Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 12:59 PM
Default How do I Install Mods And CC Through Origin Sims 4
i go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4, no mods folder
i go to C:\Users\Fae\Documents\EA Games, no sims 4 folder
so where the hel do i put my mods n cc? and how?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 1:34 PM
The Sims 4 folder should be on Documents/Electronic Arts not EA Games
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 4:21 PM
@Panoca: this wasn't pretty helpful! You knew what morgead meant so stop that!

@morgead: I have the same problem, I hope someone figures out how this will work. I put a Mods folder by myself into the sims4 folder but stuff won't show in my game unless it has a whole new mesh and it's freaking me out!
*not to be found on sims4forum*
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 5:09 AM
Jollyroses, you saying that wasn't helpful also isn't helpful. If the OP has any other sims games they may actually have an EA Games folder in their documents and wouldn't find The Sims 4 within that. I have two EA Games folders in my documents (somehow) and also the Electronic Arts folder.

@morgead, there should be, as Panoca has said, a folder called Mods within the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder and that folder should have a resource.cfg file in there which tells the game to look in there.

Jollyroses, you said you put your own Mods folder in there, did you find a resource.cfg to put inside of it?
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 12:08 PM
Default Resource.cfg
Quote: Originally posted by morgead

Hi, i found the Resource.cfg file C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client i do not as yet know if mods will work if you put them into their as i am looking into it myself
Stupid people are stupid
#6 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by madmegan12
Hi, i found the Resource.cfg file C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client i do not as yet know if mods will work if you put them into their as i am looking into it myself

That won't work. You NEED the one in Documents/Electronic Arts, as Panoca pointed out in the second post.
Scholar
#7 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 7:59 AM Last edited by mummy_001 : 19th Nov 2014 at 10:03 AM. Reason: made it easier to read
If you don't have the Sims 4 folder inside your Electronic Arts folder inside your My Documents folder then you will need to uninstall and reinstall. If that still does not make a Sims 4 folder inside your My documents folder (after reinstalling and updating via origin) then you need to contact Origin directly. We have tried to help you with this since 6th of September.

If you need to alter your resource.cfg file to be able to see inside sub folders that are inside your mods folder, then the resource.cfg that needs altering is inside the mods folder inside your Sims 4 Folder inside your My Documents folder.

It is NOT the resource.cfg file inside C:\program Files (X86)\Origin Games etc.
We have told you that

Contact Origin for legally purchased games and they can help you via remotely connecting to your computer and see what is happening as to why you do not have a Sims 4 Folder inside your Documents Folder.

Most cracked and pirated versions of the sims 4 will not have a mods folder in my documents (in fact no sims 4 folder at all) and you need to contact the person where you got the pirated game from Im not saying it is pirated but people sometimes fudge the truth....

Please Contact Origin via their help link and they will be more than happy to help you. They also have an online chat system where you can talk to them about your issues. They are fast and efficient.

Have you actually played the game for it to generate the proper files in My Documents\Electronic Arts\ Sims 4 ?
If I remember correctly you said you had played it. So these files should be in your Documents folder.
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 2:12 PM
I use origin and I found the folder, it is here: libraries/documents/electronic arts
Scholar
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marsellus1
I use origin and I found the folder, it is here: libraries/documents/electronic arts

Well good for you... Except that is exactly what we have said above... Libraries is just another way to access the My documents or Documents folder. The poster above can find their folder they are just saying it has no Sims 4 folder present inside their Electronics arts folder....

C:\libraries\documents\My Documents\electronic arts\Sims 4
C:\libraries\documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 4
C:\Documents\My Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 4
C:\Documents\Electronics Arts\Sims 4

These are 4 ways I access the same folder. The OP knows this they just don't have the Sims 4 folder there to add mods too
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 3:08 AM
Default Eeee!!! I was looking for it too!
I think I found it! PC> Documents> electronic arts> the sims 4 > mods
The thing is, it was in documents, not program files. So, there you go, mystery solved!
Scholar
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meowmixed13
I think I found it! PC> Documents> electronic arts> the sims 4 > mods
The thing is, it was in documents, not program files. So, there you go, mystery solved!

No MYSTERY.... That's where we said it was.
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 6:23 PM
i have the sims 4 deluxe edition i bought on origin and my mods folder is where it should be
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 10:38 AM
Don't know whether this will help, but I had this problem myself. Installed the game, played it, had to reinstall everything again and the folder was missing (that's what led me here). I just booted up the game, closed it, then went to the Electronic Arts folder and there it was. It was like it generated it on the first load up.
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 9:04 AM
Thank YOUUUU for this thread!!
I also purchased and downloaded Sims 4 Deluxe from Origin, a new experience for me. All was hunky dory until I decided to dabble in mods. The last two day (evenings) I have spent pulling my hair out and cursing my head off at Origin's expense. Until I happened across here of course Thank you all!
Scholar
#15 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 12:40 AM
Well folks... To get the correct folders before installing Mods you DO have to run the game first. It will generate all necessary folders on first run of the game. Please remember to take out your Mods folder and place it on your desktop Before doing any updates
Then after said updates simply add the mods folder back to your My Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 4 folder and Bobs your Uncle your back in business....
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 10:02 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 15th Jun 2015 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Link removed
Default There solution !
Quote: Originally posted by morgead

There is 1 way that you can put Sims 4 Mods in (Mods Folder Must Be Created ) Inside Installation directory in "Game\Bin" without needing "Ducments\Electronic Arts\......" , Just Download This File Named "TS4MI.exe" (works with all versions of sims 4 - For Windows 7 only):

Put TS4MI.exe In where you installed sims4 then Game\Bin, run TS4MI.exe if you want play sims4 with your mods and run TS4.exe if you want play without Mods.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#17 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 10:18 PM
Link removed (was a direct link to an .exe). One should never download an run an exe from a questionable source like that.

@sims42004 if you want to distribute a tool on this site, please upload through the queue (top menu; Create > Upload items). Do not try to re-post this link on mts.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#18 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Link removed (was a direct link to an .exe). One should never download an run an exe from a questionable source like that.

@sims42004 if you want to distribute a tool on this site, please upload through the queue (top menu; Create > Upload items). Do not try to re-post this link on mts.

Thank you .. For Help !
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 12:28 AM
I just got the Sims 4 and none of these have worked for me, I don't know if it's because I'm on a mac or if I'm doing something wrong.
Scholar
#20 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hearted_Bleam
I just got the Sims 4 and none of these have worked for me, I don't know if it's because I'm on a mac or if I'm doing something wrong.

Maybe it will be better to start a new thread.... This is an old thread.
Explain your problem....

None of what worked? What is the problem you are having?
Locked thread | Locked by: plasticbox Reason: Thread is old