Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 5:46 PM
Default Can you make a business and make money from it in TS3?
Like in TS4 they have that cool feature where you can literally just put a cash register down and create a business but I can't be bothered to sit through a long loading screen in TS3 to find out or not.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 5:50 PM
If you mean creating a business like in TS2, no you can't, but there's a variety of options in terms of owning real estate and making income from it. You can run certain types of businesses and venues, such as bakeries, bars and hotels.

And if you start a new save, it doesn't take much longer to load than one of TS4's.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
If you mean creating a business like in TS2, no you can't, but there's a variety of options in terms of owning real estate and making income from it. You can run certain types of businesses and venues, such as bakeries, bars and hotels.

And if you start a new save, it doesn't take much longer to load than one of TS4's.

Welp, thanks for the quick reply though!
Scholar
#4 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 7:05 PM
It is the main thing I miss in TS3. While I always end up owning all real estate that can be bought in a neighbourhood, it is also kind of the beginning of the end for my save at that point. Money becomes way too easy, because you just pick up a standard fee every week. There is some upgrading to be done (three levels) to receive max revenue from real estate, but that is just based on placing specific objects. There is no interaction and production like in OFB in TS2.

For example :
You are a painter, and sell your paintings at the consignment store. You can buy the consignment store, but you will still be selling your paintings to the consignment store and not to the customers directly. Your revenue from the consignment store will be solely based on the upgrade level of that lot. Which just requires specific objects to be placed. It is not based on sales. You also don't hire employees or have to deal with customer happiness.

Same goes if you grow grapes and create nectar and sell it at your own nectary. Your revenue again is just based on the level of that nectary, not on what quality nectar or how many you sell.
Scholar
#5 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 10:55 PM
I've gotten over it a little and have settled for Ani's produce stand. Its a good alternative if you want to sell all your sim made things and watch people buy them. The stand has item slots as well so you can place examples of what you're selling to kind of add to it being a little shop.