Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 2:38 PM
Default Trouble with Importing DTTB files to SimPe
As In Title, I used the DTTB converter on an exported Shopping.XML, from Frappacino's Village Shoppe mod, trying to unlock/add some items in the list. After I was done, I tried to replace the old .XML file in the package, and imported it to S3pe, but now the mod doesn't work. Also, in the preview, it only says "BTTD[]", on every file. Yes, I have the wrappers installed, and yes, I have the latest version of S3pe. I already did it once, and it worked, but then My HDD died, and everything was lost, now I decided to come back to TSM, and it's modding, but I can't make S3PE to work, Please help!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 7:00 PM
I really would appreciate if someone helped me, please?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 12:42 PM
HELLOOOOOOOOOO? Anybody here? I asked a question, And I'd really would appreciate ANY answer, WHY DO YOU PEOPLE ALWAYS IGNORE ME? I thought this forum is for helping eachother, This thread has over 50 views, AND NO BLOODY ANSWER, DAMMIT! Seriously, I need help, I REALLY need help with that S3PE Issue, If the topic was already discussed here, give me a link to it, if not, let's brainstorm the problem, AND PERHAPS WE SHALL COME TO SOME CONCLUSION. Please, anybody? Why won't nobody help me? I feel so abandoned, lonely and betrayed. You have dissapointed me fellow simmers, I came here for help, and I've got NOTHING. And It's not the first time! And now, I sit alone, rambling like a madman, and I'll propably get banned for triple posting. Eh, screw it, go to hell, all of you. Actually, don't, I'm sorry, I wish no harm, I'm just frustrated and bitter, after being neglected. Please help me anybody, as you can see, I'm at the end of my wit...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 7:07 PM
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS??? Ten more people have viewed the post, AND NO ONE ANSWERED MY QUESTION? And someone apparently deemed my desperate call for help FUNNY? REALLY? That person, yeah, you, Go fuck yourself. What kind of community is this? On other forum I'd got my problem solved, BUT HERE? "Hey, that guy here just had a mental breakdown, lololololol". Really, I tried to be nice, I tried to be polite, And I'm REALLY, really sorry for my language right now, but I'm sick and tired of the BULLSHIT that is this community. I JUST WANT HELP, a little Advice what to do with my problem, IS THAT MUCH TO ASK?
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 8:04 PM
Hi,

First thing, I don't have any experience in modding nor with S3PE, I only used it to merge packages together, so I won't be able to help much. If I had any knowledge on importing files, I'd have answered already, but I figured a modder would eventually come by and help you. Since no one did it already and you seem to have reached your limits, I guessed I could at least let you know that you are not alone.

However, you said something like " let's brainstorm the problem ", so maybe we can discuss it ? Also, maybe a modder will know better how to help if there's more info already ?

You said the mod didn't work after modifying it, have you tried reinstalling the initial to see if this one works ?
Is there a tutorial somewhere you used to modify it or were you already experienced with this to begin with ?
Have you tried saving it with an other name ?

I'm sorry if it's useless, I just wanted to talk to you before you end up killing someone or yourself out of despair.

Ps : sorry if I made mistakes or am not clear, English is not my native language
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 8:41 PM
Finally, some response! Well, the initial version worked before modifying it, And, as I said before,
Quote:
I already did it once, and it worked,
, As for a different name version, I have one lying around, but haven't tested it yet. I think my copy of S3PE has a problem with reading DTTB format .XMLs, even though I have installed all the nessessary wrappers. I just don't know why. Also don't worry, I would never kill anyone over a stupid mod, I'm not a Psychopath, even though I sometimes act like one. I just was upset, seeing that no one would help me, and that one Funny tag, just outraged me.
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eggyslav
I just was upset, seeing that no one would help me, and that one Funny tag, just outraged me.

I can understand that, but I guess everyone did like me, thinking " I don't have any knowledge on that matter, better leave it to someone who knows about this stuff ".

