Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 4:36 AM
Default What makes an object placeable in inventory?
Hi all. I'm currently looking for a piece of code that makes objects placeable in inventory.
I'm told that my Tattered Diary mod causes problems while put in inventory and I'm trying to find a way to disable this feature (I know it exists in game, e.g. turned on computers).
Does anyone have any ideas where to look? Any leads?
~DiLight.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 9:35 PM
I would import the computer semi-globals and have a look around. Off-hand, I don't know of a specific flag that can be set. It may be that the computer is considered "in use" but in such a way as not to interfere with Sims wanting to use it.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
I would import the computer semi-globals and have a look around. Off-hand, I don't know of a specific flag that can be set. It may be that the computer is considered "in use" but in such a way as not to interfere with Sims wanting to use it.

Thanks, @maybesomethingdunno, I'll have a look.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 2:05 AM
I've looked through the globals and flags, and managed to set my TD to "in use" so it's not movable at all. It can be accessed via Pie-Menus though.
I also sto..eh..borrowed a piece of code from InSIM to delete TD using Pie-Menus.
So now you can buy it, place it wherever you want, then do your stuff and delete it or just let it be.
Do you think it'll be enough?
I've found a mod here on MTS to make juice tray placeable in inventory, but can't figure out how to reverse these changes for TD.

Oops. Sorry for double-posting.