Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:19 AM
Default if you could choose between playing sims 4, or..
being able to play ts3 flawlessly.. which would you choose? i would choose the latter to be honest.

** and you can only choose one
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:20 AM
The Sims 4 .. Even if it ran flawlessly, the Sims 3 is very boring to me after a while.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:21 AM
ts3 is nearly complete with all expansions including weather and pets, and other things. i don't like the look of ts4 sims personally. with ts3 there is a balance between realism and sim-ness.. if that makes sense? i remember being really, really excited for ts3 but i don't feel it for this next one.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:22 AM
After seeing the demo for sims 4 and thinking that sims 4 has the potential to be worse than any other sim game. I would say sims 3 without any of the bugs that have haunted my experience with it or sims 2.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:23 AM
yes, by flawless ts3 i mean without most of the worst bugs, and being able to play without lag etc
Instructor
#6 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:24 AM
Sims 4 of course.

I dislike Sims 3 and still play Sims 2 so easy to answer question for me. :P

Edit: I wouldn't play the puddings even with the bugs fixed and flawless gameplay.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:26 AM
i'm interested in hearing why you like ts2 over ts3.. i'm not meaning to make this a comparison thread, i would just like to know why sims 4 appeals to you rather than sims 3 ever has
Instructor
#8 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i'm interested in hearing why you like ts2 over ts3.. i'm not meaning to make this a comparison thread, i would just like to know why sims 4 appeals to you rather than sims 3 ever has

Easy. No puddings. The interactions/emotions that will lead to deeper gameplay (obviously will have to see more of this). Sims are quirky and I love the way they look and interact so far. Did I mention no puddings?

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:35 AM
I also remember being really excited for ts3, but not that much for ts4. I like CAS and the different design tools in ts3, I'm not sure about ts4 after seeing the demo. So I guess ts3 without all the flaws.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:35 AM
I would play either being sims 3 and sims 2 but my always preferred choice is sims 2. I until very recently never used any custom genetics or hair for that matter on sims 2 and I have gotten into creating stories with my sims to large scale as in some of them take place in separate sud hoods depending on the realm. Sims 3 I have always said that on the sims graphics that they were never as good as sims 2. Sims 4 is worse as my phrase is that they are a cross between sims 1 and sims 2, many of the new features do not appeal to me along with the price I saw for it on game £49.99 most expensive sims base game.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:51 AM
Sims 4. After all these years, I can count on one hand the number of times I've looked at Sims 3 and thought "maybe I do want it after all", whereas I already want to get my hands on TS4.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 12:30 PM
I'll stick with Sims 2, thank you!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Issie
Easy. No puddings. The interactions/emotions that will lead to deeper gameplay (obviously will have to see more of this). Sims are quirky and I love the way they look and interact so far. Did I mention no puddings?

i happen to find pudding delicious..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 12:56 PM
Sims 4, if Sims 2 would no longer run. I would not switch to Sims 3 as I hate the look and the AI falls about as flat a soggy pavlova. Which is an Australian desert which Americans may not get...

There are lots of us here that prefer sims 2 over sims 3.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#15 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 1:01 PM
Sims 3.Actually I didn't see nothing interesting on those videos.Also graphics and build mode are crap
Alchemist
#16 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
yes, by flawless ts3 i mean without most of the worst bugs, and being able to play without lag etc

My TS3 already plays like that
Scholar
#17 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 1:17 PM
Sims 4. Haven't played Sims 3 properly since Ambitions - even though I have all the expansions so far - but the gameplay, AI, horrid looking Sims, empty community lots, creepy kids, robotic nature of Sims and general vapidness turns me right off. Even now, I last 10 mins before I come out again. And that's with a shitload of CC and mods. So even if it ran flawlessly, it'll still be a 'no'....

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#18 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 1:22 PM
Aesthetics is very important to me and I loved making beautiful, unique community/residential lots in the right spot of the world with beautiful backgrounds, the scenery would make me go WOW! Nothing about Sims 4 can make that happen for me, I can't imagine looking at a cartoon that pops that emotion for me. Some say the graphics in Sims 4 reminds them of Pixar, not to me. It looks a bit too low level for that and the scenes might appeal for a bit, but the glowy, bloom just irritates me.

Not.my.style.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#19 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 1:27 PM
I already play TS3 flawlessly, and I find myself getting bored fast.

So, TS4.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 1:27 PM
Sims 3 flawlessly. Sims 3 can be gorgeous with the right mods, CC, and world. Everything from the sky to the landscape to the weather and to the individual sim

Sims 4 just took a dump on all that. And for what?

Edit: And didn't they call TS3 sims "smart and intelligent"? I take what those bozos say with a grain of salt, they're notorious for lying and playing with words. I wouldn't be shocked if in CAS only specific sections can be pushed/pulled and not everything. Add to that I'm positive that the Sims will continue to be dumber than a bag of hammers
Scholar
#21 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Sims 4. Haven't played Sims 3 properly since Ambitions - even though I have all the expansions so far - but the gameplay, AI, horrid looking Sims, empty community lots, creepy kids, robotic nature of Sims and general vapidness turns me right off. Even now, I last 10 mins before I come out again. And that's with a shitload of CC and mods. So even if it ran flawlessly, it'll still be a 'no'....

Like ts4 will be the better.....dreamers.I will observe with pleasure simers pain when game will came out,and when they relise that ts4 not so perfect at all
Instructor
#22 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hungryhippo
Sims 4 just took a dump on all that. And for what?

Erh, gameplay?
Instructor
#23 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Like ts4 will be the better.....dreamers.I will observe with pleasure simers pain when game will came out,and when they relise that ts4 not so perfect at all

I'm not that worried. If Sims 4 doesn't live up to my expectations I'll just continue along with my Sims 2.

I still love my Sims 2 and have been playing it since it came out. Sure I take breaks from playing but it still gives me enjoyment after all this time.

Besides, why in the world would you want to 'observe our pain', are you a sadist or something?

Scholar
#24 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Issie

Besides, why in the world would you want to 'observe our pain', are you a sadist or something?

No,I just hate don't like people who when the new thing is appear begins to talk shit about the older,although previously they like it.It's so hypocritical
Instructor
#25 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
No,I just hate people who when the new thing is appear begins to talk shit about the older,although previously they like it.It so hypocritical

Hate is a pretty strong word to use for people you don't know.

In any case, I've never been a big fan of the Sims 3 from the beginning.

Page 1 of 3