Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 12:18 AM
Nah dawg. Overcast skies, winds, and cold temperatures are the best. Customisable weather and seasons now. And not in the form of that stupid bullshit weather stone statue.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Why would you? Weather is an awful thing. Let's just have clear skies and 20 degrees every day. Let's not impose that same burden upon our Sims.

Not sure if sarcasm or
Mad Poster
#28 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 11:14 AM
Weather is a no-laughing matter. I wouldn't want to saddle the Sim world with the same problems that I experience as a direct result of unnecessary shit like clouds.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#29 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 11:28 AM
I desperately want weather but with TS2 and TS3 it's always got to be one of the last EPs, then if I also want to ask for a University then I probably asking for too much.
Theorist
#30 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 2:58 PM
Weather is a no-laughing matter. I wouldn't want to saddle the Sim world with the same problems that I experience as a direct result of unnecessary shit like clouds.

Please enlighten us as to exactly what burdensome problems you experience as a direct result of clouds? :\

When your skin is as sensitive to the sun as mine is, clouds are the only way I'm even able to go outdoors.

Also WTF is wrong with wanting snow? Snow is the *best* weather.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 7:38 PM
clouds... arent those things something that actually... you know... paved a path to your existence?
Theorist
#32 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Please enlighten us as to exactly what burdensome problems you experience as a direct result of clouds? :\

When your skin is as sensitive to the sun as mine is, clouds are the only way I'm even able to go outdoors.

We all have our different preferences when it comes to weather and climate, so no a particular opinion on that is not the universal one. Personally I have seen and experienced snow and I don't need that nasty stuff again. And predominantly overcast and grey skies can lead to things like Vitamin D deficiency and depression, ask Scandinavia and it's suicide rate in relation to sunnier parts of Europe.

...which is why it is good that in Sims 2 and 3 you can disable certain seasons and just avoid that weather. A Sims game still needs weather and seasons though, because it's an important part of nature and life.
Theorist
#33 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 8:02 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 10th Oct 2017 at 8:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
We all have our different preferences when it comes to weather and climate, so no a particular opinion on that is not the universal one. Personally I have seen and experienced snow and I don't need that nasty stuff again. And predominantly overcast and grey skies can lead to things like Vitamin D deficiency and depression, ask Scandinavia and it's suicide rate in relation to sunnier parts of Europe.

...which is why it is good that in Sims 2 and 3 you can disable certain seasons and just avoid that weather. A Sims game still needs weather and seasons though, because it's an important part of nature and life.

Idk, 1 cup of milk (at least here in Canada) is fortified with 45% of your DRV of Vitamin D. Personally I have seen and experienced sun and I don't need that nasty stuff again. I'll just drink extra milk and wait for the giant nuclear reactor to go away before I go back outside, thanks :\
Mad Poster
#34 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 8:28 PM
I love the weather in sims. It has been pouring rain in my game and a thunderstorm last night in the game in 3. Weather in the game is perfect for people who have issues with it in RL as sims don't have those issues. That is one of the reasons I am back in 3. Got so bored with no weather in 4.
Theorist
#35 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 9:34 PM
Idk, 1 cup of milk (at least here in Canada) is fortified with 45% of your DRV of Vitamin D. Personally I have seen and experienced sun and I don't need that nasty stuff again. I'll just drink extra milk and wait for the giant nuclear reactor to go away before I go back outside, thanks :\

Well then I'm afraid each of us has to stay where we are at the moment and this marriage has no chance of ever working out!

And I'm keeping the blender..

But as I said, in Sims (at least 2 and 3) we thankfully have the choice to adjust weather to whatever we like (I even have a mod for snowless, but cold/cool winters, like they are in real life where I am) and honestly I see no reason why Weather and Seasons should be one of the last EPs in each cycle (in Sims 2 it was only because ti took them so long to get it right, in Sims 3 I'm less inclined to believe that)

Really, by now at least weather should be a base game feature.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 9:37 PM
And I'm keeping the blender..
Fine, so long as you also keep the ugly dishes!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 10:00 PM

Besides blocking out the sun, being really dark and moody so that I need to clutter the entire house with lamps, causing rain and snow, and causing a shit ton of light pollution? I couldn't tell you.
Yes, I know the plants like them, but I'm not a plant.

