Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 7:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Flashing purple neighborhood deco?
I had Voilles pond and sea mode in my game with just the pond one and the pond works fine. Then I recently I added the sea one. The sea water however makes some of the neighborhood deco 'flash purple', the 'moody vicar' and the the 4t3 'mission house' (not related to the in game 'mission set). I tried the incorporated one that was released and followed the instructions to remove the seawater and use the incorporated one. I tried several different methods in hopes of troubleshooting the issue myself, but have not been able to find a solution. Sadly, I still get the flashing purple. Any tips on what I can do to fix it?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 1:03 PM
By 'incorporated', were you referring to Criquette's mod? Because both of those items need the 'Better Nightlife' mod, for which there is a version with Voeille's mod.
http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.co...ustom-hood-deco

If you already have that version of the mod, then I would suggest to check that this mod loads last.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 10:48 PM
Yes, that is the mod that I DLd and still get the flashing purple. I did follow the instructions but it still doesn't work.

Not sure what you mean by 'loads last' since its my understanding you can't control the order in which custom content is loaded.
Alchemist
#4 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 11:20 PM
actually, there are several things that influence the order game loads downloads.
-sub folders
-file names
in either case; with letters, order is a through z. numbers; I think 0 through 9. non-letter/non-number; not sure their order; though the only ones that would load would be the ones Body Shop accepts for projects.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 2:48 AM
Well, I've no idea how to go about that first I've ever heard of that. I even tried putting the criquette buildings directly in DL folder and putting the fixed mod in a subfolder. Still don't work right.

I'm just gonna delete the purple objects and move on. Don't see a way to fix it. Thanks anywasy.