Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 11:32 PM
Default CC for elders and rainboots
I am after a whole lot of elder decrapifying CC. I use to have some on an older computer but most of that has gone.

I am after hair that is still coloured, and hair coloured with grey in it. Salt and pepper they call it. No old straw textures, preferably pooklet or in-between pooklet-Remi. Short styles mostly.

Eyebrows that are coloured, and coloured with grey.

Light face powder for males that doesn't look like make-up. I find male elder faces get this sallow look and I want something to lift it.

Elder male facial hair that is coloured, and coloured with grey.

Clothes for elders on the adult body or modified elder body.

Also, I am after gumboots/wellingtons/rain boots as accessories. Male and female.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 1:32 AM
Esotheria-Sims has three graying hairs 1 / 2 / 3. GoS has also had elders theme twice, maybe you'll find something useful from those?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 11:23 PM
Thanks foxmanic, I will try those hairs.

Anyone know of more, especially the other things? Eyebrows, facial hair, powder. I love GOS for clothes, but none of the other areas got made for their elder themes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 1:22 AM
@joandsarah77 You should Check out creator billielith she did a collection of hair with grey in it including eyebrows and facial hair here http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=472876 and here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=606990 she introduce a new age group not too young or too old more in- between I use it myself and really like it.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 2:32 AM
Thanks Simonut, I will give them a go. I had a feeling I tried them some years ago and the colours didn't show up or something. Maybe I grabbed the wrong file. Worth a second go.

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 6:06 AM
Simonut, Unfortunately they are not for elders. :/

If anyone knows of normal coloured hair or greying short hair for elders, not adults. It can be in the custom bin, I don't care about that.

Bumping since this is now at the bottom of page 2.

I am still after rainboots and face powder designed for males as well

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 10:41 AM
I think you can edit the salt'n'pepper hairs to work for elders if you find any for adults (and as long as you know how to find the PropertySet resource in SimPE).

Set the age+gender lines in the Elder PropertySet (age 10) to 0. Then change the age in the adult one (age 8) to 18. This should do the trick, and I don't think this will influence the YA hair. This makes both adults and elders have the salt'n'pepper hair.

If you only want elders to have salt'n'pepper, set the YA hair (age 40) to 48, the adult hair to 10, and the elder hair (age/gender) to 0. For an option of fully grey you'd need another fully grey recolor to switch to.

(In theory this should work fine for YA and adult, but I'm a tiny bit unsure how the elder hair will react - I think it should work fine, though. Just be sure to work on a copy of the hair file and not the original while you're testing it. You may also not want to recolor from that file since that'll take away the elder resources).

I think you may be able to do the same with beards and eyebrows, just switching up the ages.
--

Clothes for elders on the adult body is easy. Find some you like, and set the age to "18", or "58" for YA too. (basically 8 for adult, 40 for YA, 10 for elder, and ad them up the way you like). Can be done in the Wardrobe Wrangler, too.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 12:02 PM
Yes, I know the property set I have changed clothes there. billielith (part of her upload linked above by Simonut) said she tried changing 0x00000008 for 0x00000018 and it didn't work. http://modthesims.info/download.php...=1&goto=newpost Perhaps she didn't do the other part.
Quote:
Set the age+gender lines in the Elder PropertySet (age 10) to 0.
Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 12:57 PM
If there are two property sets that compete, one of them may lose out, so make sure only one decides the age (one with 18 and one for 10, for instance - the game just picks one, usually the wrong one).

Makeup, eyebrows, etc. may have two PropertySet resouces, so make sure you change them for both genders (Gender: 1=female, 2=male, 3=unisex)

To deactivate a PropertySet resource, make sure both the age and gender is set to 0.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 10:51 PM
Hi Jo, it's weird to talk to you here I found a couple of options when I was looking for accessory shoes/clothing finds for my site here, here and on MTS. However, these are still the best wellies in my opinion, they are not an accessory sadly.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 11:16 PM
Hi Aileen. Thank you for the link to the yellow wellies, but I think that domain has expired, not that I can read... French? Being able to see a boot mesh accessory file might help me work out some stuff about how they are made though.

@simsample since you posted a comment on where the mesh could be found in May this year, would you happen to have it? http://modthesims.info/download.php...=1&goto=newpost

That one site, the 'rain' boots look like ugg boots to me!

I will download those hunter boots off the Asian site because they look waterproof and I'll see what I can see since there is no info given. You're pretty good at finding stuff!

The last one I have, ladies jeans. Nice jeans but yeah, not boots. I'm after boots for my farmers and fishermen so the hunter boots might be the best anyway.

Thank you :lovestruc

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 11:24 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 31st Oct 2018 at 11:39 PM.
Sorry to double post but hails do not work when edited in.

@simmer22
Edit:Oh I wasn't looking at elder. Still, can you tell me what the 40 means? is it a combined age range?

Only one in this combines file shows as 18, the others show up as 1

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#13 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 11:27 PM
I'm sure I just use the colour option in CAS and change the colour, I don't like totally white either, I use the highlight option for the greys. Now I need to check to see if I'm right, but all the hair I use for my sims is CC.

Oh and I got loads of elder stuff, boots, coats, etc on TSR
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 11:35 PM
Most hairs show up grey or white. Mostly unsuitable anime hair. I don't want grey I want normal coloured hair with or without some grey. If you have some can you toss in a link? I do not want hair that only shows up in black. I found a few that do that too, nor do I want old straw texture or just black. That confuses me as well, why someone would only make black. My first two sims who just turned elder have red hair.

