Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 3:06 PM
Default Tutorial for S4PE
Is there any type of tutorial available for S4PE? I just can't seem to find one. Unfortunately I was unzipping the file with my Win 8.1 uncompress and finally found out you must use 7zip or the S4PE program just does not work. That seems to be a potential problem for the whole community. (I mean the 7 zip compression is a potential problem) Even WinRAR does not extract it properly.
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 5:35 PM
Rebekah; I think you should ask at Simlogical for tutorial support. As far as I know, S4PE is very similar to S3PE in terms of how it works, so if you have used it for sims3 then you are a long way there.

PS I split your post off from the list of tools into an own thread.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 5:40 PM
The problem is they say to come to MTS for tutorials. So that's what I did. It seems there are some files that need to be extracted and there doesn't seem to be any info as to what files we are to work with.

Thanks leefilsh for responding.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 6:21 PM
what do you mean Rebekah? What files are you talking about? The files for your creation or the files for S4PE?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 6:32 PM
The files needed to open in S4PE. Example for Sims 3 it was I believe it was the GameplayData.package, but it's been awhile since I've used the Sims 3 editor. I just need some basic directions, please.

Thanks again leefish!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 6:37 PM
Which files you need depends on what you are trying to do. Have you looked at tutorials for your specific task? There's a list in the Tutorials forum.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 6:46 PM
I wanted to see if I could do xml mods like I could for Sims 3. I was also hoping there was a way to export objects from the S4PE, but it seems that is not available yet. I really didn't find anything that told about the S4PE, there are several good tutorials on other programs.

Thanks plasticbox, I have been using your List of TS4 Tools / Documentation / Resources and List of TS4 Tutorials which are fantastic by the way, but there isn't any tutorial for S4PE listed.

Thank you!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 6:51 PM
For XML tuning you should use velocitygrass' XML Extractor, it comes with instructions. I don't think it would be fun working with the combined tuning from the game files, it's huge. S4PE is only required to put the result in a .package at the end.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 7:10 PM
Okay, well thanks plasticbox, I do really appreciate your help. I did read that post, but I figured there must be another tutorial on what files are suppose to be extracted. I will ask if he could give me some instructions as to what it is I need to extract. I just figured I was missing a tutorial somewhere. I've looked all over the net for something, and just have not found anything as far as a tutorial for S4PE. It took me over a week to finally figure out that the 7zip wasn't a true zip program, so I was close to giving up.

Thank you so very much for your help!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 7:14 PM
Do yo mean this file:

Quote:
I got tired of handling the combined tuning resource 0x62E94D38-0x00000000-0xF1352E740C4710BA in SimulationDeltaBuild0.package manually

?

Thats what it says in velocitygrass' upload post .. that's how I knew what to extract. This is a huge blob containing all the XML .. the Extractor splits it up into handy pieces.

Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 7:28 PM
Yes, that is what I meant, I didn't want to look stupid, for not knowing what that was. (That's why I thought there was another tutorial somewhere.) I see it now, it must be because my s4pe wasn't working properly before when I looked at that that I could tell it was anything.

Thank you again plasticbox!
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Which files you need depends on what you are trying to do. Have you looked at tutorials for your specific task? There's a list in the Tutorials forum.

Well I'm looking to adjust prices and object names, and if possible, the stats on the items like +energy on beds