Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 6:27 PM
Default Uv map problem - Any way to unwrap model map?
When i map my mesh from any side (top, front) it looks good at the mentioned sides but the other sides are stretched and look bad. IS there any way to map the object at each side so that patterns would apply correctly? Is there any way to unwrap a mesh in milskhape 3d and if there is how to do it?

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 7:01 PM
It helps to use a checkered texture when mapping. It also looks like you're doing a remap of all faces at once, select only a side at a time then remap and remap accordingly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 7:13 PM
Well thats the problem! I dont know how to select each side! If i knew how to select just sides of the mesh i wouldve remaped this easily... Help how to do this?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 7:44 PM
I'm not sure if there are other/better ways to do it, but I do it in the manner of this tutorial, in which you separate each side from the rest of the mesh, map each part, then regroup it all again. Although the tutorial is for The Sims 2 and it is for a CAS item rather than an object, the Milkshape techniques are the same - hope this helps: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=145153
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 8:53 PM
EsmeraldaF, i have actually seen this tutorial before... And thats the way i map my items, but now its a bit different situation... Does anyone know how to unwrap a MAP in milkshape?

EDIT: lol , I have just tried and it works. Silly me. I managed to select those vetices...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 9:52 PM
Again me. Fixed the uv maps, but when i tested object in game it turned black! In workshop it looks awesome but in game looks black (2nd picture, sofas behind the orange one). When im using recolor tool and changing its color it is fine, but when i hit ok the mesh turns black again. Anyone know what is causing this?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 9:04 AM
Can anyone please help me?
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 10:04 AM
Zvezdan, please do not double post, if you wand to add something - use Edit button and edit your previous post instead of adding new one.
Some people don't come here everyday, so if you want to get help, please be more patient.

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 10:29 PM
Hmm I dont know maybe disable pattern b and c.
It might be best to ask questions regarding tsrw at thesimsresource.
They usually eventually get to it
or here http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=631
Sockpuppet
#10 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 10:36 PM
probably a texture issue here, wrong format or wrong alpha edits.
Try again with the original textures
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 2:05 PM
It is fixed now.. I just imported all the stuff in the new project... lame