Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 2:39 PM Last edited by Gamegenius : 13th Dec 2017 at 3:05 PM.
Default How do I stop townies from generating and showing up in ugly Maxis outfits or hair?
I'm starting to get tired of deleting them just for the game to generate new ones soon after. Mostly they're just foreigners and service sims but I still want the game to stop creating new ones. Also is there a way to stop Maxis outfits and hair from showing up on townies that I do decide to keep,they make me want to throw up every time I have to look at them. I was sick in real life a couple weeks ago and I don't want that to happen again at least not any time soon. Oh and I forgot to mention that there a lot of dogs,cats and wild horses roaming around the town slowing my game down in the process so if I could stop them generating in my game too I would really appreciate it.
Edit:And the game decided to crash on me and now I'm so mad at the game (I'm not really mad but just really frustrated at the game right now.) I'm just going to play some Skyrim and take all my anger out on the soldiers, villagers and the cat people.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 3:29 PM
NRAAS register has an option to stop the animals. They say NRAAS dresser can ban clothes by making a "blacklist", but I've never tried it and not sure how it works. the other option is to hand craft the service sims you want and bundle them up then add them via NRAAS Packer, but that's a lot of work.

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 3:39 PM
For the NPC generated Service Sims as well as dogs, cats, etc check out the Town Management Page Here. The game will always generate a certain number of Service Sims in the Service Pool. All of this is explained in Who Is In My Town? More Town Management Options.

Stopping unwanted hair/outfits from random assignments can be accomplished a few ways: Two of them are detailed on This Page: NRaas Blacklisting with MC and Dresser or the easier way using Kuree's EasyCASP editor.
One other way would be to completely hide everything in CAS for a specific EP or SP using MC. The down side of hiding everything is some things you might like will also be hidden. I have about 4 EP CAS items hidden but compensated using other CAS CC items I actually like even better.

Hope this helps you out somewhat and you didn't blow up your Skyrim population :D
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
NRAAS register has an option to stop the animals. They say NRAAS dresser can ban clothes by making a "blacklist", but I've never tried it and not sure how it works. the other option is to hand craft the service sims you want and bundle them up then add them via NRAAS Packer, but that's a lot of work.

Hi There...Didn't refresh to see you in here Emmett...
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Hi There...Didn't refresh to see you in here Emmett...

I messed up the time line again, didn't I?

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 8:55 PM
For the NPC generated Service Sims as well as dogs, cats, etc check out the Town Management Page Here. The game will always generate a certain number of Service Sims in the Service Pool. All of this is explained in Who Is In My Town? More Town Management Options.

Stopping unwanted hair/outfits from random assignments can be accomplished a few ways: Two of them are detailed on This Page: NRaas Blacklisting with MC and Dresser or the easier way using Kuree's EasyCASP editor.
One other way would be to completely hide everything in CAS for a specific EP or SP using MC. The down side of hiding everything is some things you might like will also be hidden. I have about 4 EP CAS items hidden but compensated using other CAS CC items I actually like even better.

Hope this helps you out somewhat and you didn't blow up your Skyrim population :D

I just now found out that the crash was because of a corrupted save file but I don't know how it got like that because I didn't do anything with the game that would cause that.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 4:00 AM
That crash is like one I got once after my family's baby got taken by a social worker when it stopped loading after the last load resulted in a UI failure.It's possible the social workers taking a baby,toddler or child from your active family or and inactive one in town could've taken place and it took a while for the resulting corruption to catch up with you.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 2:15 PM
Quote:
I just now found out that the crash was because of a corrupted save file but I don't know how it got like that because I didn't do anything with the game that would cause that.

To the best of my knowledge those Crash Logs do not correctly identify what is actually causing the game to crash. But, your log appears to be a bit more specific so I could be wrong on that account. It is hard and can be very tedious to identify what is in a game that is causing it to crash. Game saves can become bloated and for some unexplained reason just do not want to cooperate.

I think just about everyone in here has had to do the mod dance to ferret out content. Are you still experiencing crashing? Do you need more help with that?
In the meantime if you have not already seen the Tips For Better Game Performance document take a look at some of the suggestions in there. Perhaps all your game just needs some cleaning up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 8:31 PM
To the best of my knowledge those Crash Logs do not correctly identify what is actually causing the game to crash. But, your log appears to be a bit more specific so I could be wrong on that account. It is hard and can be very tedious to identify what is in a game that is causing it to crash. Game saves can become bloated and for some unexplained reason just do not want to cooperate.

I think just about everyone in here has had to do the mod dance to ferret out content. Are you still experiencing crashing? Do you need more help with that?
In the meantime if you have not already seen the Tips For Better Game Performance document take a look at some of the suggestions in there. Perhaps all your game just needs some cleaning up.

Well I'm playing Sims 2 now and not because of the crashing,that's an easy problem to fix but because this laptop that i'm playing it on keeps on overheating and shutting it self down and sometimes the game even crashes after it cools down and I boot back up again. It even did that to me twice while I was creating to create my people on Sims 2 and this was after I moved most of my Custom Content along with the whole EA folder on to the desktop and only kept in most of the mods, a lot of default replacement clothes to replace the ugly Maxis ones and a couple of hairs and outfits and worst of all it froze 2 times after it overheated I booted back it up againmso I had to use task manager to force the game to close down. The same exact thing happened to me while playing Skyrim too and let me tell you that it was a frustrating and aggravating experience.