Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 2:13 PM
Default New Desktop Specs - good enough for TS3?
Hey ho everyone...

I'm due a new desktop in Nov (for me birfday), and I'd like to know if these specs are good enough for TS3 to run in 1080p, hopefully with as little freezing as possible. I will, of course, be using NRASS mods - as I currently do on my laptop that dies whenever I run TS3 - so those will help with lag/stuck Sims etc...

Basic specs are:

CPU Type - Intel Core i7 8700
CPU Speed - 3.2 GHz
CPU Boost/Turbo Speed - 4.6 GHz
Memory - 16Gb DDR4 RAM
SSD Drive - 240Gb
HDD Drive - 1TB
Graphics - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070 (can't afford the 1080; was told it would be overkill for simming and World of Warcrafting)
GPU Memory - 8Gb
OS - Windoze 10

It is upgradable to 32Gb RAM in the future, if I so choose...
Any advice/experiences with TS3 and this kind of machine would be much appreciated

Cheers all,
Enjoji

PS - If this is in the wrong section, please let me know and I'll move it; I just wasn't sure where to put it.

...Titanium white...
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 2:38 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Hey ho everyone...

I'm due a new desktop in Nov (for me birfday), and I'd like to know if these specs are good enough for TS3 to run in 1080p, hopefully with as little freezing as possible. I will, of course, be using NRASS mods - as I currently do on my laptop that dies whenever I run TS3 - so those will help with lag/stuck Sims etc...

Basic specs are:

CPU Type - Intel Core i7 8700
CPU Speed - 3.2 GHz
CPU Boost/Turbo Speed - 4.6 GHz
Memory - 16Gb DDR4 RAM
SSD Drive - 240Gb
HDD Drive - 1TB
Graphics - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070 (can't afford the 1080; was told it would be overkill for simming and World of Warcrafting)
GPU Memory - 8Gb
OS - Windoze 10

It is upgradable to 32Gb RAM in the future, if I so choose...
Any advice/experiences with TS3 and this kind of machine would be much appreciated

Cheers all,
Enjoji

PS - If this is in the wrong section, please let me know and I'll move it; I just wasn't sure where to put it.

I think it's perfect. Probably a bit overkill but if that's what you can afford, go for it!
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 4:34 PM
Thank you both for the replies - I didn’t realise that information was in the simswiki, so thank you very much for the link Deestar 🙂.
I also plan to play a few other games on this PC - especially the ones that I have missed out on recently like Rise of the Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed Origins, Far Cry Primal and 2 Point Hospital - but if it’s overkill for TS3 (which will be my main game) then it sounds like a winner overall! Thanks again 🙂

...Titanium white...