Yes, except for all the other weather types that don't involve traffic problems, spooky-looking trees that remind you of the fuckin' plague, and Wham's "Last Christmas" being played on repeat at the grocery store.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#38 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:05 AM
I prefer endless summer myself as a hater of cold, for various reasons. But I still want seasons, because with seasons come some funnish activities. Activities I'd never do, but my sims can do. Like ski. I choose life.
Theorist
#39 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
I prefer endless summer myself as a hater of cold, for various reasons. But I still want seasons, because with seasons come some funnish activities. Activities I'd never do, but my sims can do. Like ski. I choose life.

And the autumn always looks pretty cool in Sims as well. With all the pretty-pretty colours the laves change into and all. Though I hope in the future they might be able to adjust it even more, with the grass changing as well and stuff.

...so if there was seasons in Sims 4, would that mean the pink trees (I assume they are meant to be cherry trees) woudl finally turn green and red (in summer and autumn)?
Theorist
#40 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:41 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 11th Oct 2017 at 1:01 AM.
Besides blocking out the sun, being really dark and moody so that I need to clutter the entire house with lamps, causing rain and snow, and causing a shit ton of light pollution? I couldn't tell you.
Yes, I know the plants like them, but I'm not a plant.

Yes, except for all the other weather types that don't involve traffic problems, spooky-looking trees that remind you of the fuckin' plague, and Wham's "Last Christmas" being played on repeat at the grocery store.

Except for the fact that the sun is a giant nuclear reactor that literally gives you radiation burns if you stay under it for too long and eventually turns your skin into leather.

Snow & ice covered trees are the most beautiful sight in the effing world, are you kidding?
What messed up world are you living in where this is not absolutely beautiful?

Also snow only causes Traffic problems because most of the world have never heard of Snow Tires :\

And FFS spend as little time as possible in shopping areas during December, are you insane?!

Personally I hate both heat and sun so winter is ace for me. ice covered trees are associated with actually being able to go outside and fucking survive longer than 3 minutes. And surviving is beautiful. Cold in the winter? Throw on another sweater. Wrap your scarf a bit tighter. wear some yoga pants under your trousers (look fellas, it's fine, no one can see them). If you're too hot in the summer time.. .well fuck you, all you can do is lay around like a beached manatee baking in the sun, and unfortunately there is a limited amount of clothes you can take off before you get arrested or asked never to come back to that restaurant >:

Winter is INFINITELY better than summer and As soon as I have the money I plan to either move to Alaska or Norway, or anywhere else in Scandinavia.
Theorist
#41 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:56 AM
Can we please accept that everybody has different opinions on weather and seasons? Or is the concept that people can have different tastes really THAT foreign to people nowadays?
Theorist
#42 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:58 AM
Can we please accept that everybody has different opinions on weather and seasons? Or is the concept that people can have different tastes really THAT foreign to people nowadays?

I'm just backing up my opinions with logic, not telling anyone they're wrong.

They can decide they're wrong for themselves :3
Theorist
#43 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 1:12 AM
I'm just backing up my opinions with logic, not telling anyone they're wrong.

if you want logic, we could point out that not only has mankind evolved in Africa, a place that doesn't usually feature extreme seasons and that all ancient civilizations developed along the sunny coasts of the Mediterranean (we have the Ancient Greeks, Romans and Egyptians, what have you got?) and not some frozen hellhole. The food is better in warm places (because we don't have to import fruit from half the world away), buildings tend to be more beautiful and brighter and open, people and culture more cheerful. Fashion more stylish and hotter. You can't swim in freezing weather, bad for a water rat like me. You can't have barbies. You can't run around naked. (if you can guess what classical play I'm referencing here you get a cookie) Flowers and plants do better in warm climates (though gotta admit we never quite a springtime like in cold places).
Speaking of frozen hellholes...in Dantes inferno the worst circle of hell, is one of ice and snow, because it's farthest from God's light and warmth.

But I guess you just don't use summer correctly, you northerners never do. During the heat of summer you are supposed to take a nap somewhere nice and shady so that you can enjoy the mild, beautiful summer night. Don't blame the rest of us if you don't use something correctly.

Also why you want to move to Alaska or Norway when you already live in Canada? If anythign you should move to Oymyakan, Russia, the coldest city on Planet Earth:

https://weather.com/travel/news/bre...-world-20140128 (-58 F!)
Scholar
#44 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 1:31 AM Last edited by pirate_wolf_12 : 11th Oct 2017 at 1:42 AM.

