Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
8 people viewing

drake_mccarty, Exx, NekoMimi

There are also 3 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

MTS Summer Movie Night - posted on 13th Jun 2018 at 9:07 PM
Replies: 7755 (Who?), Viewed: 331829 times.
Page 311 of 311
Mad Poster
#7751 Old Yesterday at 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teostar
Just watched SimsCommunity's recent video, so apparently if you get struck by lightning once (and don't die) you get a 3 hour dazed debuff, then you have to get struck by lightning again before that debuff expires. Once that happens, your Sim gets a 12 hour buff that allows him/her to summon a lightning strike wherever by clicking on the ground. (while that 12h buff is active) Also their eyes glow electric blue while they have the debuff. The summoned lightning strike does nothing, cannot hit Sims and is just a visual thing. So that's what you saw at the end of the Seasons trailer where the guy shoots a lightning ball up at the sky.

.....That's fucking stupid! C'mon Maxis! How do you even fuck up super powers!?

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#7752 Old Yesterday at 11:57 PM
Imagine that, they spent money on a new animation, and it doesn't do anything! That's hilarious!

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7753 Old Today at 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terula8
\

Recolours show up A LOT in every single game except TS1. In TS2 there were entire outfits that were exactly the same - not even different colours, just straight copied over.

I'm told that TS3 also had this a lot - so it's not like it's new in TS4 to do this.
I'm not sure where you got that from but in TS3's case I am aware of this in only one case, namely when University Life reused some base game clothing meshes and added them with additional stencils. Recolors in TS3 were pointless because one of the major selling points was CASt, i.e. you could recolor things yourself. Other than that I cannot think of any duplicates in my game and I've got everything except for three stuff packs. But I'm always glad to learn something new.
Field Researcher
#7754 Old Today at 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeservedCriticism
I would sooner suspect the Pets basically don't interact with the weather whatsoever.

Cynicism aside, we can almost certainly expect pets to interact with the weather systems. It is most likely to be minimal, and will reuse existing animations. Afterall, they bothered to integrate the pets with Laundry Day (even though it was minuscule.). You can expect the same thing here. They will cower from thunderstorms with recycled animations and probably have prioritized routing to indoor spaces during rain (cats), or very bad weather (both cats and dogs). We may even get a play in leaves or snowpile action that resuses the squirrel in a bush type of thing. That's as far as I see this reaching. Hopefully they also generate prints in the snow, as Sims do.

Maybe they've gone further, but I doubt it.

Disappointing there's no use for harnessing lightning... I mean c'mon. Why put it in then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalar
Imagine that, they spent money on a new animation, and it doesn't do anything! That's hilarious!

And such a 'fancy' animation too... It makes very little sense, unless they will recycle it for something supernatural later.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7755 Old Today at 12:27 AM
*Looks at the holiday tradition list*

Oh, goody! We can make The Purge!

- Air Grievances
- Fighting
- Fire
- Mischief Spirit
- Wear Costumes

They really did think of everything.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#7756 Old Today at 2:08 AM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : Today at 2:20 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teostar
...so apparently if you get struck by lightning once (and don't die) you get a 3 hour dazed debuff, then you have to get struck by lightning again before that debuff expires. Once that happens, your Sim gets a 12 hour buff that allows him/her to summon a lightning strike wherever by clicking on the ground. (while that 12h buff is active) Also their eyes glow electric blue while they have the debuff. The summoned lightning strike does nothing, cannot hit Sims and is just a visual thing. So that's what you saw at the end of the Seasons trailer where the guy shoots a lightning ball up at the sky.

Let me get this straight. A person would be told how to play just so they could have glowing eyeballs and be able to summon lightening strikes that don't do anything.

That sounds like too much work to me. There is no shortage of glowing eye contacts for TS4. It would be easier just to download some of those and call it a day. There is no reward other than glowing eyeballs for doing it EA's way. It's more "Game plays you! You don't play it!" stuff going on.
Page 311 of 311