Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2013 at 12:21 AM
Default Looking for a "Can still do your duties even while Pregnant" Mod
Pregnancy shouldn't be a reason to not attend to your daily duties. Even if carrying another life inside of you is a lot of work in itself, so long as you feel you are up for extra work.

So are there other mods available aside from Shimrod's "Pregnant SIMs can still use training dummies" mod out there?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st May 2013 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
Pregnancy shouldn't be a reason to not attend to your daily duties. Even if carrying another life inside of you is a lot of work in itself, so long as you feel you are up for extra work.

So are there other mods available aside from Shimrod's "Pregnant SIMs can still use training dummies" mod out there?

Not that I know of.
Part of the reason for stopping sims in late pregnancy from going about their normal business is in case they get trapped in labor somewhere that isn't home. They should only be returning home when they're due to go into labor, and enough time should be given for them to make that trip from wherever they are, I don't know how easily they cancel out of an interaction and return home when the birth is imminent if an object has been classed as being ok for late pregnancy, and the training dummy mod isn't one I've ever used.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2013 at 2:19 AM
I just had a successful birth with my King...

I play Homosexual SIMs as I am gay in real life & therefore am also using Grim's Core mod

.. Right after a "practice" session on the Training dummy. I wasn't able to grab a screenshot as the birth happened so fast.
Scholar
#4 Old 1st May 2013 at 7:38 AM
Where about was the birth Father when he gave birth and where were the training dummies?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st May 2013 at 1:13 PM
He was inside the castle on the second floor. I had placed a training dummy near the vicinity of the bed area/room. I would also like to note that he autonomously "practiced" with the training dummy before the birth as I sped up the time for when he was supposed to go back to the castle. Before this instance he was outside of the castle because I had him do a task for the quest he was partaking. And when he had to go back into the castle I sped time (to cut out the walking it takes to go back) but as soon as he got back I still had the time sped up & he autonomously practiced on the dummy. I only got to decrease the speed after I noticed what he was doing. Then after the timer (for the training/practice session) was over out came his baby LOL.

And I'd also like to add that I was really surprised at how quick a birth in SIMs Medieval takes place.... not unlike in SIMs 3 where the pregnant SIM First goes into labor pains and requires you to have them stay at home or be taken to the hospital.
Scholar
#6 Old 1st May 2013 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
He was inside the castle on the second floor. I had placed a training dummy near the vicinity of the bed area/room. I would also like to note that he autonomously "practiced" with the training dummy before the birth as I sped up the time for when he was supposed to go back to the castle. Before this instance he was outside of the castle because I had him do a task for the quest he was partaking. And when he had to go back into the castle I sped time (to cut out the walking it takes to go back) but as soon as he got back I still had the time sped up & he autonomously practiced on the dummy. I only got to decrease the speed after I noticed what he was doing. Then after the timer (for the training/practice session) was over out came his baby LOL.

And I'd also like to add that I was really surprised at how quick a birth in SIMs Medieval takes place.... not unlike in SIMs 3 where the pregnant SIM First goes into labor pains and requires you to have them stay at home or be taken to the hospital.

The fact that it's been okayed for use in late pregnancy means it will still be autonomous.
The concern is if he's in the training yard, say, does he cancel out to go home when labor is due to start, or will labor hold off till he's done and home again.
I have the teddy bear mod that improves stats and that can be used late pregnancy. If there's one lying around the pregnant sim will play with that through the whole labor and the baby appears when she puts it down.
Looks like labor gets over-ridden by any object nearby that's usable which is maybe why they're disallowed. Which brings it back to... if your sim is due to go into labor while using items elsewhere will they still get kicked home when it's time or will labor get over-ridden and the baby be born elsewhere instead, which I'm fairly sure will end up causing problems if that happens.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st May 2013 at 6:26 PM
@ChickieTeeta;

I'm up for a test if that'd be okay witn you....

But first I have to murder my King's husband & their kid... and I'm not really up for it right now :D
Instructor
#8 Old 5th May 2013 at 4:15 AM Last edited by grimreefer24601 : 5th May 2013 at 6:15 AM.
I'll look into the code, and see what I can do. As Chickie said it may cause errors elsewhere, so give me a bit.

May the Fourth be with you.