Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 11:30 AM
Default Plumbing Creation Advise...
I am wanting to recolor plumbing exclusively and I was wondering if there is anyone here that could direct me to which types of tutorials I will need? Considering that they are animated and that I will be recoloring water, base and insides and eventually want to make some meshes. There are SO many tutorials in modding, recoloring, etc.!

The first file I am trying to recolor is the alban gabriella hottub from thesimsresource and I noticed that it a. has no mesh and b. has something called a texture override. How do you find out what object texture overrides reference as I'm confused to whether or not this dl is referencing something from an ep i do not own.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 5:43 PM
Is this a CC hottub or an EA hottub? Could you provide a link to the hottub you wish to recolor?

Usually when you recolor plumbing, you only need to recolor the fixture. The water textures are referenced. If you want to recolor the water, that will be a slightly more complicated than a simple recolor.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...