Bad take: Disliking seasons because you're afraid of leafless trees.

Good take:

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 2:08 AM
Snow & ice covered trees are the most beautiful sight in the effing world, are you kidding?

I was at a concert years ago at college, and there was an ice storm during it. Came out and it was one of the most beautiful things I had seen. You could wiggle a hedge and it was so frozen it would move for 15 feet or so. Wish I had had a camera at the time.
Scholar
#46 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 2:29 AM
Winter is beautiful, but I hate being cold. I guess some people don't like being hot... my room is about 26 degrees (without heat on!) for most of the year except winter, so I'm extremely accustomed to warm conditions, an extra 4, 5 degrees is nothing to me. Also cold, overcast weather is far too common in my area, summer feels too short... but that's a bit off topic.

I just want a little variety with scenery and seasonal activities. I think since summer looks so pretty, spring, fall and winter in the game would look beautiful too.
Instructor
#47 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 3:31 AM
if you want logic, we could point out that not only has mankind evolved in Africa, a place that doesn't usually feature extreme seasons

That is simply not true, there were substantial climate changes, for starters how did humans arrived in the American continent? by a landbridge that connected Siberia to Alaska that disappeared with the end of the last glacial period, also more to the point, the Sahara was formed when humanity settled there due to climate changes.

Humans might "come out of Africa" but we spread during the last glacial period and thrived.

Quote:
and that all ancient civilizations developed along the sunny coasts of the Mediterranean (we have the Ancient Greeks, Romans and Egyptians, what have you got?) and not some frozen hellhole.

OK so you understand this, oldest known recorded human civilization was in Mesopotamian that was hardly in the "sunny costs of the Mediterranean", Mohenjo-daro was build in about 2500 BCE and that city is on what is Pakistan today so no, "all" ancient civilizations did not developed in the Mediterranean because explain the American Civilizations, the Indian Civilizations and also the Chinese ... I am pressing this because as human spread they also developed their own civilizations along the same overall lines, the difference is "records" ... there was a line that connected Mediterranean (and European) civilizations as in many other cases they simply had no successors or conquerors so they simply disappeared unlike the Ancient Egyptian civilization that co-existed along the Greek and Roman (and Persian, lets not forget then) and they also were aware of each other and thus records remained.

Quote:
The ...

Ugh.

Humans settled along RIVERS, do you understand? The Nile, the Tiber, The Indus, The Euphrates and The Tigris ... they were important not only for crops irrigation but also as a means of communication and travel.
This is so BASIC I am genuine upset about all you said without a lick of understanding of WHY those civilizations sprung up were they did, waterways were a key factor due to the need of fresh waters when humans stop being hunter gatherers and became farmers.

ARGH!

Quote:
Also why you want to move to Alaska or Norway when you already live in Canada? If anythign you should move to Oymyakan, Russia, the coldest city on Planet Earth:

Alright, let me go down to this ... people want weather in the game and more variable weather not because they like rain or cold but because having the "endless spring" is boring, its the same weather 24/7 that gets dull ... snow and rain in real life are at this point a inconvenience but that opens up SOME variation of outdoors activities even if just being "window dressing".

I dont think anyone is saying "I love winter so I want winter 24/7 in the game" but rather "I wish there were Seasons in the game so Sims would not use the Pool outside during rain or they could ice-skate in the park lake during winter"
Scholar
#48 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 4:30 AM
if you want logic, we could point out that not only has mankind evolved in Africa, a place that doesn't usually feature extreme seasons and that all ancient civilizations developed along the sunny coasts of the Mediterranean (we have the Ancient Greeks, Romans and Egyptians, what have you got?) and not some frozen hellhole. The food is better in warm places (because we don't have to import fruit from half the world away), buildings tend to be more beautiful and brighter and open, people and culture more cheerful. Fashion more stylish and hotter. You can't swim in freezing weather, bad for a water rat like me. You can't have barbies. You can't run around naked. (if you can guess what classical play I'm referencing here you get a cookie) Flowers and plants do better in warm climates (though gotta admit we never quite a springtime like in cold places).
Speaking of frozen hellholes...in Dantes inferno the worst circle of hell, is one of ice and snow, because it's farthest from God's light and warmth.

