Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 6:06 AM
Default Creating new effects
Is it possible to edit or create new effects for objects? For example, I wanted to edit the cockroach object so that it was mice instead, but it turns out the cockroaches are an effect, and I can't figure out how to edit the texture of an effect. After some searching, I found this: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=145518 which talks about adding EXISTING effects to objects. It also makes it sound like it's impossible to edit effects.

But I guess I was hoping since that was such an old thread, maybe something new popped up that allowed editing of effects. Anyone know if it's possible?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 6:41 AM
There is no wrapper/plugin in SimPE for the FX internal file format, which is where the effects are located as far as I know, so until someone writes one, creating new effects will be impossible.

(Speaking of which -- does anybody know where to start if you want to write such a plugin, and what are the prerequisite (e.g. programming language) skills?)

Sorry if it's considered a necropost, this might be my first time on the MTS forums.