Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 5:32 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bodyshop wont start
Hey guys, after many years of break I thought to design some clothes to the sims two, but the sims 2 bodyshop wont start. Is there another version of bodyshop I can download? Because no matter how much i push the bodyshop icon, it just do not want to load the program. Any ideas or suggestion please?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 5:36 AM
Did you delete the cache files?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babe77
Hey guys, after many years of break I thought to design some clothes to the sims two, but the sims 2 bodyshop wont start. Is there another version of bodyshop I can download? Because no matter how much i push the bodyshop icon, it just do not want to load the program. Any ideas or suggestion please?

There are a few things you can do:
1. Make sure you open the bodyshop of the last EP that you have.
2. Delete the cache files in The Sims 2 folder.
3. Open the Task manager to see if the program is loading. It depends on how fast you pc is, but on my last pc it could take up to 10 or 20 minutes before the program opened and still was loading. But it was already loading in task manager.
4. When opening bodyshop don't do anything else on your pc

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 9:39 AM
My body Shop use to take 40 minutes and looked like it was doing nothing for at least 10, so if you have much cc you need to be very patient. I would open task manager after a few minutes to see if it was working in there, if it was I left it alone.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 10:32 AM
In the task manager you can see how much RAM a program is using. I think Bodyshop needs +100 (or at least that's what I am waiting for when loading) to know when it's going to start.
As Joandsarah77 said, the more cc, the longer the loading time.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 5:53 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. I noticed i needed to use that body shop in the EP2 folder , the others do not not work. I have 16 gig ram memory, so it loads quickly, even though i have quite many cc.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 11:27 PM
Programs>EA Games>M&G>Body Shop. Unless of course you are on the UC, I think it might be Fun with pets folder. That is the path for win 7 anyway, win 10 probably says something else.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 1:57 AM
I have windows 8.1 I had it on my acer laptop too, that i gave to my niece, when I bought my refurbished MSI laptop. By the way, where is my finished cc going, in what folder?! I can not see it in my Downloads folder.!?
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Programs>EA Games>M&G>Body Shop. Unless of course you are on the UC, I think it might be Fun with pets folder. That is the path for win 7 anyway, win 10 probably says something else.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 2:32 AM
I Found them, they where in the project folder
Quote: Originally posted by Babe77
I have windows 8.1 I had it on my acer laptop too, that i gave to my niece, when I bought my refurbished MSI laptop. By the way, where is my finished cc going, in what folder?! I can not see it in my Downloads folder.!?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 12:23 PM
No, they're not. Finished files from Bodyshop end up in the SavedSims folder, NOT the project folder.

The files in the project folders are the template for those that end up in SavedSims, but they won't show up ingame, and they lack some important resources.

Also, you need to use the Bodyshop version that came with the latest released EP you have. M&G is considered a mini-EP by the game, so if you have M&G (or Fun with Pets, or the Ultimate Collection), you need to use the M&G Bodyshop version.