Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 7:05 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CC Arcade Machines Cause Immense Lag
This is an issue that I'm certain relates to an old problem I am well aware of with my computer, but I'm hopeful there might be a solution. Bear in mind this is not coming from my laptop but from my XP tower.

So, when a Sim plays any of the CC arcade machines from Paladin's Place, it causes the game to lag immensely even on normal 1x speed. Same lag does not occur on any the Maxis' arcades however. When these CC arcades are played they show a black screen, like as if they're trying to bring out some sort of picture. I know I've installed these arcades properly, placing their video clips and .ini files in the correct folders while following the current setup on my laptop. If the video clips weren't in the right spots, I'd be witnessing the blue flashing screen of death instead.

Here are the specs of my XP tower.
System: XP Professional, Service Pack 3
CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 2.8Ghz
RAM: 3 gigs.
Video card: ATI Radeon HD 4600
Hard drive: 2 terabytes.

I'm betting people will quickly point the finger at the CPU spec, since it is single core after all.

Anyway, is there a way around this predicament? If not, not a big deal, although I will have to ditch my idea to have a full arcade room in the community mall. And don't say upgrade the CPU, as it's really the best piece of hardware my type of machine can support.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 7:12 AM
Try reinstalling the XVid codec:

Quote: Originally posted by Paladin's Place
Problem: Sims 2 slows to a crawl or freezes when the arcade game is played.
Cause: The Xvid codec is not installed or the installed Xvid codec is corrupted.
Solution: Install or reinstall the Xvid codec.

That's from the help file that's included with the Video Game download.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 7:44 AM
Sweet, that worked. Thanks!

XVid just needed to be installed on my XP.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 6:02 PM
Aha, that explains it! Glad it worked.