Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 11:52 PM
Default What's Your Avatar About/Representing and Why Did You Pick It?
My avatar is just a picture of my Sim, Bronco. I picked it because he's my favorite Sim, and so far, he's the only Sim I've ever cared about when it comes to aging and dying. I try to keep him as young as possible, and make him breed with as many female Sims as he can find to pass on his genes. And while I already know he's not real, I still think he's smexy.

So, what's your avatar's history?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 11:54 PM
It's my simself.

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 11:57 PM
when you said breed, I automatically thought animal lol....

My avatar isn't a sim, idk when i make one i like as much as you like bronco, i might make it my avatar! Anyway, my avatar is a pic I drew for a friend, he really liked x-23 from marvel vs capcom 3, so he asked me to draw him a pic... i rather liked how it came out, but as i don't have a scanner the quality of the pic isn't awesome.... oh well!

so that's my avatar's story... :D
Inventor
#4 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 12:13 AM Last edited by GigaRevival : 9th Nov 2011 at 5:24 AM.
I really like Moss from IT Crowd. There's really no story behind it. I just needed an avatar and it appealed to me. Plus, it's friendly!

Edit: It is now the Silence from Doctor Who... just because. *shrug*

"Goonies never say die."
Forum Resident
#5 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 12:43 AM
My avatar, a drawing of Chell, is the esoteric, silent protagonist of Portal and in the single-player campaign of Portal 2. Although Chell's origins are unknown, she was definitely among the people present during GLaDOS' activation in 200-, as GLaDOS locked down the facility immediately afterward; information revealed in Portal 2 implies that Chell was the child of an Aperture scientist and was touring the facility on Bring Your Daughter To Work Day when GLaDOS took over. According to the psychological profile in her personnel file, Chell is "abnormally stubborn" and refuses to ever give up, no matter how daunting the challenge.

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Scholar
#6 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 12:54 AM
My avatar is a picture of Barbara Gordon as Oracle. For those unfamiliar, she is a member of the Batman family. She is Jim Gordon's daughter and she used to be Batgirl until the Joker shot her, paralyzing her from the waist down. Now she feeds Batman and the rest of the Batman family their information, hacks into protected databases and sites to gather more information, and is generally an untouchable, nigh godlike figure in her ability to get things done with information and computers.

...She's awesome. :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 1:01 AM
My avatar represents one of my personalities (Yes I have splits.) The "Freeman" As I called it, is the humorous yet sophisticated. Just like the sim made for this personality, Dr. S. Freeman, I have to change him up a bit, but. He works in the science career aswell as owns a local cafe down Terminal City.

I have a sudden feeling to clean my room.

[WIP] Terminal City
Terminal City, Veto to the People! §
------------------
[WIP] Dumbell Tenements
You can call me Doc.
Scholar
#8 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 1:02 AM
Well, mine's probably pretty obvious. lol

Shockingly enough, I didn't even create it, but I have heavily edited it. The original one had lost a lot of quality to being uploaded to where it was or something like that.

I totally would have a Simself picture with a bassoon instead, but you know bassoons don't exist in The Sims world.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Scholar
#9 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 4:22 AM
Mine fluctuates between pokemon gifs and random pictures from Bogleech .

It's a foongus OH DON'T GET ME STARTED ON FOONGUS. <3 I'm thinking of changing it though, I get bored so easily. Maybe something from this girl, she gives me an artboner.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 4:50 AM Last edited by hello2u08 : 12th Sep 2011 at 3:40 AM.
actually, my avatar is completely unique, you cannot find it anywhere on the web except as my avatars.

The reason why is I made it myself. (by the way of gimp 2.0 and unfreez)

The reason it exists is because it was originally for a java applet, but I cut that project.

It is stored on my computer and I'll give it to anyone who wants it, just don't use it as your avatar.

PM me about it

Please be advised that a noticeable taste of blood is not part of any test protocol but is an unintended side effect of the Aperture Science Material Emancipation Grill, which may, in semi-rare cases, emancipate dental fillings, crowns, tooth enamel, and teeth.
Scholar
#11 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 5:11 AM
It's my face. But I change it a bit with photo program. Then it makes my face shaped into a box.

Hey there! :)
Field Researcher
#12 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 6:17 AM
My avatar is a .gif animation of Tulio from the 2000 Dreamworks movie called The Road to El Dorado. I chose it because I thought it conveys a sentiment of mild abhorrence -- something I feel adds to my general ethos in the Debate Room.

One S, two As.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 7:28 AM
I had a summer job at a high quality bakery. This is a close up of the first batch of "biskvier" I made all on my own.

The "biskvi" is one of the standard treats you will find in pretty much every Swedish café. On a chewy base of baked almond paste, you put chocolate buttercream. Then you coat the buttercream with dark chocolate. They are delicious, and the ones I learned to make at the bakery are the best I ever had.

