Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#1951 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 12:11 PM
Am I the only one who finds the straight up vacation packs boring as ever? I actually recently played Sims 2 again and was bored to death by Bon Voyage. I tried really hard to get enjoyment out of it. World Adventures was one where I didn't actually travel to the locations much but LOVED the objects and skills that came with it! I hope this has a mixture of elements of vacations and adventuring.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#1952 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 2:24 PM
I loved the vacation pack in TS1 but I really think that was because it gave so many new interactions like half-pipe (?) and build a snowman. It was just fresh.

The others I liked the stuff but didn't care for the travelling.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#1953 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 5:07 PM
I think the pack will be interesting. Maybe in a good way, or bad way. In WA the destinations were all full worlds with new themed lots and gameplay, in addition to the numerous tombs scattered around. I loved the Chinese world, it was gorgeous!

Sims 4 can’t compare to that, which is why I think it will be interesting. Will there be one tomb? Two? How many campsites/rentals? The last GP world had 5 lots, OR came with 6.
Mad Poster
#1954 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 11:23 PM
Any new information came on it?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1955 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 12:26 AM
That’s how vacations should be - lots of activities. World Adventures had lots to do, but it was so isolated from the rest of the game and didn’t fit with the game’s genre. A mix of leisure and exploring is fine, but it’s the actual additions that really make the difference.

A lot (not all) of World Adventure’s content makes little sense outside of the towns and doesn’t have much of an impact on the world except for the Household’s wallet. Museums should play a role in exploring, and having sims keep, sell, or donate found pieces. Sims could visit the museum and gain public attention for their discoveries. Sims can of course photograph their exhibits. Sims should also be able to write books.

Next, there should be a crafting element. Precious gems and gold would make for fabulous jewelry to sell. Alternatively, this could play into tourism and buying local goods. Sims could open a kiosk and sell jewels. This would open up more business & simulation options.

A university pack should probably feature a world history and archaeology major as well, since it didn’t in TS3. There was never a career for treasure hunting and it’s be great to add one or archaeology.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#1956 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
That’s how vacations should be - lots of activities. World Adventures had lots to do, but it was so isolated from the rest of the game and didn’t fit with the game’s genre. A mix of leisure and exploring is fine, but it’s the actual additions that really make the difference.

A lot (not all) of World Adventure’s content makes little sense outside of the towns and doesn’t have much of an impact on the world except for the Household’s wallet. Museums should play a role in exploring, and having sims keep, sell, or donate found pieces. Sims could visit the museum and gain public attention for their discoveries. Sims can of course photograph their exhibits. Sims should also be able to write books.

Next, there should be a crafting element. Precious gems and gold would make for fabulous jewelry to sell. Alternatively, this could play into tourism and buying local goods. Sims could open a kiosk and sell jewels. This would open up more business & simulation options.

A university pack should probably feature a world history and archaeology major as well, since it didn’t in TS3. There was never a career for treasure hunting and it’s be great to add one or archaeology.

Hey, not trying to sound condescending, but can you keep those condescending down? They're not working (If you haven't notice)

I would like If the two aspects (WA & BV) we're combine into one fully fledge expansion pack.
Field Researcher
#1957 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

I don’t really understand where you’re coming from with the WA content not making sense out of those worlds. I for one wouldn’t want Chinese, Egyptian, or French content that was created for the adventure destinations being integrated into the main world. All of it can still be used there, but it’s exclusive to the destinations by default. Nothing different with Bon Voyage, Vacation, or Outdoor Retreat.
Forum Resident
#1958 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alan650
Am I the only one who finds the straight up vacation packs boring as ever? I actually recently played Sims 2 again and was bored to death by Bon Voyage. I tried really hard to get enjoyment out of it. World Adventures was one where I didn't actually travel to the locations much but LOVED the objects and skills that came with it! I hope this has a mixture of elements of vacations and adventuring.

Nah me too. The only vacation type pack I enjoyed was TS1 because there was just so many activities to do while away on vacation. It was perfect. Everything since then has been really bad and boring. I don't play outdoor retreat though I have it. I basically forget it exists all the time. WA I bought just so I could use custom worlds because people used a lot of objects from them. I never once played a single vacation in TS3. I have never explored any of it lol. It's not for me. So this GP is one I won't bother with which sucks because I typically like the GPs. We seem to only get 1 a year which means another year of waiting for a GP I might play.
Field Researcher
#1959 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by audioromance
Nah me too. The only vacation type pack I enjoyed was TS1 because there was just so many activities to do while away on vacation. It was perfect. Everything since then has been really bad and boring. I don't play outdoor retreat though I have it. I basically forget it exists all the time. WA I bought just so I could use custom worlds because people used a lot of objects from them. I never once played a single vacation in TS3. I have never explored any of it lol. It's not for me. So this GP is one I won't bother with which sucks because I typically like the GPs. We seem to only get 1 a year which means another year of waiting for a GP I might play.

Not quite, we got two game packs last year. Vampires and Parenthood.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1960 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 3:23 AM
Outdoor Retreat & Spa Day also dropped the same year. The only time we got one a year was when Dine Out.

We’re getting a game pack within the next few months, so I guess we’re getting another sometime in the summer. Fall is (now) EP season. I doubt we’d get one in March, then just stuff pack for 6-8 months.

Mad Poster
#1961 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Hey, not trying to sound condescending, but can you keep those condescending down? They're not working (If you haven't notice)

I would like If the two aspects (WA & BV) we're combine into one fully fledge expansion pack.

