Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 12:30 AM
Default I like this board
You know why?

1. People have a sense of humour and don't take themselves so seriously.

2. All the downloads are free and a lot of it is interesting and excellent stuff.

3. I like the way it's managed.

4. You don't have to constantly log in everytime you open the site.

Anyone else got any input?

(This is probably in the wrong section but oh well! )
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 12:43 AM
I like this topic! But since it's about the site and not about playing Sims 2, I'm going to have to move it to ... off topic discussion, I think.

I came for the downloads, but I stayed for the emphasis on tutorials: whether it's how to install custom content or how to modify a mesh, MTS offers well-organized guides with pictures any newbie could follow. I like to learn how stuff works, even if I don't really have the artistic eye to do more than technical tweaks to the content I download.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Damocles
I came for the free coffee and naked women. I have yet to encounter any of these things. So would you mind taking your clothes off and pour me a hot one. Uhh, without milk, because frankly I don't trust you. I know what's going on in Saudi Arabia.

I'll keep my eyes on you.

That post made my day. haha!

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spotlight-shure
That post made my day. haha!

Lol, and not the response I expected, but made me smile too!

Damocles, I'll only take my clothes off and pour you coffee if you bring me chocolates and, errmmm, a bottle of Jack Daniels.

(Don't hold me to that though, I'm fickle!)
Theorist
#5 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 4:39 AM
I'll admit, this site is pleasant. But it is a getaway paradise when I compare it to other sites I visit where the attitude is... competitive and insecure.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 9:11 AM
I like:
- that you don't get cliques here like you do on other sites.
- people don't decide whether to speak to you or not based on your post count.
- it's friendly.
- it's well moderated, meaning the mods don't let fights get out of control before intervening. Even the debate room is polite!
Alchemist
#7 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 10:02 AM
i like this site, too.
the d-bags get banned in good time, mods are funny and actually moderate crap.
i cant tell you how big of a peeve it is to see sites that have potential, but the mod teams are lazy/stupid/arrogant. MTS2 is a good example of what Right to do by the way of mods.
what else, what else...
i like the rules, which is to say, while i do retain my own laziness via lack of proper grammar, i still hate chat speak and am ever enthralled to find this place clean of it.
i like how varied it is, yet not whorishly off topic.

and since i can barely think of anything more to add, i'll leave it there.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Inventor
#8 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 12:50 PM
I also love this site because I can sit butt naked behind my computer drinking coffee while downloading free CC and read a good tutorial on everything I ever wanted to know about the Sims.
Scholar
#9 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 11:19 PM
I found this site because I had a major problem in my game and I was trying to find out info on it. That hood is long gone (yes I broke it) but I learned so much from the help section I started lurking in the discussions. I lurk around on a couple of other sites mostly because I'm too intimidated to post but the information they have is valid so I lurk. This is the only site I've posted comments on however for all the reasons others have listed above. There are a lot of funny and helpful people here and even the occasional troll is dealt with quickly and without a lot of bashing. Whatever type of quality control goes on as to what gets posted for downloads is certainly working. The amount and variety of things posted for free is simply astounding to me. I get endless inspiration for my game from reading what some other players have done or would like to do.

Just a great site all the way around and must visit on my daily web surf.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by appelsapgodin
I also love this site because I can sit butt naked behind my computer drinking coffee while downloading free CC and read a good tutorial on everything I ever wanted to know about the Sims.

You do that, too?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 11:23 PM
i haven't been here that long, but i like what i see c;
-the mods actually have conversations with members, and aren't bots. they also have a sense of humor.
-people here are nice, and there's not too much bashing.
-i like how 'normal' speak is enforced. no leet, or what i call n00b speak.
-not too much trolling?
-annnd, new people are actually welcomed; there's alot of sites where, if a new person posts it's all 'LOLN00B.' and just bashing.

You know that place between sleep and awake? The place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 11:56 PM
Yep! I enjoy being around here so much! I may not post so many comments here, but I always visit around here so often than another Sims websites (well, I sometimes do visit the www. sims3 .com). The tutorials are very helpful and so informative that is easy to understand. =) I really like how members made so creative mods.

I think that's all.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 12:06 PM
Damocles needs to find the SexySims2 site. Anyway I like this site because they have not banned me yet.
Inventor
#14 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
You do that, too?
Don't we all in the morning?
Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by appelsapgodin
I also love this site because I can sit butt naked behind my computer drinking coffee

Ewwwww... Skidmark City!

While on this subject, I also like this site because it isn't anal-retentive.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 9:53 AM
My god, where do I begin?!

When I first joined MST2/3, I was pretty much intimidated to the point where I hid, but now that the shell is gone, I've found this site can be like a comedy lounge.

What the Golden Army really was: Ginormous alarm clocks who wanted to kill you!
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 12:30 PM
I like that you get to hear the opinions of such diverse people from all over the world aged between 13(ish) and 63(ish). And even though lots of them are maladjusted and strange (yes I mean you) I don't hate them yet.

And recently I learned we're allowed to swear... that's da fucking shit, mofo!
Inventor
#18 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by refox_14
I've found this site can be like a comedy lounge.

And you're all a great audience.. *zing boom!*
Inventor
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
And even though lots of them are maladjusted and strange (yes I mean you)

Who, me? Geee thanks Simbalena!
Inventor
#20 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Damocles
I came for the free coffee and naked women. I have yet to encounter any of these things. So would you mind taking your clothes off and pour me a hot one. Uhh, without milk, because frankly I don't trust you. I know what's going on in Saudi Arabia.

....You forgot about the ice cream!

As for me, once I realized just how diverse and funny the people here are, I started posting more. The thing about the internet is that there are a lot of places where once you hit 24 or older, you start to feel like the creepy old guy at the rock concert, even if all of you have the same interest in something. Here though, the ages are much more diverse, which I find refreshing.
Alchemist
#21 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
You know why?

1. People have a sense of humour and don't take themselves so seriously.

ohhhh there are still people around who find excuses to be offended. ... by anything/everything.
or maybe they just dont like me either way i fail to give a crap; those who laugh along are more likely to get a response, though.

Quote:
2. All the downloads are free and a lot of it is interesting and excellent stuff.

3. I like the way it's managed.

4. You don't have to constantly log in everytime you open the site.

Anyone else got any input?

(This is probably in the wrong section but oh well! )

yes, yes..that depends on your browser settings, and no.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Mad Poster
#22 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 6:11 AM
There are the more serious moments but I like this site. It puts me at ease to not be bashed every 5 seconds for being adopted, or to be banned for voicing an opinion. That's the best part about this site, not the downloads, but how you can state an opinion and get away with it.

*hands Damocles a "certain magazine" and a mug o' coffee*

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!