Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
3 people viewing

Nat 619

There are also 2 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 1:58 PM
Replies: 4054 (Who?), Viewed: 131903 times.
Page 163 of 163
Field Researcher
#4051 Old Today at 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
You can do some sorting and filtering with it:

If you're using it for business stuff with numbers, it can also automatically do math too. But I don't use that.

Sounds interesting -- even a little dangerous.
I once spent a lot of time setting up a contact information sheet for work -- not required, just something I did at home thinking it would make work life easier. Then, one day at work, I got the bright idea to search for everyone who worked at a certain place using the A-Z sort option. Well, the work location column sorted, but the rest of the info stayed the same -- meaning the work locations no longer matched up to the right person. That was when I gave up trying to learn Excel.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
#4052 Old Today at 12:39 AM
Yeah, that happens when you don't use pivot tables. But if you do, it'll set everything in the right order. You can even play with the ordering some if you know how. For example, my Playable Sim is sorted by Neighborhood, then Family, then Residence, and from there the Sims are listed from oldest to youngest. The Capps and Montys would like to demonstrate:

(I know that by my rules a bunch of them should be in college by now. But I wanted to keep their ages in proportion to each other.)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Lab Assistant
#4053 Old Today at 7:22 PM
I'm going to be so sad when Strangetown's first generation ends. I don't know what it will be like to play... I love these sims because they are so fleshed out; their stories are interesting and unique and interconnecting and I have not a clue how I'll be able to live up to that
For those of you who've played Maxis neighbourhoods past the first gen, how did you find it? Did you find some of the 'magic' was lost? Did you manage to create engaging stories for your sims?
Mad Poster
#4054 Old Today at 7:48 PM Last edited by gummilutt : Today at 9:25 PM. Reason: Fixing brainfart
I've never played any of the premades, but I am on fourth generation of my custom hood. I would be further in but I spent years re-creating after the original version was corrupted. The first fourth generation baby was born shortly before the hood went boom, and in this new version he recently turned kid. And I have to say it's kind of ridiculous how attached I am to that little bugger. I did wonder if I'd be able to continue enjoying it since I've spent so many years stuck repeating the stories of generations 1-3 (did four or five restarts of the hood, replicating things), which I guess is sort of like playing premades over and over. I have no trouble giving them personalities and getting invested in fourth generation Karl holds a special place in my heart as the first one, but the others are interesting too.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Field Researcher
#4055 Old Today at 8:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourladyplumbob
I'm going to be so sad when Strangetown's first generation ends. I don't know what it will be like to play... I love these sims because they are so fleshed out; their stories are interesting and unique and interconnecting and I have not a clue how I'll be able to live up to that
For those of you who've played Maxis neighbourhoods past the first gen, how did you find it? Did you find some of the 'magic' was lost? Did you manage to create engaging stories for your sims?

Strangetown is the one I got the furthest with. I was four generations into most bloodlines and six generations into the Loners (I played them first, through a couple of generations, to get the hang of the game) when my computer died. The hood was starting to get big enough that I was having trouble keeping track of who was supposed to marry whom, but I probably would have solved that by not planning it so rigorously in the first place, and by not having every couple have children.

Later hoods tended to fizzle out after a couple of generations, but that, I think, is mainly because I found I liked playing poor Sims, while the game is determined to make them rich no matter what I do! My newest hood will be using Cyjon's Bigger Bills and Job Stopinator in an attempt to keep things more realistic.

Hang in there with Strangetown. The opening stories are powerful enough to carry Sims through future generations, especially if you maintain the characteristics of some of the family groups.
Page 163 of 163