Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 2:58 PM
Replies: 259 (Who?), Viewed: 9552 times.
Page 11 of 11
Scholar
#251 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 9:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrijzePilion
Autoplaying music on web pages is possibly the most annoying thing on the internet, along with those scummy popups about free Potatos or whatever.

I don't agree with you on much, but I agree with you on this. It should be completely illegal. I have a phobia of sound, particularly loud or sudden sounds, so when i'm browsing the internet and something starts playing suddenly it's like a heart attack. I've almost ended up in the hospital a few times from clicking on those joke screaming links with headphones on. X.x I've learned never to click on any links from strangers without completely muting my sound first. It's such a hassle. I have to completely mute my sound every time I go to run a new game until I can get into the settings and turn off the background music that EVERY game seems to have for some god forsaken reason. x.X

inb4 unpopular opinion is unpopular.
Lab Assistant
#252 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 7:24 PM
Quote:
Here's my take: No, they didn't, but you didn't either. There is no "correct" way to do it because one way is realistic but boring and pointless, and the other is better for gameplay purposes but frustrating.

I don't think Inge's way is boring and pointless. I hated that in The Sims games i always had the same furniture because it's the best one. If there was more furniture with the same "stats" there would be a lot more variety and i'd actually pick one according to my personal taste, not because it's the "best".
Alchemist
#253 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 9:13 PM
Do the stats even really matter? Now that I think about it, I'm not really sure they do. I can't remember the last time I found myself paying any particular attention to them; I always just pick what I like best.

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Theorist
#254 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 9:34 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 13th Aug 2017 at 4:01 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroG667
I don't think Inge's way is boring and pointless. I hated that in The Sims games i always had the same furniture because it's the best one. If there was more furniture with the same "stats" there would be a lot more variety and i'd actually pick one according to my personal taste, not because it's the "best".

Definitely agree- I think maybe the furniture should be separated out by style (with fairly similar traits) + a basic cheap utilitarian class.

Sims who enjoy a certain style get a 'bonus' (whatever it is) from the furniture. The cheap basic utilitarian class has no bonuses, and with those you might also get the cheap furniture animations plus penalties to need fulfillment.

With certain pieces of furniture (like beds), you should be able to choose non-visual upgrades to improve sleep, like better mattresses or sheets. Same with seating, storage, etc. to improve their qualities (better comfort, more storage, etc.). If you're willing to do so, you can do all of this upfront.

On the other hand, I think appliances and electronics should still have cheap > good gradient, since that's how they still work IRL. Like in the Sims 3, your sims can upgrade these to some extent, but the real benefits come when you buy a higher class.

I would also find it interesting if purchasing furniture was an actual event that the sims did. I remember being really excited for certain pieces of furniture to show up in Bustin Out and the Urbz, since they didn't show up often (scarcity drove up perceived value). Maybe a certain class of "fancy" furniture could be acquired that way, or normal furniture for a bargain.
Inventor
#255 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 10:46 PM
@MikeHibbert what song did you have on that page for a while? Was it that song which you had used in the Kickstarter video?
Lab Assistant
#256 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 1:45 AM
Quote:
Do the stats even really matter? Now that I think about it, I'm not really sure they do. I can't remember the last time I found myself paying any particular attention to them; I always just pick what I like best.

In TS2 cheap beds fill energy extremely slow. It's frustrating.
Lab Assistant
#257 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 8:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogz2007
@MikeHibbert what song did you have on that page for a while? Was it that song which you had used in the Kickstarter video?

Yep. I licensed it from some website that sells music

Mike

Support La Vida @ https://www.patreon.com/lavida
Inventor
#258 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 9:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHibbert
Yep. I licensed it from some website that sells music

Mike

Too bad you didn't put your Morgan Freeman impersonation on there. XD Ah I remember that video like it was yesterday.
Lab Assistant
#259 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogz2007
Too bad you didn't put your Morgan Freeman impersonation on there. XD Ah I remember that video like it was yesterday.

Hehe, I might resurrect it for later ... maybe some mock tv advert on the widescreen :D

Mike

Lab Assistant
#260 Old Today at 5:54 PM Last edited by MikeHibbert : Today at 6:50 PM.
Hi Guys

Its that time of the week again! LIVE coding with higher rez video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELgHZKhYiww

Also, please note, I'm going to be moving house over the next two weeks I'll have a limited amount of time to develop and share!
I'm only planning to be offline for a couple of weeks so thanks for your patience!

Mike

Page 11 of 11