Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 2:23 PM
Default How do I mod it so it actually WORKS??
Hello people.

I have been trying to mod my TSM for THREE freaking days and I just can't make it work!!
I know that Rockerduck have posted a guide of how to mod the game and even though I have been repeatedly going through the steps, I can't make it work and I really want this http://modthesims.info/t/449550 mod for it.
Could someone in here please help me?

THANK YOU!!!!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th May 2016 at 12:30 AM
The TSM Mods folder is placed differently than the other Sims games. TSM's Mod folder is created in the The Sims Medieval folder on your computer's internal hard drive, normally called the C:\ drive. The pathway is C:\Program Files (86x)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval. Create a New Folder and name it Mods. Then create another New Folder within the Mods folder and name it Packages. You'll need to download two additional files: Resource.cfg and d3dx9_31.dll. You can find them both here at the bottom of the first post. The d3dx9_31.dll file is placed in the Bin folder. The pathway is C:\Program Files (86x)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin. The resource.cfg file is placed in the The Sims Medieval folder (C:\Program Files (86x)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval). All mods and other CC for TSM will go into the Mod\Packages folder. It is very important that you place the Resource.cfg and d3dx9_31.dll files in the proper places for the mods to work.

Shimrod101 has created a lot of mods for TSM. His work can be found here. You'll need to create an account, but it's free to do so.

I hope this explanation helps. TSM is a little more challenging when it comes to installing CC!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mflaha55
The TSM Mods folder is placed differently than the other Sims games. TSM's Mod folder is created in the The Sims Medieval folder on your computer's internal hard drive, normally called the C:\ drive. The pathway is C:\Program Files (86x)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval. Create a New Folder and name it Mods. Then create another New Folder within the Mods folder and name it Packages. You'll need to download two additional files: Resource.cfg and d3dx9_31.dll. You can find them both here at the bottom of the first post. The d3dx9_31.dll file is placed in the Bin folder. The pathway is C:\Program Files (86x)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin. The resource.cfg file is placed in the The Sims Medieval folder (C:\Program Files (86x)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval). All mods and other CC for TSM will go into the Mod\Packages folder. It is very important that you place the Resource.cfg and d3dx9_31.dll files in the proper places for the mods to work.

Shimrod101 has created a lot of mods for TSM. His work can be found here. You'll need to create an account, but it's free to do so.

I hope this explanation helps. TSM is a little more challenging when it comes to installing CC!

I do not see TSM in Electronic Arts down that path, but it is located in Origin Games.