Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 9:36 PM
Default A Picture Tutorial for Creating Pet Careers
I have written a tutorial for creating Pet careers. They are more difficult than regular careers because you can't use Bidou's Career Editor in SimPE. It was written with WordPad. I hope everyone finds it useful.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MTS2 Pet Career Tutorial.rar (2.35 MB, 593 downloads) - View custom content

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 5:11 PM
sweet! Yes! Finally now i can do Pet
careers!

B.B.s Back!!! See this Thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=264996
Keep your eyes peeled for my new medieval goodies set
P.S. I will Not be Retiring
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 9:00 PM
I'm glad you like it. I hope I explained things well.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 6:57 AM
Hey, I have a question, what happens if I just add up the values for the days of the week I want the pet to work and enter that value in the Dec box? Isn't it the same as converting them to Hex yourself?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 10:13 PM
It's kind of screwy but no, it would not come out with the same value.

For example: if the three values in question are 07, 08, and 10 in decimal and you added them together you would get 25. 25 in hex is 19. However if you do it place by place (which is what you need to do to make it work right), you have a 1 in the tens place and a 15 in the ones place, which since 1 is still 1 in hex and 15 is F, you get the value 1F.

This is probably kind of a moot point anyway, since the new career editor can do a pet career and that's a much easier way of making a career.

Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 4:43 AM
Oh, ok, I get the idea.
So, it's not the same as sims careers? because when making custom careers for adults and teens, I'd just add up the numbers, but this are specific numbers that I found in a tutorial, the one called "Basic Careers for Beginers" or something like that, I don't remember who wrote it. Maybe this person worked out the numbers that would have been displayed in the Dec box... I don't know, I don't know Hex and I'm just starting in this whole "create custom content business"; but it worked in game, my sims go to work the days I want them to.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 12:40 PM
I believe it does work the same as in a regular Sim's career. If the person who wrote that tutorial had a method that works for you you could probably use it for the pet career as well.

Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 9:06 PM
The file isn't working for me but I just need one thing. What are the numbers that join to the commands?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 3:15 PM
I assume you mean commands like Shake and Stay?

1 = Stay
2 = Come Here
3 = Play Dead
4 = Speak
5 = Shake
6 = Sit Up
7 = Roll Over

They go in Behavior Constant: Tuning - Needed Commands on lines 0, 2, and 4.
The number for the command to get promoted to level 2 goes on line 0, the number for the command to get promoted to level 3 goes on line 2, and the number for the command required to get promoted to level 4 goes on line 4.

Was that what you were looking for?

Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 2:46 AM
Sorry, but I don't find this useful because it's not simple enough for me.

I get lost at step 2 and anything after that.

If it's any consolation to you... I don't like that thing either. It sickens me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 10:04 PM
Sorry it didn't help you.

Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FennShysa
I'm glad you like it. I hope I explained things well.

how do you clone the pet career???

MATHGIRLKY CREATIONS
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 5:17 PM
I want different descriptions for cats and dogs, but I couldn't find in the tutorial how to do that. Can anyone help?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 10:47 AM
mathgirlky: Step 1 in the tutorial explains how to do this. At least, it does with the version of SimPE I was using at the time. What problem are you having exactly in cloning the pet career. It's been quite a while since I did any of this but I can try to help if you tell me a little more about where it's not working for you.

lientebollemeis: Do you mean that you want the cat and dog descriptions within the same pet career to be different from each other? If so, I don't know if there's a way to do this. I haven't found out how. I think if you want that the best way might be to make a separate career for each.

Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 1:57 PM
Yes, that was what I meant, but I already made separate careers for each.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 8:03 PM
What! You mean you didn't wait a year on my response before acting? Shame on you. Seriously though, sorry I couldn't help.