Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 9:51 PM
Default Trying Sims 3 again
Well, I dug out my Sims 3 disks, and re-installed them. I'm gonna give it another try. First thing I'm going to look for are better sliders. Not sure where to proceed from there, But I'm going to give it another chance.

I'll play it more often when I figure out how to "No CD" my legally owned disk.

Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 10:32 PM
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/NoCD

You will probably also want some of the other NRAAS mods like Overwatch, Error Trap, etc.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files will remind you how to install package files and provide a ready-made framework with the resource.cfg file for you.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/NoCD

You will probably also want some of the other NRAAS mods like Overwatch, Error Trap, etc.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files will remind you how to install package files and provide a ready-made framework with the resource.cfg file for you.
Thanx! Perhaps this will work, and I won't have to write my own!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj

Scratch the "probably" and the "want"; make that "definitely" and "need".

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 6:04 AM
I would consider tons of Mods including the NRaas Mod collection and awsomemod to be needed as AM gets rid of automated school assignments which lead to many overcrowding and routing fail issues with schools.I use 113 NRaas Mod files and have about 600 other Mods in my game which is just to keep the game playable and stop issues.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 8:51 AM
Let's not overcomplicate it. Someone who's just getting into TS3 isn't going to want to install a dozen mods.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 9:42 AM Last edited by Moondragon007 : 13th Dec 2017 at 10:09 AM.
I've been reading through the "OMG! WTF are you doing???" thread, and a lot of the things mentioned (routing problems in particular) seem to have been fixed now - or at least I haven't encountered them. My sims have their own wacky antics. I have Master Controller, Debug Enabler, Overwatch, Story Progression, Grim's Auto Save, and Woohooer installed.
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kunder

Any suggestions?

I believe this is the mod you want:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/NoCD+Phase+One
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 3:20 PM
If you are considering mods in the NRaas Suite there are some suggestions from the Organizers at NRaas on the Getting Started With NRaas Mods Page.

If you need assistance with these we would love to hear from you. Feel free to post in NRaas Chatterbox . You do not need to be a member to download the mods but Free Membership Required To Post .

Always nice to see returning Sims 3 players
Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 4:04 AM
I started slowly with adding Mods and eventually ended up with over 700 Mod files as I tried fixing the issues including a no social worker Mod to stop saves from being corrupted by social workers taking children away.
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I started slowly with adding Mods and eventually ended up with over 700 Mod files as I tried fixing the issues including a no social worker Mod to stop saves from being corrupted by social workers taking children away.

Yikes!!! And I thought I had a lot of mods! I have a total of about 20-25 mods, comprised of maybe 50 files total.
Alchemist
#12 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kunder
Well, I dug out my Sims 3 disks, and re-installed them. I'm gonna give it another try. First thing I'm going to look for are better sliders. Not sure where to proceed from there, But I'm going to give it another chance.

Any suggestions?

OneEuroMutt is a great creator of sliders; she also made a master list here, but you'll most likely run into master lists created by other people too. There may be some dead links (often because the creators have left the community), but you can look for those files by searching the WCIF section or creating a thread about them, if you can't find anything.
You may also want to use Master Controller + the Cheats module to increase the range of sliders: 3 for face and 2 for body is usually enough, and helps with sculpting sims.

As for mods, aside from the basics that everyone mentioned above, you'll figure out what you need along the way. Most of the mods I use I have found as a result of searching ways to nuke/correct EA annoyances Nevertheless, I do recommend making an account at Sims Asylum, as they have a lot of great tuning mods you may find useful.

If you're looking for clothes, I made this post yesterday with a few of my preferred creators. For hair, you can check out this tag - trust me, you'll go up to GB's of CC in no time

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 2:50 PM
Wow! Thanx everyone! Didn't quite expect such good help so quickly.

I only use a couple mods when playing Sims 2.

Better sliders.
Stay Off My ("nerves") etc.
And NO STUFF FACE!!!

I'll probably take time to play, and get used to it before I start downloading CC.
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 6:28 AM
One mod you will want is Grim's Autosave.
http://modthesims.info/d/445455
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moondragon007
One mod you will want is Grim's Autosave.
http://modthesims.info/d/445455

That looks awesome, but does it work for 1.67/1.69? The creator hasn't been around for a few years so I want to know it's not a bomb waiting to go off if I use it.

Thanks, I hate it.
Alchemist
#16 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by floopyboo
That looks awesome, but does it work for 1.67/1.69? The creator hasn't been around for a few years so I want to know it's not a bomb waiting to go off if I use it.

According to one of the comments (page 9), it works for 1.67. It's unknown, however, whether it works with 1.69 or not.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Site Helper
#17 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 2:39 PM
Saver from NRAAS is very similar, and it does work for 1.69. Since 1.69 apparently just messed up adjusted the Launcher and touched nothing in the game files themselves, something that works in the game under 1.67 will most likely also work under 1.69, especially if a similar mod does.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by floopyboo

I've got 1.69 and so far it's working fine for me.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 5:07 AM
I went to OEM for a no social workers Mod because those social workers takign children away would always lead to saves getting corrupted and awsomemod to stop the school overcrowding and routing fails which is more critical than ever in a new world I just installed in my game and started playing called Logan.It's just come out of CAW and it's so big that it would require awsomemod to disable the automated school assignments.