Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#4351 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 8:06 AM
I find windowed mode is useful because when I played in fullscreen mode my game would crash whenever I had to come out of it to check something else. Switching windows is a lot easier (although it's possible that my new comp could handle fullscreen, I'm used to windowed now).
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4352 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 8:49 AM
YOU CAN HAVE TWIN PLANTBABIES!!!! Maybe everyone else knew this already, but I did not!!

In my testing hood, testing sim Birch Forest (Knowledge/Family and recently a plantsim due to a mod that allows plantsims to spread the plant-y-ness around) wanted to "Have a Baby," so I had him "Grow Plantbaby," mostly to see if it would fulfill the want (it does, for the record) but also to see how the spawn of my current Ideal Plantsim default replacement ( @nettness Liberty Martin from here) would look.

I'm also loving how the "vines only" plantsim overlay looks. :lovestruc

But one further thing I discovered! Plantbabies are capable of wanting interactions from specific sims other than their parents! Or at least, this one is! (We had a whole discussion recently about how toddlers never want anything to do with aunts/uncles/grandparents/step-parents/etc, so I was really quite surprised to see this.)

Inventor
#4353 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
A toddler who is currently inside an apartment cannot be directed to interact with toys that are outside the apartment. The reverse of this is also true and especially annoying!

Really? I sometimes have communal toy rooms or outdoor playgrounds in apartments and the toddlers can play with everything autonomously and directed and if they're outside, they go back inside to play with their own toys either autonomously or controlled. Then again, most of my hoods are heavily modded... (It's a bit of a hassle when I'm looking for a missing toddler and find them in the playground on the spring rider in the blizzard.)
Mad Poster
#4354 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Really? I sometimes have communal toy rooms or outdoor playgrounds in apartments and the toddlers can play with everything autonomously and directed and if they're outside, they go back inside to play with their own toys either autonomously or controlled. Then again, most of my hoods are heavily modded... (It's a bit of a hassle when I'm looking for a missing toddler and find them in the playground on the spring rider in the blizzard.)

It appears to depend on the toy, actually. I don't generally play apartments, but I've got one set up in my testing hood. Three toddlers in the current household (two new plantbabies joined their non-plant older sister), and they all get "there are no actions available" on all but two toys in the communal area.
Inventor
#4355 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 9:06 AM Last edited by Sketching : 28th Oct 2017 at 9:40 AM.
Maybe it's the mods. None of my toys (both CC and default) ever had that problem - I've used it to my advantage because most of my apartments (except the ones that are stand-alone houses or townhouse types) are too small for them.

Edit: @Rosawyn: For no red pause lines:
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=62217
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=586548
Mad Poster
#4356 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 12:36 PM
Also, is there a way to fix the completely messed-up CAS? Suddenly the big blue box thing is covering half the sim's face, so I can't really see what I'm doing. (Went in to make a little test family, and omg, do NOT like this CAS setup at all.)

I use a widescreen CAS camera by SimmingLena. Just zoom out slightly to get the interface box off the sim's face.
http://simminglena.tumblr.com/post/...%EF%BE%9E-after
Scholar
#4357 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 3:10 PM
Well today I really think I have someting to add here.

I never play this shopping subhood Bluewater village but today I went in there. I felt pretty bored and went to check out the jaquet family, a family I do not remember playing before. Anyway, Gilbert was not on the lot but walked in right after loading. trying to prepare some food, he did set the kitchen on fire (panic dance) and when the firefighters was done, Denise went to the bathroom for a shower. Gilbert went to the kitchen sink, stripped naked and started to clean himself of whit a sponge! What! I have been playing this game for almost ten years and non of my sims have done that before! I also think that the family may be a little corrupt because Denise do have a fear of an older man being untrue. And that man does look just like her husband Yves. But he seems to be dead, so why does she have that fear? I did exit the lot whitout saving.

The other funny thing today was that I did play the family of Tybalt Capp. He is an adult and on the top of the intelligence career track. And his career award was this spy equipment. While using it I got a message saying that the neighbours did not seem to like spying. A few moments later, an adult woman enters the house and starts to fight him. And who was that? Juliette Capp, his sister who lives far from the subhood he lives in. Oh my...
Inventor
#4358 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 3:33 PM Last edited by Sketching : 28th Oct 2017 at 7:17 PM.
The default Bluewater comes pre-corrupted and the Denise there usually has a fear of her deceased husband cheating on her. When I first played them, I thought Yves faked his own death and ran away with someone else, probably one of his bakers, which was why their shop was empty. If you try to have her be romantic with someone else, she even gets the affair memory. Sloppy sims autonomously take sponge baths with sinks, so that's not corruption.

