
#923 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 11:30 PM
I love how active everyone on this forum has been as of late especially since y'all could be playing the sims 4 (if you have it), but instead, you preserve the wonderfulness of the sims 3...
So, Aaron aged up into an elder! How sad I had him retire to help out more at home.

A couple days later, Wrenne gave birth! She had a baby girl named Lyana who has the excitable and evil traits (totally jinxed myself when I said I hadn't gotten bad traits), another baby girl named Lori who has the clumsy and insane trait (again, jinxed myself), and (yes, a third one!) a baby boy named Alek with the genius and loves the heat traits. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME IN MY SIMS 3 EXPERIENCE THAT I'VE /EVER/ HAD TRIPLETS, and I've been playing since 2009. So yep, I was pretty excited.
At any rate, I decided to age them up right away since we're really low on time; Wrenne's going to age into an elder really soon! Lyana went first:

While she did get the red eyes, her hair is black...which is really weird, considering Aaron's is brown and Wrenne's is a reddish orange color. I find the dark hair and red eyes fitting with Lyana's traits though, since one of them is evil
Next toddler: Lori!

Me: *sees hair* *screams* *sees eyes* *screams*
We were so close again...but of course, Aaron's green eyes... Praying Alek is the heir:

My game just loves to screw with me. Blonde hair. Blonde hair?! This is a disaster...
Wrenne is aging into an elder TOMORROW and our household is full with six toddlers. I can't figure out how to allow more than eight sims into one's household using master controller (I enabled more the option to have more than eight sims in a household, but whenever I try to get Wrenne pregnant, it says our household is full).
So, of course, after a long week or so of thinking about what I was to do (I don't have Generations, so I can't use a young again potion), an idea popped into my head...there's still hope for Wrenne.
I'll let you guys know what I decided to do in the next update
#924 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 6:13 PM
I have decided that every weekend I will post one looong update of everything that has happened in the family from the week!
Test Subject
#925 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 8:50 PM
This looks interesting! I might try it out!
Page 37 of 46