Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Generations: Fixes For "Natural"*Family Portrait & Dream of the Windrunner Paintings

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 1,145 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 80,870 Views
Uploaded: 13th Jul 2011 at 6:28 PM
Updated: 13th Jul 2011 at 7:49 PM
This mod will enable two hidden alternate images for the "Natural" Family Portrait and Dream of the Windrunner paintings that came with Generations.

Hate that goofy looking painting with that family where the father has purple hair? Yeah, me too. Even more annoying is the fact that EA made actual nice looking family portraits for that painting and even included them but you can't use them in game. I've enabled these two alternate images, a normal looking family and a family dressed in bunny suits, for you to enjoy in addition to that ugly purple haired freak painting.

Like the unicorn painting that came with Generations? Yeah, that's a nice piece of fantasy art isn't it. Did you know there's two more textures for that painting that you can't access in the game? Well, there are and now you can enjoy a fairy painting and a painting of some flowers in addition to your unicorn.
I don't know why EA paid someone to make these nice textures and then never bothered to include them in the game but it annoyed me so I enabled them. These modify the OBJD files on both paintings using cmomoney's tutorial to enable the two missing textures in place of the second and third variations of the painting. These will replace the default painting, I did it this way rather than having 2 of basically the same painting taking up space. All I did was add the links to the missing textures everything else remains the same.

Conflicts:

This mod will conflict with any mod that alters paintingGenAwkwardFamilyPhoto.OBJD (ID: 000000000098A744) or paintingGenTeenFantasy.ODJB (ID: 000000000098A743) including EA patches should they actually fix these at some point.

Additional Credits: S3OC S3PE Thanks Inge Jones for explaining to me how to make a default replacement, and to Cmomoney for the tutorial on how to enable these paintings.