Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 9:05 AM
Help Please!!!
So I've had the Sims Medieval for a while but just got into it recently. I'm so confused as to how to set it up for mods. I bought the game through Origin so the location of where the files go are not the same as where different forums have said to put them. I've been at this for a few days now and the mods will not work at all. I've turned on TestingCheatsEnabled properly and that works just fine but omg, the mods will NOT and I desperately need to edit some of the skin color of my npc's. That's really all I need the mods for; changing the npc's skin. Can anyone that has this game through Origin and is running Windows 10 help me get mods working? I would really, really appreciate it! I also have Pirates and Nobles expansion pack installed.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 11:45 AM Last edited by Rappeldrache : 1st Jan 2017 at 1:35 PM.
Hello,

have you seen this: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344 It's really good and helped me a lot.

What skins are you looking for? I have here a few links ... hmm I think I will do a new thread with all my links.

Greetings

EDIT: Have made a link list with mods that still work http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...d=1#post5135646
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rappeldrache
Hello,

have you seen this: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344 It's really good and helped me a lot.

What skins are you looking for? I have here a few links ... hmm I think I will do a new thread with all my links.

Greetings

EDIT: Have made a link list with mods that still work http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...d=1#post5135646

Thanks for responding. Actually I have seen that thread and it just didn't make much sense to me. Perhaps if the instructions had been a bit more clearer and coherent I might have been able to figure it out. I actually got the mods to work so it's all good now. Had to go through multiple sites explaining the process, deleted my game and tried it fresh and it worked. If you know of CC for TSM please share the wealth! It's proving very difficult to find any that looks good and is still working!
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gentlelovely
Thanks for responding. Actually I have seen that thread and it just didn't make much sense to me. Perhaps if the instructions had been a bit more clearer and coherent I might have been able to figure it out. I actually got the mods to work so it's all good now. Had to go through multiple sites explaining the process, deleted my game and tried it fresh and it worked. If you know of CC for TSM please share the wealth! It's proving very difficult to find any that looks good and is still working!

Are you looking for a CharacterCreator that you can open with an existing character and with NPC? Changing the eyes and lips and so on LATER in the game? Yes, there are a few mods, but they don't work for me. So I don't have the links (anymore). Sorry. But you can find everything here in this forum. It's really a very good one.

If you are looking for skins - I put some links in the link-thread for you. Sorry, I'm not sure if I understand.

Instaling the mods is very easy: You just have two important files ( d3dx9_31.dll and resource.cfg ). You have to put them at special places. You can download this two files at the "Helping thread". Whitch places you have to put them is also written in the "Helping thread".
AFTER you have done this you have a lot of files with the ending .package . For this files you need to create a special folder called "Mods". Where this new folder have to be you can read in the "Helping thread", too. So ... thats all ... 2 files to put somewhere and a folder to create where you will always put your mods in. (ok: for some mods you have to delete 3 .cache files and to start a new game ) . Sorry, I can't explain quite good in english. In german it would be easier.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rappeldrache
Are you looking for a CharacterCreator that you can open with an existing character and with NPC? Changing the eyes and lips and so on LATER in the game? Yes, there are a few mods, but they don't work for me. So I don't have the links (anymore). Sorry. But you can find everything here in this forum. It's really a very good one.

If you are looking for skins - I put some links in the link-thread for you. Sorry, I'm not sure if I understand.

Instaling the mods is very easy: You just have two important files ( d3dx9_31.dll and resource.cfg ). You have to put them at special places. You can download this two files at the "Helping thread". Whitch places you have to put them is also written in the "Helping thread".
AFTER you have done this you have a lot of files with the ending .package . For this files you need to create a special folder called "Mods". Where this new folder have to be you can read in the "Helping thread", too. So ... thats all ... 2 files to put somewhere and a folder to create where you will always put your mods in. (ok: for some mods you have to delete 3 .cache files and to start a new game ) . Sorry, I can't explain quite good in english. In german it would be easier.

I'm actually going through the links you left now and they're great! There is so much stuff to downlaod! It would have taken me forever to find half of it. I just hope it all works in my game. Keeping my fingers crossed! :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gentlelovely
I'm actually going through the links you left now and they're great! There is so much stuff to downlaod! It would have taken me forever to find half of it. I just hope it all works in my game. Keeping my fingers crossed! :D

But attention! Not everything is sooo easy. I'm just fighting with the "shoping" mods. And it's really a bit difficult. So I have for example 4 shoping mods here, but I can only take one and the others are not sooo good. I just try this one here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...hlight=eggyslav But I have to start a new game for this and delete this 3 .cache files first.
- And look always ingame if the hair is coloring your eyes, too.
- If you use more than 4 sliders: Shimrod have a mod that makes it possible to use more than 4 sliders.

I have a few folders: Mods I want to use (will be tested), Mods I'm just testing at the moment, Mods I will use and work fine, Mods I wil lnot use (or don't work) . I'm always testing a few mods ....

Oh an Sauris have new mods sometimes, even now. Just great!

Have fun!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 4:45 PM
The install folder location will likely be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts (or maybe Origin Games)\The Sims Medieval. In that folder make a new folder and name it "mods." Inside the mods folder, make another folder and name it "packages." This folder is where your mods will go. You'll need to download the Resource.cfg file and put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts (or maybe Origin Games)\The Sims Medieval. The d3dx9_31.dll file will go in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts (or maybe Origin Games)\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin. Both files can be downloaded here.