._.
"but can you keep those condescending down"
"can you keep those condescending down"
"keep those... condescending down"
"condescending down"
"condescending"

Wut??? am I that retarted? Why did I wrote that word instead of.... ewwww. I'll just fix my comment here since it already got agree's and that typo is very cringy.

'Hey, not trying to sound condescending, but can you keep those apostrophes* down? They're not working (If you haven't notice) :D
Scholar
#1962 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 7:41 PM
WA was a large expansion, even for TS3. If they come up with something like WA or University, try to fit your imagination into a TS4 sized EP or GP. I know it is hard, but the EA devs can do it, so you can too! Outdoor retreat, I saw it for what it is just by second hand experience. It offers barely anything apart from that different setting you can loadscreen to. But it must have been a place on the Unesco World Heritage list, just for being this incredibly rare flat as a pancake forest.
Mad Poster
#1963 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 8:43 PM
EA can do anything, but they may not :P
Forum Resident
#1964 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
Not quite, we got two game packs last year. Vampires and Parenthood.

I suppose that's true I have a very short memory these days. It just seems like GPs never come out as often as I'd like. SPs flood the market that I'm almost surprised when it's not an SP.
Scholar
#1965 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 11:28 PM
In case there was any doubt about it: The Sims 4’s Sixth Game Pack definitely has relations to Adventures. Based on the tweet this article references, it appears that "Adventure" will likely be part of the title.
Scholar
#1966 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 12:39 AM
Always thought TS2 Nightlife was the best value pack you could of ever got for your dollar from restaurants, bowling, vampires, cars, DJs, photo booths, to the spinning wheel, with a world with literally unlimited lots of build on, just to name a few. TS4 has already released 4 seperate packs just to match only some of that.
Top Secret Researcher
#1967 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 3:06 AM
Not to mention the sim chemistry and attraction system, which came with Nightlife. It was a great, great pack.
Forum Resident
#1968 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 6:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Not to mention the sim chemistry and attraction system, which came with Nightlife. It was a great, great pack.

Yeah, and it would be a great fit for TS4. Sometimes, mechanics are a lot more important than new activities. I found everything about Get Together pretty forgettable, except for the group mechanic. A GP about attraction? Yes, please. Instead we get something totally forgettable AGAIN.
Lab Assistant
#1969 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:30 AM
I was never excited about Nightlife; my Sims tend to stay home and work on their family interactions and skills. One thing I do like about Sims 4 is that you no longer have to make all those friends to get promoted in a career. I probably won't bother with a vacation pack, unless it has some other gameplay goodies I want. The only time I went to the other worlds in Sims 3 was to collect things - the martial arts and winemaking equipment or new fish and fruits. I have a collector Sim who quite by accident found the Hidden Grotto this weekend, but otherwise, they lead a boring life. They have no friends, other than an old high school buddy she calls every once in a while to get her social up, and I like it that way. (I suspect we tend the play the game much as do real life - my dream vacation is to stay home with my cats.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1970 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 9:10 PM
Get Together was forgettable because there is nothing in it. There is a club mechanic, a town, and some interactable objects. Outside of creating clubs, what depth the pack truly offer? Even with the club mechanic, it is more of the same. The gameplay objects do nothing to mix up the gameplay.

New stuff for nightclubs? Cool. Dancing was in the base game, and being a DJ is basically operating a radio. Now, imagine if they took that DJ Booth and did a little more with it. Players creating music to try out on Sims (who may dislike a bad mix), and then creating a full career out of it where you tour around the world (with the portable DJ booth) to nightclubs and play for Sims. Player have to read the crowd to get a few for what they want to hear, and then play that. That adds a nice new layer of gameplay to the pack. This could (maybe) work with other instrument as well.

Being a barista is cool, but what is truly missing is owning a coffee shop. That, or adding functionality for it to work PROPERLY on a retail or restaurant lot.

A diving platform is cool, but it mostly exists to exist. Maybe it could be an additional to swimming? Maybe competitive swimming, which would add to the athletic career a bit. Maybe even add a third career track to it?

._.
"but can you keep those condescending down"
"can you keep those condescending down"
"keep those... condescending down"
"condescending down"
"condescending"

Wut??? am I that retarted? Why did I wrote that word instead of.... ewwww. I'll just fix my comment here since it already got agree's and that typo is very cringy.

'Hey, not trying to sound condescending, but can you keep those apostrophes* down? They're not working (If you haven't notice) :D

Usually, I fix them, but doing anything on a phone is hellish.

Mad Poster
#1971 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:12 PM
Though that sounds still more or less like Nightlife, no?
Test Subject
#1972 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Always thought TS2 Nightlife was the best value pack you could of ever got for your dollar from restaurants, bowling, vampires, cars, DJs, photo booths, to the spinning wheel, with a world with literally unlimited lots of build on, just to name a few. TS4 has already released 4 seperate packs just to match only some of that.

This is beginning to be the new norm so much that nobody really appears to notice.
Test Subject
#1973 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 3:36 AM
iv been reading about the new upcoming adventure pack but personally id rather have a university pack or a green living pack like the laundry day pack was supposed to be with eco living that would include functional solar panels and wind mills you could earn money off of
Forum Resident
#1974 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 3:37 AM
ea wants too make more money. So they put less items in the expansion and stuff packs.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1975 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 12:03 PM
Though that sounds still more or less like Nightlife, no?

Being a touring DJ, owning a coffeehouse, and competitive swimming?

Page 79 of 185