Excuse me, I have to go inte the kitchen now. (***goes to check if there are enough almonds to make a batch right now***)
Alchemist
#14 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 1:29 PM
It's Sara Bareilles, my oh-so-abnormal crush. Abnormal for me. Makes me wonder, really.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 11:58 PM
I thought this over again and again... what can I chose for my Avie? It had to be simple, yet complex. It needed to express the sarcastic and chaotic nature of me, with still adding a touch of humor. So I compromised.

Simple - Check
Sarcastic - sure... yeah.
Chaotic - whatever
Humor - none whatsoever.

Anyway, my siggie addresses the somewhat problematic aspect of... oh I give up. It leaves you no question who you are typing to. ME!!!! *muses to self* I need to have a avatar that leaves no question of the GENDER of me. One of my fave things to do on the internet is telling people the guy you have been talking to is female...
And there goes the fire station down the street. Sigh.
~123blissb

"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert Heinlein
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 12:05 AM
I've been watching the show Psych a lot recently and love it. So I picked Shawn, the main character.
In every episode in the show there's a pineapple hidden somewhere, so I figured why not use a pic of that. :P
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 3:49 AM
I love my avatar, it signifies the significance of the significant Other. With regard to the issue of content, the disjunctive perturbation of the spatial relationships visually and conceptually activates the essentially transitional quality, especially when conjoined within toxic pomposity of negative space. Ahhh... the iconicity of the Exploratory motifs visually and conceptually activates the essentially transitional quality, though I am troubled by how the internal dynamic of the biomorphic forms verges on codifying the accessibility of the work. I mean really, just try entering this work when the mechanical mark-making of the figurative-narrative line-space matrix spatially undermines the substructure of critical thinking and you'll see how difficult it is to conceptualize the inconceivable negativity of the Other.

Or possible, I just hate labels. Same thing really...
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coffeebreak
I love my avatar, it signifies the significance of the significant Other. With regard to the issue of content, the disjunctive perturbation of the spatial relationships visually and conceptually activates the essentially transitional quality, especially when conjoined within toxic pomposity of negative space. Ahhh... the iconicity of the Exploratory motifs visually and conceptually activates the essentially transitional quality, though I am troubled by how the internal dynamic of the biomorphic forms verges on codifying the accessibility of the work. I mean really, just try entering this work when the mechanical mark-making of the figurative-narrative line-space matrix spatially undermines the substructure of critical thinking and you'll see how difficult it is to conceptualize the inconceivable negativity of the Other.

Or possible, I just hate labels. Same thing really...

This is a joke right?
You don't have an avatar.

Please be advised that a noticeable taste of blood is not part of any test protocol but is an unintended side effect of the Aperture Science Material Emancipation Grill, which may, in semi-rare cases, emancipate dental fillings, crowns, tooth enamel, and teeth.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#19 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 7:26 PM
Mine avatar is just a picture of me (and my hobby).

Yeah, I'm an adrenalin junkie.

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Field Researcher
#20 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 8:28 PM
Mine's of the Ghostwriter from my favorite TV cartoon show as a kid, Danny Phantom. I feel like he represents me, because we both stay locked in a room filled with books and are on the computer/writing all day.

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Forum Resident
#21 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 9:31 PM
My avatar isn't actually an avatar but a logo. It represents me as a creator and hopefully one day people will see it and immediately think, "Oh, I know that logo. That's Morphead's work." I used to change it all the time as I got bored of it easily, but I was watermarking my creation uploads with it so decided to make something I could live with for a long time. After some time in Fw liked this one enough to keep it. I've been thinking about changing it, but I've still yet to research what consequences, if any, would arise from that.

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 11:30 PM
My avatar is a picture of Aaliyah, an R&B singer who died in a plane crash at 22 years old. She was one of the first singers I actually idolized and I was very upset when I heard the news of her death. I chose to use her picture as my avatar because I think she was absolutely gorgeous, I still listen to her music frequently, and I always liked the fact that she played on her vocal strengths and understood her limits. Too many singers are eager to push their voices to the breaking point just so they can attempt to reach notes that are not possible for them, but Aaliyah accepted the fact that she had a very soft but smooth singing voice.
Test Subject
#23 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 10:02 AM
I don't really know how to explain mine..... I just like it cause it makes me confused and happy all at the same time
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SyrupFiend
I don't really know how to explain mine..... I just like it cause it makes me confused and happy all at the same time

Yes, confused is one word for your avatar.

~123blissb

"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert Heinlein
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 4:43 PM
THT is so COOL
I think it is cool so ya i dont think i could do tht
so good work keep ot up
Page 1 of 8