Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 9:16 PM
Default I found out last night that my grandmother died
No she didn't die last night, she died over a year ago and no one in my damn family decided they would tell me. The last thing anyone told me was that she was in a nursing home, and I just assumed someone would say if something happened so I just figured she was still okay. Last night I started thinking about her and decided to Google her name, which brought up an obituary from July 26, 2015 saying she died 2 days earlier. I asked my mom about it, and she just put the blame on my dad like it was his responsibility to tell me. I guess my family just doesn't care enough about me to tell me things like this. In December it will be 10 years since my grandfather died, oh and yeah my parents never told me about that either my sister was the one to tell me several months later. So both grandparents are gone from my dad's side of the family, and I never even knew until it was too late which means I didn't even get to go to the funerals.

This was the last thing I needed while trying to deal with my depression. Things were looking really good for a while, but now I'm just a complete mess again because of this. I wish I could join my grandparents right now, I just don't think I can take anymore of this life.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 12:52 AM
I am so sorry about your grandmother. My first thought on why they didn't tell you was maybe they thought it would contribute to your depression. But since they didn't tell you about your grandfather, either, I don't know what to think.

Anyway, I'm sorry.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 7:27 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, my grandmother died two weeks after your grandmother. My father called me when it happened and I went to the funeral, but I haven't heard from him since then. As I grow older the family relationships I had as a child become more distant and it's really sad. But at the same time I can't truly understand what others are going through and so can't make judgements about whether they are psychologically able to give me what I need. Maybe they suffer from many of the same issues as I do or worse. It's virtually impossible for individuals to give other people what they need if they haven't reached the point where they are able to heal themselves. It is really difficult to negotiate human interaction when we are all so different but please don't give up.

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 9:27 PM
@smorbie1 My parents just don't seem to want to tell me things anymore. My depression wasn't even bothering me when my grandmother died (it didn't start to act up again until earlier this year), so I don't understand why I wasn't told. It's sad because I not only still live with my parents but my sister and her family as well, yet I feel completely alone here since no one ever wants to talk with me. Just being here fuels my depression because it seems like no one cares.

@simbalena It seems kind of eerie that your grandmother died so soon after mine, it kind of gave me chills reading that to be honest. I know all too well what it's like to become distant with family. Most of my family I haven't seen or heard from since we moved to New York, which was about 17 years ago. I mean sure I could find ways to reach out to them, but the fact that they haven't tried to reach out to me at all makes me not want to try. You talk about having issues, and I don't know if they're anything that bad or not but I know how tough it is dealing with problems. Don't worry I don't expect you to talk about any of it, though I don't mind if you want to in fact I've made some good friends here by talking about our problems through PMs. I'm trying not to give up, even though it's hard to deal with things anymore. Everything seems to be falling apart, and there's only one really positive thing in my life right now and if I lost that I would give up for sure. To be honest I wouldn't have made it this far if it wasn't for some of those friends I've made.

Oh and thank you both. It's nice to see that there are caring people left out there.
Instructor
#5 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 11:47 AM
i know it's late but i do know how it's like to lose someone

my grandfather died last year in october, he died of his illness (not cancer though) and his old age (he was 86)

and almost 10 years ago i lost my grandmother and she died right before valentine from cancer

i lost 2 other people aswell and it was 2 friends from my parents, 1 of them died of cancer too and the other one commited suicide after he became depressed
me and my old friend used to be so close to each other before her grandmother died of cancer and before her grandfather commited suicide, what happend to that ?

me and my old friend aren't speaking to each other for 2 years now (almost 3 years now though) it's like we are hating each other now before we became a teenager (i'm now 20)
we we're drifted apart right before her grandmother (also my mom's best friend) died of cancer but it became to bad to worse after then

the whole family of my old friend aren't contacting to my parents after my dad's best friend (also my old friend her grandfather) killed himself,
nothing has been the same after that

nothing is been the same after my grandmother died
nothing is been the same after my grandfather died either

all of my family are drifted apart since then, they hate each other now especially my aunt from my mom's youngest sister
she doesn't want to have anything to do with my family expect her daughter and her granddaughter

my family used to be so close what happened to that?
my mom's siblings used to be so close to each other but now they are hating each other!

but right before my grandmother died i feel like an outcast or something just because i learn a bit slowly and have a low IQ (i'm also the youngest of my whole family, even from my dad's side)
i never got so close to any of my cousins, expect one cousin who is 1 year older then me! (i also have a sister but since i became a teenager we are fighting all the time with one simple of things and i never do things right to her so since then we aren't so close to each other anymore)

but luckily me i have a couple of friends or else i'd give up with my life a long time ago!
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 10:35 PM
i apologize for the double posting i put on here now (i'm just not in the mood to edit it)
but i belongs more to my friends then my own family since i feel like an outcast to my family already

i spend more time with my friends then with my own family but like i said earlier, we don't spend the time with our whole family anymore after a few years my grandma had died of cancer
(in about the next month it's exactly 10 years ago that my grandma has died in 2008, a day before valentine)

it's like we are some strangers now and most family are close to my parents's house. some family are in a different city though!

but with a few friends i spend more time with them then with a few other friends, and some of my friends i see them often and some other friends i'll see them once in awhile
but i spend the time with them that's for sure and i belong more to them then with my family.

the reason i belong more to my friends are because i Always have someone to talk to and not spending the time with my mobile, we have the same taste by some of the things
like: drawning/painting, talking about girls stuff, have a fun sleepover, watching movies we both like and so forth, that's why!

and sure i lost a few friends by the time we are growing out to each other (i had that a few times) but it's like i belong more to them then with my own family you see?