Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 1:19 AM
The Grim Reaper has disappeared from my game!
So while this issue isn't a huge problem since my sims can still die and become ghosts, so at least that's still a thing. The issue I'm having is more a quality of life thing, no death animation plays, they simply poof into ghosts and their grave appears near them. The Grim Reaper has vanished all together as well! I don't even see him skulking about public lots anymore either. Really the core mechanic hasn't been effected its more of an annoyance then a problem since I like to take a lot of pictures and am working on a Legacy Family whom I like to document but it makes it a lot harder when I can't get any pictures of their demise, so please help!

This started randomly after generation 2 I'm on gen 5 currently, I only really use CAS mods and MC Command Center, beyond that I keep it pretty light of anything else. I have tried repairing the game, and removing mods, when through my whole mod folder and doing them 50/50 thing of testing all the mods out until you find what ever it is that caused the problem and nothing has worked!

He's simply gone along with all the great death animations!

System Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790k CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHZ
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4GB GDDR5
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 12:49 AM
I would take out the whole sims 4 folder from my documents or documents folder. Run the game and let it regenerate a whole new set. Run the game in vanilla and see what happens when someone dies. If Grim shows up then start adding saved games etc from old sims 4 folder into the new one. Test after each addition. Sometimes it really is just a glitch somewhere else that never turns out to be a mod.
Grim is still appearing in my game with heaps of mods although I don't use MC command centre.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
I would take out the whole sims 4 folder from my documents or documents folder. Run the game and let it regenerate a whole new set. Run the game in vanilla and see what happens when someone dies. If Grim shows up then start adding saved games etc from old sims 4 folder into the new one. Test after each addition. Sometimes it really is just a glitch somewhere else that never turns out to be a mod.
Grim is still appearing in my game with heaps of mods although I don't use MC command centre.

I use Mccommand and have never had a problem with grim not showing up when a sim dies.