Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2018 at 10:39 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default how to change geneticized and townified skins and eyes to custom with simpe
Hi, i have download skins and eyes that are geneticized and townified. i like the skins and eyes , but i don't want them to spawn on townies , cause they were perfect for my alien subhood. so i would like to try to change that in SimPE , if possible. I'm looking around but really i'm not sure how to do. For the skin i have a picture added, is this working when i change the genetic from 0,235 to 0 ? or do i have to do something else? And how do i do that with eyes? pictures are always welcome to help
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th May 2018 at 2:46 PM
You set the genetic value to 0, and Flags to 0x00000008. For clothes you may also have to set a random number for the Family value (looks like it's fine in the picture above)
Scholar
#3 Old 30th May 2018 at 2:57 PM
Almighty Hat wrote a tutorial on how to do a lot of things with SimPE, one of which was altering the Flags setting to townie-enable things (like skins and eyes). I'd imagine that to disable them for townies while still having them for your playables using the genetic values, you'd want to reverse the setting:
You're in the right place with the Skintone XML, but instead of having "Flags: 0x00000000", reset it to 0x00000008. Incidentally, integers will auto-correct, so just delete the string, type "8" and hit commit. Then make sure you save the file!

However, I recommend testing it out before unleashing them in your main hood: remove other skins to eliminate confusion and batch-create some townies in a test hood - if they only use the default skintones, you should be good to go!

As for eyes, I'm guessing that the flags setting should be set the same way. I'd need to check my custom ones (which I know to be geneticized - I did it myself) to see what they say before I can be sure though. Hat doesn't mention those

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th May 2018 at 6:05 PM
Many thanks. that was easier then i thought it would be. i take downloads and neighborhood out of my game. (only the skins and eyes i changend are in the downloads folder) and i made a test hood to test. I made a sim and set him in a lot, then i let the townie maker makes townies. then i click on the mailbox and click "let me know everyone" - then i take a look at the sims my sim knows and any sim has maxis skins and eyes, so i think it worked? or how should i test it? I'm not sure, sorry.
Scholar
#5 Old 30th May 2018 at 7:29 PM
That was the test - it sounds as though you set the flags correctly. I'd've expected a few to spawn with CC genetics if any had still been townified. Great job!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th May 2018 at 10:00 PM
Yeah! with this explanation it was really easy. Many thanks!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 30th May 2018 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You set the genetic value to 0, and Flags to 0x00000008. For clothes you may also have to set a random number for the Family value (looks like it's fine in the picture above)

@simmer22 Do you know what and where I would set baby clothes. I had a birth yesterday and instead of a naked baby I got one wearing an outfit. Not yours, I think off Tumblr, it looks like a converted sims 4 outfit. I am assuming it is townified?
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 31st May 2018 at 1:44 PM
I think those are towniefied, yes (not mine - they're by beautifulnerdkitty. I usually don't towniefy the clothes I make, and if I do I usually also add in a non-towniefied version).

I think you have to change the same lines as for other towniefied clothes.