There's a set of clean templates here: https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html, and that site has clean default subhoods that you can use, including Bluewater, if you want to use that instead.

Edit: The logic for the telescope shover is the sim with the lowest NID, and apparently not even being on vacation can stop Consort for shoving his own granddaughter Miranda in a SimFrance subhood.
Scholar
#4359 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 6:02 PM
OK Sketching, thank you! Very interesting. I never play that subhood, I just jumped in there today.
Mad Poster
#4360 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 7:43 PM
Who was (is?) that creator whose avatar is a man's face, with an "appendage" coming out of his forehead? Never mind..none of this is anything I want to see..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4361 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Who was (is?) that creator whose avatar is a man's face, with an "appendage" coming out of his forehead? Never mind..none of this is anything I want to see..

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,14598.0.html
Inventor
#4362 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 8:31 PM
Not the appendages again!
Inventor
#4363 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 10:03 PM
Ugh, almost as bad as Butters with the balls on his chin.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#4364 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
Ugh, almost as bad as Butters with the balls on his chin.

Do you suppose they are related?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#4365 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 11:40 PM
Two plantsims can basically keep each other and everyone else around happy indefinitely through "Spores of Happiness." Toddlers being raised by a plantsim couple need never eat, sleep, or use the potty, and they never get dirty!
Mad Poster
#4366 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 12:27 AM
The bonfire dance doesn't satisfy "Dance with X" wants.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#4367 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 6:20 AM
Don't place the Stuck Object Remover too close to a sim! I accidentally burninated one of the Ramaswami twins . At least a lot reload fixes it!
Mad Poster
#4368 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 7:29 AM
A very a lot noob discovery, but I believe I can install content that aren't compatible to the expansion/stuff packs I have, right? Might be the reason why I got a downloaded apartment with a few rooms that are without any wallpaper&flooring and others that have a completely different ones unlike how it was displayed in the previewed picture.
Mad Poster
#4369 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 10:53 AM
Yes-all that ever happens is that a lot will show up without the special stuff in it. Wallpaper, and floors will usually be the missing items.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#4370 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 12:22 PM
Lots are iffy - sometimes a lot from a different game version will be okay, and sometimes it will cause crashes even when you just mouseover it on the lot bin panel. Even if it "works" there can be strange issues. Like a lot imported from Uni into the base game will show up with a strange price in hood view, minus something enormous. When you go in and change something and save, the price resets to something expected.

As a rule of thumb, if you're importing lots from different game versions, avoid architectural features which don't exist in your own game version. For example, don't install a lot with curved pools in a non-seasons game, or a beach lot into a non-BV game (those are the most obvious examples I could think of) - others may be half walls, driveways, stages, newer roof types. Even then, be cautious and try importing into a test game first. I hear that it can be difficult to remove a lot which causes crashes.

It doesn't matter if you're missing stuff packs. Stuff pack objects will simply disappear. It is expansion packs which cause the problem.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#4371 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 1:57 PM Last edited by Sketching : 29th Oct 2017 at 2:17 PM.
It's more of a rediscovery than something I just found out about now, but I forgot how fast fun plummets when a sim is badly losing in a water balloon fight. Tosha's fun was in the deep red after a few hits from her husband.

Edit: I also realized that some of the lyrics for one of the hip hop songs sounds like, "Cause I'm a bad burger."
Mad Poster
#4372 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
It's more of a rediscovery than something I just found out about now, but I forgot how fast fun plummets when a sim is badly losing in a water balloon fight. Tosha's fun was in the deep red after a few hits from her husband.

I've never seen a sim's fun go down from a water balloon fight.
Inventor
#4373 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 5:19 PM
I've never seen a sim's fun go down from a water balloon fight.

Poor Tosha couldn't get a single shot in while her husband was raining balloons on her and she started it. It also happened when one stepsister ruthlessly attacked the other with snowballs but I completely forgot that it's the same with water balloons.
Mad Poster
#4374 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 5:35 PM
Some Sims are bad losers At least, that is my conclusion.
Inventor
#4375 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Some Sims are bad losers At least, that is my conclusion.

There's also fury from some of the grouchy losers of chess and video games. Darn it, Consort, first you attack Miranda through the telescope, now you're mad at her for one chess game.
Page 175 of 445