Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 8:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Low quality CAS clothing problem
The clothes in CAS won't appear as HQ as photos online (example, mine is on the right), and I have Sim detail set to high, advanced rendering on, AND simsl3gacies HQ mod installed.

I'm not sure if these are the right "specs", but I'm running on a MacBook Pro OSX 10.11.5, and have every expansion and stuff pack installed.

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0fd5
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3682
gMux Version: 1.9.23
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1440 x 900
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

Is there a way I can fix the graphics quality in CAS? Or can my system just not handle it?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I have the 650m and it works fine.

1) can you post your deviceconfig log file from your TS3 user folder?
2) Can you take a screenshot "without" HQ mod on? Want to make sure the mod is installed correctly.
3) can you post a screenshot of your TS3 graphics options in game? Want to see what else is your setting on.
4) Sims detail can actually go up 1 more level to "very high," have you tried that?

1. https://pastebin.com/ikWEQwBK
2. That screenshot was taken before I applied the HQ mod. It isn't any better now.
3. https://i.imgur.com/6lPFPM2.png
4. I should've specified, I have it set to "very high"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Everything looks fine... I'm stumped.

Can you link me the clothing in that photo? Perhaps I can test it to see how it turns out in my game.

https://store.thesims3.com/productD...ategoryId=11901

Unfortunately it's not just official content specific, it does it for all CC clothing.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 8:33 PM
How do your sims look in-game, though? Maybe I'm missing something if this was mentioned prior, but is the persistent rendering quality issue only in CAS or does it extend into gameplay itself? I wouldn't be surprised if your Mac is maxing out on usable resources while in CAS anyway possibly by just building up the catagory lists, the 2 GB RAM limit for example that is impossible to overcome on TS3 for Mac is really frustrating. I could only stay in CAS for about as long as I could hold my breath (which isn't very long these days) without getting crashes or Error12s upon trying to save even while somehow managing to stay under the RAM usage limit back when I played the Mac version of the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
How do your sims look in-game, though? Maybe I'm missing something if this was mentioned prior, but is the persistent rendering quality issue only in CAS or does it extend into gameplay itself? I wouldn't be surprised if your Mac is maxing out on usable resources while in CAS anyway possibly by just building up the catagory lists, the 2 GB RAM limit for example that is impossible to overcome on TS3 for Mac is really frustrating. I could only stay in CAS for about as long as I could hold my breath (which isn't very long these days) without getting crashes or Error12s upon trying to save even while somehow managing to stay under the RAM usage limit back when I played the Mac version of the game.

It's just as bad in-game, if not worse

https://imgur.com/a/C0qQA
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 12:43 AM
I do have to wonder from your DeviceConfig.log posted earlier why your Mac needs to be using 10 GB of RAM before the game even starts up. I mean you have plenty, but that suggests that it's very busy doing "something" that it might not need to be at the time.

That's the only thing that caught my attention from the log. Honestly, the answer might be to not play TS3 for Mac. It's a horribly crippled version of its Windows cousin. If Bootcamping is within reach, that is if you have the drive space and patience required to manage two operating systems, and can obtain a suitable standalone retail version of Windows, that might be worth considering. That's how I've been playing on my iMac for years now as have many others who have long since given up on the Mac version of the game -- it never was a proper port into the Mac OS like TS1, 2, and 4 were.