But I guess you just don't use summer correctly, you northerners never do. During the heat of summer you are supposed to take a nap somewhere nice and shady so that you can enjoy the mild, beautiful summer night. Don't blame the rest of us if you don't use something correctly.

https://weather.com/travel/news/bre...-world-20140128 (-58 F!)

Seriously, what in the world kind of rant is this...? We're talking about seasons adding variation to the environment in a video game, and you go on some (inaccurate, as Drakron noted) warm climate superiority rant.

For the record, Summer and Spring can go to hell. I live in an area where summer is dominating the year more and more every year. Can't even go through winters without 80 degrees days anymore. Aside from tornadoes and severe thunderstorms (very much associated with hot, humid weather - big surprise! Most bad things kind of are ), I hate no kind of weather more than hot, sunny weather. It is my definition of misery. If it's chilly outside and I may have to put on a jacket, I'm much happier with that than even the slightest bit of heat in the air. Sunny, stagnant, humid air is the worst, and it is like that way too much of the year where I live. It is NOT outside weather, it is stay inside with the air conditioner on and hope you never have to step a foot outside weather.

Needless to say, I get aggravated when all my Sims experience for years on end is the kind of weather I hate the most. Seasons and weather are such a big deal to me, that I never actually really played family play in The Sims 2 before Seasons came out and I really wanted to see the Seasons cycle. It brings the game to life. To me, the game feels stagnant without Seasons and weather. I know I'm a bit of an extreme case (I also feel the same way about seasons in real life - summer taking up over half the year and winters becoming more and more pathetic is seriously making me depressed. I need to move somewhere that still has four seasons), but I don't think I'm alone in feeling that way.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Theorist
#49 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 5:34 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 11th Oct 2017 at 6:01 AM.
The food is better in warm places (because we don't have to import fruit from half the world away)
Except we have plenty of fresh local produce here

buildings tend to be more beautiful and brighter and open
Do you have any idea how expensive blackout curtains are? Why would I want to buy MORE of them?

Fashion more stylish and hotter.
Fewer clothes =/= hotter fasion

You can't swim in freezing weather, bad for a water rat like me.
Except I go swimming outdoors all summer every summer. Also indoor pools exist...

You can't have barbies.
My mum barbecues every other weekend

You can't run around naked.
Are you kidding? in the summer time you cannot GET clothes on me unless I have to go out. (and that's only because it's illegal

Flowers and plants do better in warm climates (though gotta admit we never quite a springtime like in cold places).
I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't have a garden.

IDK how you think us "northerners" live exactly but you need to like do a geography/culture lesson or something 'cause here in Canada our summers hit up to like 38°ᴄ/100°ғ
So all these assumptions were just a liiiiittle bit insulting...

Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
I hate no kind of weather more than hot, sunny weather. It is my definition of misery. If it's chilly outside and I may have to put on a jacket, I'm much happier with that than even the slightest bit of heat in the air. Sunny, stagnant, humid air is the worst, and it is like that way too much of the year where I live. It is NOT outside weather, it is stay inside with the air conditioner on and hope you never have to step a foot outside weather.

I Cannot agree with this more. I can't leave my house or go out or do ANYTHING during the summer. I'ts miserable and horrible, and I've fainted from heat on multiple occasions.

Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Needless to say, I get aggravated when all my Sims experience for years on end is the kind of weather I hate the most. Seasons and weather are such a big deal to me, that I never actually really played family play in The Sims 2 before Seasons came out and I really wanted to see the Seasons cycle. It brings the game to life. To me, the game feels stagnant without Seasons and weather. I know I'm a bit of an extreme case (I also feel the same way about seasons in real life - summer taking up over half the year and winters becoming more and more pathetic is seriously making me depressed. I need to move somewhere that still has four seasons), but I don't think I'm alone in feeling that way.

Our winters are shrinking here too, even for us "northerners" I mean, it's still 80 bloody degrees in October. What kind of bullshit is this supposed to be?

I want my sims to have a reason to use all those damn Halloween and Christmas decorations they keep throwing at us. I want to be able to take my newlyweds out to ice skate on a frozen pond, build snowmen and sip hot chocolate while the fresh powdery snow collects around them under the moonlight, then woohoo by the fireplace as they warm up from the cold...
Scholar
#50 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 6:21 AM

You're either unfortunately ill, super poor, or super rich to be able to spend a couple hours each day napping. Terrible post. Absolute garbage. I'm gonna have to go to the beach and kick some little twit's sandcastle apart to get over this.

Page 2 of 4