Sure, toss in a link. T$R is bearable now that I have a redirector.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 11:38 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 1st Nov 2018 at 12:55 PM.
Jo, 40 is the YA age

BU=20...PU=1...CU=2...TF/TM=4...YA=40...AF/M=8...EF/M=10.
(0=hide)
All ages together is 7F (5F without baby).
(Not something you need to know, but sicne these are Hex numbers, the F comes from the 8 and the 7 in 1+2+4, and 8+7 in Hex is F --- just saying, because there are some items that have all the ages included, and for some people it's a bit confusing when there's suddenly a letter out of nowhere).

(0= hide)

This is always true for all CAS files. If you see either weird numbers in the "age" category, or other numbers than the above, it's because these numbers add up (in Hex) without interfering with each other, so you can have any age combo you want. That's for instance why no single age is set as 3, because that would interfere with CU and PU. It's also why it's fully possible to have weird combos like CU and AF/M, because 2+8 is A in Hex, not 10. Weirdly enough, 2+10 would be 12 in Hex (but 18 i Decimal, so it's a little confusing). As long as you're only adding numbers that go up to 9, you don't have to worry about the letters, though.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 11:40 PM
Okay so more confusion, they show as 1,2 and 4 as well.

I will take a picture because its some kind of combined file.

Ahh that would be the gender even though I am looking at age?

What I want is for this salt and pepper hair to show up for males, adult and elder. Deff not YA.

So if 40 means YA why is that showing on the gender line?

Okay, I'm a dope, I grabbed the wrong file so that isn't helping. I have some female adult to elder hair also from MTS and that folder is directly under this one.

So with hair, do I want to use the unbinned or the binned? I am thinking unbinned?

I'll be back later, it's nearly 9am.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 12:15 AM
@joandsarah77, I edited the post above, possibly just before you posted.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#18 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 12:16 AM
joandsarah77 Not sure if these will work for you, scroll way down there are men rain boots, and I hate sending you over there at TSR but here it goes https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...arch/rainboots/

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 3:42 AM
@simmer22 that is all a little too much for me to take in, I am quite confused. I only need this hair to work for adult and elder males, nobody else. Do I need 18 on age and 0 on gender? Or are you now saying gender should be 2? Also, is this best done on unbinned hair or does it not matter?

@Simonut thankyou but those are outfits; shorts with boots, and corsets with boots, not accessories. I don't need outfits but accessory boots, normally found under glasses.

~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#20 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
since you posted a comment on where the mesh could be found in May this year, would you happen to have it? http://modthesims.info/download.php...=1&goto=newpost

They are available on the web archive:
https://web.archive.org/web/2007030...essorymesh2.htm
Also here:
https://simfileshare.net/download/807887/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 5:04 AM
Thanks for the link.

Also with the hair changing, Gina has come up with another easier method. Only it started to storm so she had to leave, but she did one and showed me a picture, she simply moved over a texture.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#22 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 10:02 AM
I don't see any expired domains there. Which one is that? @joandsarah77
Mad Poster
#23 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@simmer22 that is all a little too much for me to take in, I am quite confused. I only need this hair to work for adult and elder males, nobody else. Do I need 18 on age and 0 on gender? Or are you now saying gender should be 2? Also, is this best done on unbinned hair or does it not matter?

(0x00000008 = 8, you don't need to write all the 0's).

Example 1:
* The hair has normal colors up to YA. Then it changes to salt'n'pepper for adults. Elders go grey.
* Instead, you want adults to have normal hair color, only elders to have S&P hair, and no one goes grey.
- Find the PropertySet that says 8 in the Age line. Change this to 10. Don't change the gender. (sets the S&P for Elders)
- Find the propertyset that says 40. Change this to 48. Don't change the gender. (Makes YA & A share the regular color)
- Find the propertyset that says 10. Change this to 0. Change gender to 0. (hides the grey for elders)

Example 2:
* Same hair as above
* Instead, you want adults and elders to have S&P hair, and no one goes grey.
- Find the PropertySet that says 8 in the Age line. Change this to 18. Don't change the gender. (sets the S&P for Adult and Elders)
- Find the propertyset that says 10. Change this to 0. Change gender to 0. (hides the grey for elders)

Should work on binned hairs, as long as all colors keep their elder stage. Some familied hairs share the grey stage for elders, so this might not work on those.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 10:59 AM
Well we will be doing the texture method that Gina plans to show me tomorrow. She says this is easier and I know it works. (picture added)

I will be taking notes of what you said though. Once the hair is done I will look at the beards and eyebrows.
it's this 0 business that has me confused. I know males are a 2. I tried 18 on age and 0 on gender and the hair disappeared for both. Bilith already tried 18 though without touching anything else and she said it didn't work.

For elders, I mostly want S&P for young elder while still having grey/white for older elders. I want my sims to age with a bit more grace then looking 23 one day and 75 the next. I would like some sp for adults too.

@Aileena The yellow boots, Simsample linked me to it on the wayback machine.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#25 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 12:43 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 1st Nov 2018 at 12:53 PM.
0 for gender and age hides the item
There's only 4 settings for the gender you need to worry about (0 for hide, 1 for female, 2 for male, 3 for unisex).

See post #15 for the various ages.

The less messy way of fixing the hairs is to just make new recolors and switch around the textures. More time-consuming, though.

You can also switch around the textures in SimPE by copying the name of the textures you want to switch around into the proper TXMTs, but while this is relatively easy to do (if you're somewhat familiar with the structure in hair recolor files) it's also easy to get it wrong - but as long as you don't delete anything, fixing is possible.