Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 12:14 AM Last edited by sims2fan1100 : 10th Oct 2018 at 11:09 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED] Error Recording Video Capture File/ How to Fix??
Whenever I try to use the Sims in-game camera this error pops up.
"Error Recording Video Capture File
Your movie could not be written to disk. Check to make sure you have enough disk space and correct read/writte permissions.
I have 110 GB free on my Drive. I even tried reinstalling the game and tried using it without any CC and it still does the same. Can anyone please help?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 12:19 AM
Are you trying to capture a video with the highest settings?

And how long is your video?

Recording in uncompressed high quality resolution will end up with you having a file that is very large.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
Are you trying to capture a video with the highest settings?

And how long is your video?

Recording in uncompressed high quality resolution will end up with you having a file that is very large.

I even tried it with the games default low resolution and it still won't work. It was working fine until all of a sudden.
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 12:30 AM
What do you mean by "all of a sudden"?

Did you recently do something to your computer that made the game stop recording?

Like was there an update to your system? Were there folders being moved around?

When did this start happening? When was the last time you recorded something in the game (where it worked)?

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
What do you mean by "all of a sudden"?

Did you recently do something to your computer that made the game stop recording?

Like was there an update to your system? Were there folders being moved around?

When did this start happening? When was the last time you recorded something in the game (where it worked)?

I actually solved it. I installed Graphic Rules Maker and it fixed the problem. Thnx anyways