Also,
Quote: Originally posted by Eggyslav
I think my copy of S3PE has a problem with reading DTTB format .XMLs

Do you perhaps have access to another computer to try and do it on an other copy of S3PE ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 9:20 PM
Unfortunately, no.
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 9:25 PM
The wrappers you're talking about are grimreefer's ?
Do you think you could tell me what to do so I can try it for you ? ( Not sure if it can be possible or not, I think I had an issue with the grid being grayed out, but it was for the CASP wrapper so maybe it's totally different ? )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 10:23 PM
Yes, I used Grimreefer's wrappers, but I also tried the one from Velocitygrass, and neither did work. In the attachment, You have the Shopping.XML I tried to put in Frappacino's Vilage Shoppe Tweaks. It's already converted in DTTB format, try to replace the original .XML in the package, with the one provided in the attachment.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  S3_0333406C_00000000_CB55D25153978EDD_Shopping%%+_XML.rar (2.9 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 10:27 PM
quick question, do you have the Village shop tweak PN or PN V2 ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 10:53 PM
I Use PN V2. I just tried to fix the lack of Arcane Blade, and to unlock some weapons, crafting books and lutes.
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 11:03 PM
Reading the comments on the mod, you don't seem to be the only one wanting the Arcane Blade, maybe they'll update a version at one point ?

EDIT : After seing that Frappacino's last activity on MTS was on 4th Sep 2013, it does seem unlikely that they'll do an update of it. :/

Well, I just tried both versions anyway with your .XML file, none works in game, the buying part of shop is totally blank. The selling works fine though. I suppose it's the same in your game ?

So either it's not your S3PE's fault, or mine have the same issue.

Do you think something could have gone wrong while using the DTTB converter ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 10:51 AM
I have no Idea, but I have good news! Remember I said I had a renamed .package lying around? I tried it in game, AND IT WORKS! Hooray! :D
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 11:00 AM
Well, that's awesome !

I didn't think changing the name would be sufficient, but I'm glad that you got it working. I guess it's good to rename things if you modify them and have issues then, good to know !

Have fun with your now-working game :p
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 11:52 AM
Thank you. And thanks for help.
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 4:07 PM
You're welcome !
Field Researcher
#18 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 1:46 AM
Well, Eggyslav, this is the first time I have seen this post of yours, and I am so very glad you finally got a response to your question, because you did an awesome job modifying the two mods you did, as discussed yesterday. OH! Pleased is me! All kinds of new scenario's for future game play for my sims are flooding me brains, thanks to your modifications. I fully believe you are born to mod!
Just wanted to let you know, that I could not have answered your question had I seen the post when you made it, but after you swore so vehemently, I surely feel as if I could literally HEAR your typed choice words, and then I would have at least made a comment in your thread, but it would likely have been massively unhelpful to you, as I know jack about modding. S3PE won't even work on my PC anymore, and I can't figure out why not. It started to, but then after moving the folder containing the portable, it just stopped. I've researched that .NET Framework may be the culprit, but that's all I found out, without solutions.
I think you should continue in your path with modding, and further your expertise in a quick manner, for my sake, if for no one else, or everybody else. Just do it, PLEASE!!!
Your mods, Shopping2, and Metalurgy ran like so smooth in my game, like melted butter oozes all over a cob of roasted corn, or hot fudge over peanut-butter and chocolate ice-cream! You get what I mean! I have been dreaming about future mods you can make or even re-do, ever since I installed these last two from you. I am so happy to have read your post containing these two mods mentioned above, as it was just on a whim when I did, as I had been busy with other matters for some time concerning the net, so not been here often of late, not expecting to see much new, as here or anywhere concerning mods for TSMP&N, NEW is VERY rare.
I thank you, of course, but now I see that I have Anwnn to thank as well, for FINALLY popping in here to help you as little as he thought he could, because to me, his help is an angelic grace upon my game's very dark place, since his help seems to have furthered you forward into doing the mods and saving my passion for TSMP&N.
I was at the brink of stopping playing the game, Eggyslav, that is how bad the experiences of trouble in the game I was having, which I only briefly and shortly described to you yesterday. I feel as if a new day has been made in my game fresh and new warm and true, thanks to you and your talent.
Now, don't let me down, just smile and get started with more mods, so I too can smile brighter than a clown! LOL

King Xylan Darksword, and I thank you both tremendously! Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.