Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 12:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default MacOS Mojave and sims 2 super collection
Hey everyone.

I'm currently thinking about upgrading to MacOS Mojave. Earlier I've read that MacOS in it's future upgrades won't support 32-bit apps, which Sims 2 Supper collection is, but as far as I've read Mojave still supports 32-bit.

Are there any known issues with sims 2 and upgrading to MacOS Mojave? And do you know, whether Aspyr is planning to upgrade sims 2 super collection to 64-bit?

Thanks
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlinaDK
Hey everyone.

I'm currently thinking about upgrading to MacOS Mojave. Earlier I've read that MacOS in it's future upgrades won't support 32-bit apps, which Sims 2 Supper collection is, but as far as I've read Mojave still supports 32-bit.

Are there any known issues with sims 2 and upgrading to MacOS Mojave? And do you know, whether Aspyr is planning to upgrade sims 2 super collection to 64-bit?

Thanks

If you are already using an OS X/ MacOS version newer than El Capitan {10.11.6}, you already have the problem. The problem in question has to do with how this one skin tone does not work with face skin tones, They look different. If are using a newer version than El Capitan and you have not noticed or don't care that much about the issue. Then there are no New issues that I know of.

Chances are good that Aspyr will do an update to The Sims 2: Super Collection as to make it a 64bit app, this is because the game is one of the Best Sellers in the App Store. So Aspyr does have incentive to do the update, but they have not yet promised.

So just don't upgrade to a version past Mojave as long as you want to play The Sims 2: Super Collection, unless you were planning on having a second disk or partition with a 32 bit OS on it to boot from.

Me I have El Capitan {10.11.6} and I intend to stick with it until I know the status of The Sims 2: Super Collection, and The Sims 2 Castaway Stories, and SimCityâ„¢4 Deluxe Edition, if all of them are not upgraded I plan to just stick with what I have.
Because I am curious what version are you running now?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 10:15 PM
Slight correction to the above: the issue with the mismatched skintone begins at High Sierra (10.13). It doesn’t occur on Sierra (10.12), though there are some other minor graphics glitches on the 2017 iMacs/Macbook Pros which I believe are related to the graphics cards in them rather than Sierra itself. I don’t think anybody’s reported yet whether Mojave magically fixes any of those issues (unlikely, but not impossible.)

I’m running the game on El Capitan and Sierra machines. I hope that eventually Aspyr will come out with a 64-bit version of the game that fixes the graphics glitches, but if not I’ll keep either a machine or a bootable partition running Sierra.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
If you are already using an OS X/ MacOS version newer than El Capitan {10.11.6}, you already have the problem. The problem in question has to do with how this one skin tone does not work with face skin tones, They look different. If are using a newer version than El Capitan and you have not noticed or don't care that much about the issue. Then there are no New issues that I know of.

Chances are good that Aspyr will do an update to The Sims 2: Super Collection as to make it a 64bit app, this is because the game is one of the Best Sellers in the App Store. So Aspyr does have incentive to do the update, but they have not yet promised.

So just don't upgrade to a version past Mojave as long as you want to play The Sims 2: Super Collection, unless you were planning on having a second disk or partition with a 32 bit OS on it to boot from.

Me I have El Capitan {10.11.6} and I intend to stick with it until I know the status of The Sims 2: Super Collection, and The Sims 2 Castaway Stories, and SimCityâ„¢4 Deluxe Edition, if all of them are not upgraded I plan to just stick with what I have.
Because I am curious what version are you running now?

Thanks for the reply :-)

I am currently running High Sierra on my Mac, and I have had the trouble with the skintone and facetone. I think It happened when I used a default skin replacement and removed it again. As long as I am using the default replacement I don't have the trouble... but I also don't remember what I did to "fix" the problem.

Also, It is good to hear, that Aspyr probably will upgrade the game to 64-bit and I will wait with the upgrade next year to see what happens.
I think I will take the chance a upgrade to Mojave then. :-)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
Slight correction to the above: the issue with the mismatched skintone begins at High Sierra (10.13). It doesn’t occur on Sierra (10.12), though there are some other minor graphics glitches on the 2017 iMacs/Macbook Pros which I believe are related to the graphics cards in them rather than Sierra itself. I don’t think anybody’s reported yet whether Mojave magically fixes any of those issues (unlikely, but not impossible.)

I’m running the game on El Capitan and Sierra machines. I hope that eventually Aspyr will come out with a 64-bit version of the game that fixes the graphics glitches, but if not I’ll keep either a machine or a bootable partition running Sierra.

My Mac is from 2017, so maybe that's why I had the skintone problem.
Fingers crossed for an update from Aspyr. I already have High Sierra, so I guess it isn't a possibility for me.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 5:28 PM
I bought my 2017 iMac a couple of weeks before the High Sierra release, so that it shipped with Sierra and I could hold off if any of my software had issues. I just wasn’t expecting Sims 2 to be it. :-(

The issues I see on it are related to uneven ground - lots of angry red lines if I drag objects over non flat terrain in build/buy mode, and little white dotted lines in hood view where birds have flown over rocks. Cars get drag lines as well, on hilly roads. Turning on drift mode hides the hood view issues, and I don’t see any problems in live mode, but I reported it as a bug to Aspyr so hope that if/when they get to the 64-bit rewrite that’ll get included too. Less annoying than mismatched skintones anyway.

I know that they’ve updated a few of their games to 64-bit already, but obviously releasing brand new games generates more income so I guess updates of the older ones will be determined by popularity, longevity of sales, and how easy they are to do. At least the first two of those are likely to be in Sims2’s favour.