Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 3:58 PM
Restore files after reinstallation?
Im on the edge of crying in a corner right now, I reinstalled my computer and forgot to backup my savedsims folder from TS2!
Around three days ago I reinstalled Windows 7 on my computer - yesterday I upgraded to Windows 10(works like a charm by the way, I can't get a few mods to work but I don't think that's W10's fault).
So what I would like to do is a system restoration, if that's what it's called. I've done it before, but never on a reinstalled computer, if it's even possible. I'd like to jump back a few days, grab the files I want and return the computer to its current state. I googled for a solution and were recommended a few softwares that could do this for me. However I don't dare to try them, they looked shady to me and my poor machine couldn't handle more viruses right now.
Is this possible at all, and if so; how do I do it? I can't believe I forgot that folder, it has years of projects in it!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 3:20 AM
Did you do a full system wipe? As in, just like buying the PC, no personal documents? If that, then unfortunately, you won't be able to restore your saves, even with those such programs, they most likely won't work.

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Send me a PM, if you need to contact me for anything.