Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Hood Cleaner by Mootilda. http://modthesims.info/d/456523 This is a program that sits outside the game. It detects and mops up corruption.

The HCDU is on simwardrobe under programs I think.

Thanks. Do you know if the hoodchecker works with the UC? It says in Mootilda's screenshots that it may not work with EPs beyond MGS.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#27 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 4:45 PM Last edited by maxon : 25th Mar 2017 at 5:04 PM.
Bummer php3vv7th11 but I think you did the right thing there - I was going to post that I thought your neighbourhood was toast.

Quote: Originally posted by php3vv7th11
Thanks. Do you know if the hoodchecker works with the UC? It says in Mootilda's screenshots that it may not work with EPs beyond MGS.

You probably need to update the addressing for the game files. I wouldn't know how to do that though. Sorry.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#28 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Bummer php3vv7th11 but I think you did the right thing there - I was going to post that I thought your neighbourhood was toast.

You probably need to update the addressing for the game files. I wouldn't know how to do that though. Sorry.

Update addressing of game files? I'm not sure I understand. I installed UC from an Origin download, it wasn't an update or anything but a clean install from scratch.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#29 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 6:19 PM
Sorry - HCDU was made long before the UC was released and James, who made it, stopped making stuff for TS2 a long time ago. When he made it originally, he made it to work with our games which were installed from disks and which had their save game files in My Documents. When you install and use HCDU, it's internal addressing goes to those files.

UC is installed in a different way and I believe, I don't use it myself, how and where it puts the game files is slightly different. For SimPE and Clean Installer, you have to go into the settings and tell them where the new location of the files is because they don't know by default. I'm assuming (but don't know - because I don't use it) that you would have to do the same for HCDU. However, as I said, I'm kind of ignorant about this since I've not done it. Maybe hang around for a bit till someone comes over who has had to do this for their game and maybe they can give you more accurate information.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Test Subject
#30 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Sorry - HCDU was made long before the UC was released and James, who made it, stopped making stuff for TS2 a long time ago. When he made it originally, he made it to work with our games which were installed from disks and which had their save game files in My Documents. When you install and use HCDU, it's internal addressing goes to those files.

UC is installed in a different way and I believe, I don't use it myself, how and where it puts the game files is slightly different. For SimPE and Clean Installer, you have to go into the settings and tell them where the new location of the files is because they don't know by default. I'm assuming (but don't know - because I don't use it) that you would have to do the same for HCDU. However, as I said, I'm kind of ignorant about this since I've not done it. Maybe hang around for a bit till someone comes over who has had to do this for their game and maybe they can give you more accurate information.

Ah, okay gotcha. I was reading on one thread that you have to make a Sims 2 folder in my documents\ea games and copy the downloads folder there.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#31 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by php3vv7th11
Ah, okay gotcha. I was reading on one thread that you have to make a Sims 2 folder in my documents\ea games and copy the downloads folder there.

Ah - well, that's a workaround but if it does work, fine. Glad you sorted it.

Page 2 of 2