Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 1:41 PM
need help tweaking Hates Children Trait
I am trying to make it so Hates Children always yields a negative response for Sims who tell them they are pregnant. Right now, the selection for the response type is completely randomised, and this is incorrect and requires fixing. However, blacklisting the trait under the "Happy" response does not work, they still get the happy buff. Blacklisting the trait under the happy buff and then whitelisting the same trait under the negative buff does not work either.
This is the negative response, as you can see the Trait is whitelisted, so they should show this buff when the negative response is selected.

Quote:
<I c="LootActions" i="action" m="interactions.utils.loot" n="Loot_Buff_Social_SharedBigNews_Tense" s="97069">

<L n="loot_actions">

<V t="buff">

<U n="buff">

<U n="buff">

<V n="buff_reason" t="enabled">

<T n="enabled">0x11C8CE70<!--(From Hates Children Trait)--></T>

</V>

<V n="_add_test_set" t="tests_set">

<L n="tests_set">

<L>

<V t="trait">

<U n="trait">

<L n="blacklist_traits"/>

<L n="whitelist_traits">

<T>16844<!--trait_HatesChildren--></T>

</L>

</U>

</V>

</L>

</L>

</V>

<T n="buff_type">97067<!--Buff: Buff_SharedBigNews_Tense--></T>

</U>

<E n="subject">TargetSim</E>

<L n="tests">

<L>

<V t="relationship">

<U n="relationship">

<U n="required_relationship_bits">

<L n="match_any">

<T>15825<!--RelationshipBit: romantic-Significant_Other--></T>

<T>15816<!--RelationshipBit: romantic-Engaged--></T>

<T>15822<!--RelationshipBit: romantic-Married--></T>

<T>0xA25D7DE4<!--Acquaintances--></T>

<T>0x7037268B<!--Good Friends--></T>

<T>0xF90083B7<!--Friend--></T>

</L>

</U>

</U>

</V>

</L>

</L>

</U>

</V>

</L>

</I>

And here is the positive response, the Trait is blacklisted. They should not display this buff even if they select the positive response, but they still are displaying it.

Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<I c="LootActions" i="action" m="interactions.utils.loot" n="Loot_Buff_Social_SharedBigNews_Happy" s="97068">

<L n="loot_actions">

<V t="buff">

<U n="buff">

<U n="buff">

<V n="buff_reason" t="enabled">

<T n="enabled">0x72262BDC<!--(From Socialization)--></T>

</V>

<V n="_add_test_set" t="tests_set">

<L n="tests_set">

<L>

<V t="trait">

<U n="trait">

<L n="whitelist_traits">

</L>

</U>

</V>

</L>

</L>

</V>

<T n="buff_type">97066<!--Buff_SharedBigNews_Happy--></T>

</U>

<E n="subject">TargetSim</E>

<L n="tests">

<L>

<V t="relationship">

<U n="relationship">

<U n="required_relationship_bits">

<L n="match_any">

<T>15822<!--romantic-Married--></T>

<T>15816<!--romantic-Engaged--></T>

<T>15825<!--romantic-Significant_Other--></T>

<T>0xA25D7DE4<!--Acquaintances--></T>

<T>0x7037268B<!--Good Friends--></T>

<T>0xF90083B7<!--Friend--></T>

</L>

</U>

</U>

</V>

</L>

</L>

</U>

</V>

</L>

</I>

I have tested the responses of the Sim with Hates Children trait and they have been constantly giving the positive response. I want them to always give the negative one. What am I missing here? I have even changed all the values in the "mixer_social_ShareBigNews_targeted_Friendly_alwaysOn_pregnancy" interaction so that those with hates Children should always flag up the negative response, but again it appears to be randomised. Please help, I've been working on this for the past two days and have gotten nowhere.
Advertisement
Deceased
#2 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 8:45 PM Last edited by scumbumbo : 24th Jun 2018 at 8:48 PM. Reason: Additional clarification/expln
Quote: Originally posted by Zuperbuu
And here is the positive response, the Trait is blacklisted. They should not display this buff even if they select the positive response, but they still are displaying it.
Code:
<V t="trait">
  <U n="trait">
    <L n="whitelist_traits">
    </L>
  </U>
</V>

Your blacklist is not set properly, the /> at the end of the XML line indicates that the <L> tag is empty (other than the n= attribute). In other words, this means the <T> tag is part of the <U n="trait"> tag and not the blacklist. You want to use:
Code:
<V t="trait">
  <U n="trait">
    <L n="blacklist_traits">
    </L>
    <L n="whitelist_traits" />
  </U>
</V>

Hope this helps, not sure if this will fix your mod for the behavior you want, but it sure can't hurt
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 5:23 PM Last edited by Zuperbuu : 30th Jun 2018 at 8:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Your blacklist is not set properly, the /> at the end of the XML line indicates that the <L> tag is empty (other than the n= attribute). In other words, this means the <T> tag is part of the <U n="trait"> tag and not the blacklist. You want to use:
Code:
<V t="trait">
  <U n="trait">
    <L n="blacklist_traits">
    </L>
    <L n="whitelist_traits" />
  </U>
</V>

Hope this helps, not sure if this will fix your mod for the behavior you want, but it sure can't hurt

Oooh thank you! It's such a silly little thing, but it's always those little things that get overlooked! Thanks, i'll give it a try.

EDIT: unfortunately this change alone doesn't seem to block the positive response from "Big News", and the modifications I made to the pregnancy files have no impact either, even if I set the positive outcome to 0 and the negative outcome to 100, it just appears to be completely random!